If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Sean is either completely retarded or there is something I am missing with how the women's pay is calculated.  He spend half the segment talking about how the women's professional league is barely viable and needs someone to step up with some cash for it to succeed, and then comes back with some glass ceiling bullshit.  Glass ceiling has nothing to do with nobody wanting to watch your product and therefore you don't make any money. 

Sean isn't nearly as intelligent or thoughtful as he thinks he is. Jake can be a condescending ass but I feel that he actually knows some shit.

On 7/3/2019 at 5:53 PM, Dr. Beeper said:

He’s terrible. But a somewhat lovable terrible, unlike TC, who was smarmy and terrible. The only reason they let Killer on the air is to poke fun at him later, and every time he gives them material. It’s hard to imagine the internal struggle going on with him. On one hand, he’s the worst broadcaster I’ve ever heard. On the other, he still tries, foolishly thinking he can overcome his failure. He can’t. 

the Killer essays are some of the greatest things on the Ticket.  Killer is a good sport for doing those, TC would never agree to something like that.

• Like 1

What the hell is this equal pay bullshit these women are complaining about? The women's world cup pays a way higher percentage of esrnings to the players than the men's world cup does. Women's world cup pays about 20 percent while the men's word cup pays around 6-7 percent. 

The men make way more money from their professional leagues because billions of people the world over want to pay a ton of money to watch the club teams. Almost no one wants to pay a penny to watch women in any sporting event other than the world cup and Olympics. 

If anything the men should be complaining they should be getting 20 percent equal pay of the almost 7 billion US dollars their world cup generates. 

2 hours ago, CBT said:

Dan's and Mike's story about filming the Texas High School Football tv show then the follow up segment with Brad Leland (Buddy Garrity) was great. 

I was trying to figure out who Brad Leland was so I googled him. D'oh!

4 hours ago, Rhyners said:

What the hell is this equal pay bullshit these women are complaining about? The women's world cup pays a way higher percentage of esrnings to the players than the men's world cup does. Women's world cup pays about 20 percent while the men's word cup pays around 6-7 percent. 

The men make way more money from their professional leagues because billions of people the world over want to pay a ton of money to watch the club teams. Almost no one wants to pay a penny to watch women in any sporting event other than the world cup and Olympics. 

If anything the men should be complaining they should be getting 20 percent equal pay of the almost 7 billion US dollars their world cup generates. 

well, women are stupid. 

5 hours ago, Angry Gorilla said:

the Killer essays are some of the greatest things on the Ticket.  Killer is a good sport for doing those, TC would never agree to something like that.

that’s because TC is a useless, smug fuck.  he came crawling back to the ticket once, I doubt they’d take him back a second time.  plus judo is a major, major upgrade. 

16 hours ago, Rhyners said:

Well you know how WNBA players are paid the same salaries as their NBA player counterparts?  Soccer girls want the same treatment.

24 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Well you know how WNBA players are paid the same salaries as their NBA player counterparts?  Soccer girls want the same treatment.

i couldnt believe that sue bird is making $36mil next season.

I love dry dock simply because it drives most of you crazy. It's the best. 

You guys all seem unusually grumpy. Perhaps you're hungry. How about some Guy Fieri''s Poolside Cheeseburgers?

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1

Another entry into the pantheon of Hardline segments that are nothing more than talking about some old record or song because it's an anniversary of it's release.  Today's gem: the 35th anniversary of Springsteen's Born in the USA.

Maybe I'm just too young, but is this really 5:20 segment-worthy? It is the offseason, but come on.

50 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Another entry into the pantheon of Hardline segments that are nothing more than talking about some old record or song because it's an anniversary of it's release.  Today's gem: the 35th anniversary of Springsteen's Born in the USA.

Maybe I'm just too young, but is this really 5:20 segment-worthy? It is the offseason, but come on.

of course it’s segment worthy.  it’s what they do.  

15 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Yeah I guess you're right.  I'm just overly sensitive to Corby's laziness when it comes to prepping for segments.

He's horribad w/ this.  Anytime he's talking about a subject I'm even casually familiar with, I know half of his points/facts will be wrong or he'll be completely ignorant of an important aspect of the story.

He's a moron.

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

He's horribad w/ this.  Anytime he's talking about a subject I'm even casually familiar with, I know half of his points/facts will be wrong or he'll be completely ignorant of an important aspect of the story.

He's a moron.

Did Corby take a long sigh and then call Born in the USA the greatest album of the 80s?

2 hours ago, Sparky said:

Wow, only one segment into it and Dave Raymond is not doing well here as the fill in.

He finished with a home run though. That story he's telling Dan and the old grey wolf about sitting with Willie Mays then visiting his house, and Willie hating Louisville Sluggers and only using them for televised games was one of the better stories on the ticket in years. Pure baseball nostalgia

15 hours ago, futureman said:

please elaborate.  many of us have not been tuned in for b-team radio. 

Skinny white dude who has been able to make a living playing ad lib “loop” songs in live venues. So strange but it’s just absurd enough to make me laugh.