Tapatalk

4 hours ago, texas08 said:

Man, Tapatalk sucks. Can’t upload pics right now, and also it rarely shows me previews of linked tweets, just the URL. I hate browsing through mobile browser

what? the mobile site is way better than tapatalk

what? the mobile site is way better than tapatalk

Every time I try to like I come back to Tapatalk. When taps works, it’s good.

My biggest annoyance right now is mostly tweets not displaying (mostly just shows the url)…especially in that Ukraine thread where the poster updates with the tweets.

39 minutes ago, texas08 said:

Every time I try to like I come back to Tapatalk. When taps works, it’s good.

My biggest annoyance right now is mostly tweets not displaying (mostly just shows the url)…especially in that Ukraine thread where the poster updates with the tweets.

What kind of phone? That's more of a Twitter API issue than a surly one. I would try clearing cache/cookies for surly and seeing if that helps with Twitter. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, texas08 said:

iPhone 12max on iOS 15.5.

URLs over the actual tweets appearing are happening in Tapa, I should’ve clarified.

Also, tweets show up after someone quotes the post with the posted tweet (for the most part)…but in the original post I can only see the url of the tweet (on tapa). Might be time to give up on tapa and go full blown surly on chrome. 

I just discovered I can make my own activity stream on chrome. I like keeping up with threads I’ve participated in. 

• 2 months later...
Just now, Mac8111 said:

Can we get all the old sticky threads un-stickied on the football board? On tapa it seems like there are 20 of them on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hold down and unpin. They are featured not pinned so you can remove them yourself. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Can we get all the old sticky threads un-stickied on the football board? On tapa it seems like there are 20 of them on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

353b518ec57f9d2f852a989d042847a2.jpg
In fact there are 20…very annoying

But also more annoying is the sensitivity of ads. Any kind of fat finger with scrolling goes to an ad. Which opens up a page tab or the App Store or both.

4 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

353b518ec57f9d2f852a989d042847a2.jpg
In fact there are 20…very annoying

But also more annoying is the sensitivity of ads. Any kind of fat finger with scrolling goes to an ad. Which opens up a page tab or the App Store or both.

You can long press and dismiss those forever you know... 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheBryMan81 said:

@immamac I don't use Tapatalk, don't even have it installed, but I keep getting this stupid banner on mobile asking me if I want to open in Tapatalk. Then the buttons on it don't work, so I can't select an option. Then an ad covers it up.

How can I stop it from asking me if I want to use Tapatalk?

Screenshot_20221109-125814_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221109-125827_Chrome.jpg

So I'm trying to figure out a way to turn it off. I'll send you a DM 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

That's unfortunate but explains why it hasn't worked in months. Any thoughts on support in the out years for tapa?

I mean tapatalk is written in some ancient version of php I use a modern version. It's their fault not the forum softwares fault. 

On 11/9/2022 at 1:02 PM, TheBryMan81 said:

@immamac I don't use Tapatalk, don't even have it installed, but I keep getting this stupid banner on mobile asking me if I want to open in Tapatalk. Then the buttons on it don't work, so I can't select an option. Then an ad covers it up.

How can I stop it from asking me if I want to use Tapatalk?

Screenshot_20221109-125814_Chrome.jpg

That sure looks like Tapa is installed since it is asking you to open with Tapa.  Double check your apps in settings to see. 

tapatalk finally released an update that fixes everything it's supported again let me know if you have any issues. 
Awesome! Safe to assume notifications are going to work again? No luck here but maybe I need to downloaded the app again. Checked for updates and that's good, signed out, and still have no luck.

24 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

Awesome! Safe to assume notifications are going to work again? No luck here but maybe I need to downloaded the app again. Checked for updates and that's good, signed out, and still have no luck.

Tapa notifications? I didn't know those were broken but they should be working. I installed the server side version they released less than a month ago confirmed working with the board version we are currently on. 

Tapa notifications? I didn't know those were broken but they should be working. I installed the server side version they released less than a month ago confirmed working with the board version we are currently on. 
Just uninstalled the App and reinstalled and it's still stuck. Here is a screenshot, showing the bell(notifications) still stuck from earlier this year. 3d4c302584ca0ddb68d630fe84b06f84.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Tapa is giving hell opening links/tweets lately.  It takes well over a minute to open one link.  

I know i'm probably one of the last 4 people using it but if theres anything you can look at for that imma, it's much appreciated. 

ETA: yeah I saw somebod mentioned that they no longer preview and thats out of your control.  I can deal with them not previewing but when there's an embedded tweet every other post, its impossible to check new posts on a thread.

Edited by deft
  • Like 1

Tapa is giving hell opening links/tweets lately.  It takes well over a minute to open one link.  

I know i'm probably one of the last 4 people using it but if theres anything you can look at for that imma, it's much appreciated. 

ETA: yeah I saw somebod mentioned that they no longer preview and thats out of your control.  I can deal with them not previewing but when there's an embedded tweet every other post, its impossible to check new posts on a thread.

I have to end up holding down on the link and opening with browser.

• 10 months later...