Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

For anyone getting worked up about the Suchomel stuff on McCoy, here's what he actually posted:

I had hit up a new USC source last night to see what he was hearing about Bru McCoy. He said he’d ask around. Late last night he texted me “I’m hearing Texas.”

Don’t know who he talked to, don’t know if that’s 10th hand info or how confident he is in it being accurate. Like I said, it was sent to me late last night and I haven’t heard any other details.

That note completely flies in the face with what another good source told me yesterday and it’s the opposite of what most west coast people think, but figured I’d pass it along and let you all digest every bit of info that’s floating around out there.

Just now, TheFlagship said:

So Bru is going to magically keep his commitment quiet for over a week despite sending in an LOI tomorrow? I’ll give it 30 minutes before it’s leaked 

I fully expect whoever gets his LOI will "accidentally" blast it across the Twittersphere for a few minutes before taking it down.

1 minute ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

Yeah, his plan doesn’t really make sense unless I’m missing some things on how the signing process works. 

Apparently a couple of guys did is successfully last year, but yeah, no chance it stays secret in this case. But we already know his fax machine doesn't have long distance. 

11 hours ago, VaHorn said:

Look at the majors of the football players at UT and you will find that they are equally lacking.  A Stanford degree carries more weight than a UT degree, and Stanford is a hell of a lot harder to get into. I don’t think that’s debatable.

It’s also a hell of a lot harder to fail out of than Texas.  

2 minutes ago, DeathTongue said:

Remember a couple of years ago when some brave soul waded through all of the bullshit on the recruiting thread and then posted a daily recap of relevant information in a second thread?  Can we please get that guy back here ASAP?

You think this board deserves that?

• Fuck You 1

After our morning workout this morning a stray kitten came and watched.  When The workout was over, it came over to the group to join in the group photo.  The little guy came right up to me and sat anxiously waiting for me to turn around.  When I acknowledged it, the cute little smokey gray fur ball looked up with it’s green eyes it gave a commanding meow.  He was saying that we got this.  I reached down and said hello Bru.  It instinctively jumped up into my hands.  The trainer said we can’t leave it in the parking lot.  With four kids, a guinea pig, and a dog my wife would not appreciate me bringing home another animal, the substitute trainer decided to take it home and post pictures on Facebook of the lost animal.  I’ll just take it as a sign.  Bru will be a Longhorn ... believe it.  True story.