Texas recruiting notes 2019

31 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’d be good with Cunningham or Williams and a grad transfer OT. 

I just hope we take 2 and 1 pans out as a starter next year. It would make our offense much better. In fact, if we had a better running game, I could see our offense as top 10 assuming LJH, CJ, Duv, Ingram and Sam return.

37 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’d be good with Cunningham or Williams and a grad transfer OT. 

We need all 3.

The OL depth falls off quickly from the starters to the freshmen RSing. Ideally you want those guys making a dent in year 3. I think Angilau could probably work his way into the 2 deep next year but Ghirmai, Jones, and Moore need another year.

The starting OL looks something like

Cosmi - SO(r)

Imade - JR(r)

Shackelford - SR

Okafor - JR(r)

Kerstetter - JR

After that you have Hudson and Urquidez.

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

We need all 3.

The OL depth falls off quickly from the starters to the freshmen RSing. Ideally you want those guys making a dent in year 3. I think Angilau could probably work his way into the 2 deep next year but Ghirmai, Jones, and Moore need another year.

Cosmi - SO(r)

Imade - JR(r)

Shackelford - SR

Okafor - JR(r)

Kerstetter - JR

Hudson? I think he’s done.

10 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

We need all 3.

Cosmi - SO(r)

Imade - JR(r)

Shackelford - SR

Okafor - JR(r)

Kerstetter - JR

Hopefully one or two of the redshirt freshmen will be ready to provide some quality snaps on the line next year.

14 minutes ago, Plorant said:

Not smart enough to realize you can't be more than 100% of anything.  Do not want. 

5 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Yeah, 1000% committed sounds like something Zach Smith would say.

Or Jake Smith on the last page of this thread. Do y'all not want him as well? The season is clearly over based on the shit traffic this board is now getting.

• Like 1

Just now, texifornia said:

Getting it in ahead of time that Herman's likely to offer him on his visit. 

Sucks to lose out on Cunningham to OU, if that's indeed what's up.

Yeah ideally any JUCO OL take would be an EE.  Cunningham is.  Still don't know on Williams.  He has 2 years to play 2 which means he's red shirted already, so maybe he's an EE?

Hell, maybe we take both.  Going to have to get Cunningham in for an OV though.  He doesn't have any crystal ball picks in so maybe he's not OU bound yet.

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Yeah ideally any JUCO OL take would be an EE.  Cunningham is.  Still don't know on Williams.  He has 2 years to play 2 which means he's red shirted already, so maybe he's an EE?

Hell, maybe we take both.  Going to have to get Cunningham in for an OV though.  He doesn't have any crystal ball picks in so maybe he's not OU bound yet.

https://247sports.com/college/florida-state/Article/California-JUCO-OT-sets-official-visit-with-Florida-State-125428269/

Williams, 6-foot-6 and 290-pounds, is a December graduate with two years to play two. Interest in him has picked up considerably over the past month, Williams currently hears from Indiana, SMU, Memphis, Oklahoma State, Texas, Auburn, USC and now Florida State.

• Like 2