If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

6 minutes ago, futureman said:

the pigpen is such a fucking tune out.  danny is more useless than corby. 

I happened to tune in right in the middle of the fake commercials Danny was so proud of. I tuned right back out.

Hicks interview was interesting and depressing. Wasn’t sure of the year he was talking about but  Jimmy Sexton reached out to him about Saban wanting to come to Texas if Mack retired. I’m thinking 2011. Hicks told Mack who was angry and said no way would Saban come in and win an MNC with his players. Said the 2013 effort was soft played by Patterson and that Saban was mad because the prior interest was leaked.

Felix the cat as a guest came on and I thought, "this is going to be the stupidest thing ever done on the ticket".  Aaaaaand about 30 seconds in...I thought I was going to piss my pants laughing.  Damn, Gordo is a fucking genius.  How he hasn't moved on to much bigger things than the little ticket is beyond me.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, C-Man said:

Sean Bass and Jake Kemp are a beating of the highest order.

fifm

Lets take the 2 shittiest on air people we have, team them up and put them in our most valuable time slot.  What could possibly go wrong.

Holiday time slots, even drive time, must rank really really low.

sean bass, monty, and welpton.  appointment listening.  

and a whole week of ty and eli filling in for the hardline.  I guess it will be kinda nice to have some quiet during the day for a change.  I am really looking forward to dan and julie though. 

On 7/5/2019 at 7:44 PM, Jive Turkey said:

65938722_10217849501481934_297067171290465911921_10217849502521960_8028428443374

Never understood how this can be a successful scheduling strategy.  This pretty much says that for the entire month of July, listeners will not have at least 4 out of 10 of your core on air talent.  Including 1 of your 2 main drive time shows being completely off for the entire month.  They know a hell of a lot more about it than I do, but it just seems like basically throwing July away entirely would be a mistake.

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

Never understood how this can be a successful scheduling strategy.  This pretty much says that for the entire month of July, listeners will not have at least 4 out of 10 of your core on air talent.  Including 1 of your 2 main drive time shows being completely off for the entire month.  They know a hell of a lot more about it than I do, but it just seems like basically throwing July away entirely would be a mistake.

I would bet that at this point it's pretty understood and planned for in terms of setting advertising rates, selling slots etc.  In a lot of cases just better to rip the bandaid off than slowly peel it. 

Given the longevity of their on air talent i have to imagine that securing more vacation time and rights on when they can take it is something each of those guys have slowly garnered through each successive contract.  

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

I’d rather they leave for even 6 weeks during the summer to prevent the christmas dry dock.  I hate them taking off the whole 2nd half of december when the cowboys are playing meaningful games. 

Sean is either completely retarded or there is something I am missing with how the women's pay is calculated.  He spend half the segment talking about how the women's professional league is barely viable and needs someone to step up with some cash for it to succeed, and then comes back with some glass ceiling bullshit.  Glass ceiling has nothing to do with nobody wanting to watch your product and therefore you don't make any money. 

Edited by Gene Parmesan