Texas recruiting notes 2019

7 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

I'm praying for your eternal soul, my brother.

Haha it was a joke but thanks. may the gods of Surly bless you with what ever the fuck they want to give...this is Surly’s world and we are just living in it 

1 hour ago, SLChorn said:

This Houston thing is very strange to me.

What's strange about it? An Oklahoma kid is going to go to Oklahoma. This was always a concern, he didn't have an OU offer when he committed to us, and his best friend and teammate is committed there.

The only annoying thing is how often in-state Texas kids get in their feelings whenever we offer late. No such thing for Houston.

Just now, Lonestar88 said:

What's strange about it? An Oklahoma kid is going to go to Oklahoma. This was always a concern, he didn't have an OU offer when he committed to us, and his best friend and teammate is committed there.

The only annoying thing is how often in-state Texas kids get in their feelings whenever we offer late. No such thing for Houston.

It's not like Oklahoma or Louisiana where there's only one program that's really "it" and kids are raised from birth to feel blessed OU or LSU even look at them. UT is the flagship but there's a lot of distractions in Texas.

Then again, Christmas-Giles told LSU to pound sand when they offered him on his Texas OV so we do get some wins occasionally.

OB on Houston 

Spoiler

Nothing to spill. I'm just saying he didn't decommit because he has some intention to flip to OU. Like I said, I think this was a mutual parting of ways. He wanted to take some visits, Texas said fine but that means he's not committed ... they basically shook hands and went their separate directions.

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Granted it's EJ, but he hinted at the decommitment being mutual. 

He knows less about what is going on than this board. You are buttfucking this thread more than you are adding to it with recent posts like this. This was not a decommitment encouraged by the staff. Fucking fuck, dude. 

• Like 1

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Board/21/Contents/Quick-note-on-Texas-ATH-target-Bru-McCoy-125853287/

Texas WR coach Drew Mehringer just left the McCoy home after a four hour visit. Bru probably has a closer relationship with Mehringer than any other coach recruiting him and the entire family really likes him a lot. I was told the visit was a home run and the interest in UT remains extremely high right now. Mehringer will be back in next Tuesday with Tom Herman.

Q: Greg how are you feeling on this? Close to a CB switch?

A: Not yet, I still think USC will be tough to beat despite the coaching situation going on there. I think if Kingsbury is hired as the OC, that will lock him up. If he turns it down and they go another direction, I think it could open the door a bit but as I've said before, this a family that has wanted Bru to attend USC since birth. I've seen this movie so many times with elite SoCal kids, it's really tough to pull them away no matter their record who the coach is.

Q: Greg do you believe that Texas has to much of a up hill battle to win this match against USC. Everyone has picked USC over Texas.

A: Texas has done a great job with him, I'll say they have done the best job recruiting him and I think they're in it. I would say they're a close No. 2 right now but USC had a huge lead going in to his recruitment, it's where the kid has always wanted to go and where his family has always wanted him to go and those guys are nearly impossible to pull. I'm sure it's similar to players who grow up in Texas in a Longhorn family where the kid wants to play at UT and it doesn't matter how the team does on the field or who the coach is, some kids just are programmed to go there no matter what, that's how Bru is with SC but UT has definitely given them a lot to think about.

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Board/21/Contents/Quick-note-on-Texas-ATH-target-Bru-McCoy-125853287/

Texas WR coach Drew Mehringer just left the McCoy home after a four hour visit. Bru probably has a closer relationship with Mehringer than any other coach recruiting him and the entire family really likes him a lot. I was told the visit was a home run and the interest in UT remains extremely high right now. Mehringer will be back in next Tuesday with Tom Herman.

Q: Greg how are you feeling on this? Close to a CB switch?
A: Not yet, I still think USC will be tough to beat despite the coaching situation going on there. I think if Kingsbury is hired as the OC, that will lock him up. If he turns it down and they go another direction, I think it could open the door a bit but as I've said before, this a family that has wanted Bru to attend USC since birth. I've seen this movie so many times with elite SoCal kids, it's really tough to pull them away no matter their record who the coach is.
Q: Greg do you believe that Texas has to much of a up hill battle to win this match against USC. Everyone has picked USC over Texas.
A: Texas has done a great job with him, I'll say they have done the best job recruiting him and I think they're in it. I would say they're a close No. 2 right now but USC had a huge lead going in to his recruitment, it's where the kid has always wanted to go and where his family has always wanted him to go and those guys are nearly impossible to pull. I'm sure it's similar to players who grow up in Texas in a Longhorn family where the kid wants to play at UT and it doesn't matter how the team does on the field or who the coach is, some kids just are programmed to go there no matter what, that's how Bru is with SC but UT has definitely given them a lot to think about.

See, this is how you sell subs/get clicks. WR decommit and everyone is feeling blue...no worry, here’s a story about the elite prospect and Texas pulling their best Oscar Robertson. That’ll be 19.95 (Bru McCoy surge pricing).

9 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

See, this is how you sell subs/get clicks. WR decommit and everyone is feeling blue...no worry, here’s a story about the elite prospect and Texas pulling their best Oscar Robertson. That’ll be 19.95 (Bru McCoy surge pricing).

To be fair, Biggins isn't a Texas reporter.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Pretty sure Garrett Wilson is the only one we have any sort of relationship with, and he's long since consumed the Buckeye Kool-Aid.

A hometown kid would not even consider circling back with us after the coach is leaving?  If we do not even try something is wrong with us.