If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

35 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Only caught a bit as I was heading to meet a buddy for HH at Bandito’s but did he really claim to have started the Deep Ellum scene?

he claimed he was heavily involved.  I don’t know shit about how it actually happened but if his stories weren’t bullshit he certainly played a big part.  

1 hour ago, futureman said:

no, Cuban was pretty emphatic about being an integral part of getting the deep ellum scene off the ground. 

He did say that the parties they were throwing in the Clearview space we're ultimately what led to the opening of Club Clearview.  A couple of the party "producers" were the ones that opened it.  Then a bunch of other bars/clubs opened nearby.  These pioneer stories always get a healthy amount of embellishment (OGW every year on the Ticket's birthday), but this one seems to have a fair amount of validity. 

Hobbs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jeff Swaney and Jeff Yarborough of the Delphi Group. Opened venues like Club Clearview and Blind Lemon. Had a hand in pretty much everything down there when it started turning from a rundown dangerous place to the punk scene to mainstream

7 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Jeff Swaney and Jeff Yarborough of the Delphi Group. Opened venues like Club Clearview and Blind Lemon. Had a hand in pretty much everything down there when it started turning from a rundown dangerous place to the punk scene to mainstream

cuban was hosting parties at the clearview warehouse before it was club clearview.  stick to what you know, assblood.