Texas recruiting notes 2019

1 hour ago, NoName said:

Lil'Jordan Humphrey staying or going pro? "He's talking about staying but it's undecided. He just wants to be shot straight by the staff and by those giving him his grade. He's a smart kid and sees through bull****. If he feels like he's being mislead it'll piss him off." I told my source that it's conceivable grades will be all over the map on him. He's obviously a good NFL talent but he's really raw as a route runner. So the staff telling him he should stay is a fair, honest assessment, unless he gets a first round grade.

Collin Johnson and Brandon Jones are staying, right? "Yes, I believe so. Collin loves Texas and wants to finish what he started. Jones will stay. Missing those three games didn't help."

If they all stay and Sam continues to get better I think there is no limit to what we can accomplish next year. 

1 hour ago, NoName said:

Epps suffered a broken collarbone recently due to at least the third boneheaded action of the season by a defensive player.

What the fuck does this mean? One defensive player has made 3 boneheaded decisions, or 3 defensive players have? I haz confuse.

3 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

What the fuck does this mean? One defensive player has made 3 boneheaded decisions, or 3 defensive players have? I haz confuse.

Third time a defensive player has gone too far with contact and caused an injury in practice. Josh Moore’s shoulder is one of the other instances.

Edited by Schulz2.0

4 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Third time a defensive player has gone too far with contact and caused an injury in practice. Josh Moore’s shoulder is one of the other instances.

Can we get this anonymous defensive player to play this way during the actual games?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, futureman said:

if I’m reading the tea leaves correctly I’m almost positive he’ll be opening up his recruitment in the next day or so.  

I think you have drunk too much burnt orange kool—aid. But, hey. It looked bad for Waddle too and now he is a lead pipe cinch to transfer here. Agree 100%. 

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

He won’t be such a hot commodity if USC’s offense looks like ass.  I wouldn’t want to place my career in Helton’s hands.

So lets assume it's a repeat of this year and Helton is gone and now he's unemployed again.  You don't think the same type of offers are going to be on the table?  I think he's still the pick of the litter as far as college OCs go.  Not sure what NFL OC offers he has, but for sure NFL consultant/assistant will still be there.

Just now, Gene Parmesan said:

So lets assume it's a repeat of this year and Helton is gone and now he's unemployed again.  You don't think the same type of offers are going to be on the table?  I think he's still the pick of the litter as far as college OCs go.  Not sure what NFL OC offers he has, but for sure NFL consultant/assistant will still be there.

This speculation is pointless because the most important thing is what KK has as a end goal. Does he just want a P5 HC job or does he want the NFL to give home a coaching position?

5 minutes ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

If you're looking for a new NFL HC, why would you consider KK over Lincoln Riley? Much as I hate the Sooners, he's turned out two excellent QBs in a row and clearly knows his system very well. I'm hoping that someone hires him away, quickly. 

Teams are reportedly looking at KK for potential OC openings, not HC

9 minutes ago, Fud said:

Teams are reportedly looking at KK for potential OC openings, not HC

Still. He dun fucked up by not hopping to the NFL and choosing to hitch his wagon to the Titanic (which is SC under Helton). The NFL is an incestuous cesspool of job security and at worst, he could always move back down into the college ranks and sell recruits on his NFL experience.

Edited by UDontKnow

45 minutes ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

If you're looking for a new NFL HC, why would you consider KK over Lincoln Riley? Much as I hate the Sooners, he's turned out two excellent QBs in a row and clearly knows his system very well. I'm hoping that someone hires him away, quickly.

I'm thinking he needs to throw his hat in the ring for the Packers and working with Aaron Rodgers personally.

Rivals updated Texas rankings from their national top 100

1) Theo Wease
2) Kenyon Green
3) Trejan Bridges
4) Erick Young
5) Garrett Wilson
6) Jordan Whittington
7) DeMarvin Leal
8') Brian Williams
9) Marcel Brooks
10) Tyler Johnson
11) Arjei Henderson
12) Lewis Cine
13) Demani Richardson

Jake Smith is #69 nationally (nice), and Noah Cain is #73

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

1) Theo Wease
2) Kenyon Green
3) Trejan Bridges
4) Erick Young
5) Garrett Wilson
6) Jordan Whittington
7) DeMarvin Leal
8') Brian Williams
9) Marcel Brooks
10) Tyler Johnson
11) Arjei Henderson
12) Lewis Cine
13) Demani Richardson 

Oh Rivals, never please change

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Fud said:

1) Theo Wease
2) Kenyon Green
3) Trejan Bridges
4) Erick Young
5) Garrett Wilson
6) Jordan Whittington
7) DeMarvin Leal
8') Brian Williams
9) Marcel Brooks
10) Tyler Johnson
11) Arjei Henderson
12) Lewis Cine
13) Demani Richardson

I assume they'll do the rest tomorrow?  Maybe Owens, Hookfin, and Sweat can crack the top 100 in-state.

Just now, longhornmatt said:

Sometimes I think recruiting rankings were more accurate in like 2000 when the gurus basically didn’t rank guys until their senior years and then just based rankings off who the big schools were already going after. 

When these guys decided they were actually going to watch film and do their own rankings starting when the recruits are still sophomores, you started seeing Paden Kelly and Garrett Porter on national top 50 lists.  

Its more that they never did watch film, and started skewing their rankings based on who showed up to what camp, how they performed etc.  It became big business, and subsriptions had to be pushed more than even. Game tape is and always will be the most critical factor in evaluation in the sport, at any level.