If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

I guess the plan is to bridge the gap with two producers who have to pull double duty for the same amount of pay? How great for them! I'd ask why not Monty for 1-3 but I'd imagine the pay is so terrible that he'd rather keep his regular job. 

Jake has said some things that make me think he's pretty bitter about the way he was treated as non-host and how they continue to treat non-hosts.  Makes me think he may have been very well aware they will net less money but he wasn't going to continue to work for cumulus unless they got the exact deal they wanted.  

As others have said though, given they seem to really be winging it, it's also interesting that they thought Cumulus would fold.  I don't get the sense either of them are too business savvy.  I'm betting cumulus corporate thought it was amateur hour negotiating with those guys - particularly if they were doing bits during negotiations per their exit video.  Not a great approach to getting what you want in a negotiation.  Kind of easy to see how it all fell apart.

• Like 1

Jake has said some things that make me think he's pretty bitter about the way he was treated as non-host and how they continue to treat non-hosts.  Makes me think he may have been very well aware they will net less money but he wasn't going to continue to work for cumulus unless they got the exact deal they wanted.  
As others have said though, given they seem to really be winging it, it's also interesting that they thought Cumulus would fold.  I don't get the sense either of them are too business savvy.  I'm betting cumulus corporate thought it was amateur hour negotiating with those guys - particularly if they were doing bits during negotiations per their exit video.  Not a great approach to getting what you want in a negotiation.  Kind of easy to see how it all fell apart.

I get the feeling they went through this without a real agent. They seem a bit naive in how this all works.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Not sure I’ve seen it mentioned here yet but Brad Kellner would be interesting. UT representation. Originally from Dallas area and interned for BaD probably 10-ish years ago iirc. Got Surly stamp of approval while he produced and then hosted at the 104.9 The Horn in Austin. Been hosting PM drive time show in Houston last few years.

22 minutes ago, D_Goose said:

Not sure I’ve seen it mentioned here yet but Brad Kellner would be interesting. UT representation. Originally from Dallas area and interned for BaD probably 10-ish years ago iirc. Got Surly stamp of approval while he produced and then hosted at the 104.9 The Horn in Austin. Been hosting PM drive time show in Houston last few years.

Who Is That Jeremy Renner GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Covri said:

A lot of posters here are.  the ticket is a soap opera for men comment from pages who was pretty accurate.

I hear The Horn in Austin is no more or about to be no more, maybe the ticket can grab some of those dudes for midday?

I don’t take it too seriously. I’m responding to idiots here so worried about losing them, what they’re gonna do, etc.  It doesn’t matter, and I like them both.  The guy you’re quoting is a guy that proclaimed to the board he’s Day 1 P1 and insinuated as a result his opinions carry more weight. 

8 hours ago, threesheets said:

Yeah I don't mind McClearin at all.  Feel like he's someone that could eventually blend in to the culture.

He’s really bad. Reminds me a bit of a blend of Jake and BD Hunter with a heavy lean toward the latter. He claims he was abducted by an alien. No fucking way. His only redeeemable quality is he was infinitely better than JJT, but the same would go for you or even Hermanator. 

Mclarin sucks and always has. He what, produced the f’ing Ben and skin Saturday show and hosted with jjt? Was on espn? Gimme a break. 

give the dubs a chance. Miny and monto with Donny would be a fantastic show. Lots of wheels offedness and good sports talk. 

42 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

He’s really bad. Reminds me a bit of a blend of Jake and BD Hunter with a heavy lean toward the latter. He claims he was abducted by an alien. No fucking way. His only redeeemable quality is he was infinitely better than JJT, but the same would go for you or even Hermanator. 

I'll 100% give you that he might have been looking like a diamond next to cocky sniffin' ass JJT.

I'm Mavs first so I'm a Ben & Skin fan, because of Skin obviously. He's the best in town for that and could work color on national broadcasts if those jobs went to anyone but ex players and coaches. Fight me. 

Ben's music is awesome though. Shits on anything anyone at the Ticket has ever done. See above about fighting. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, threesheets said:

I'm Mavs first so I'm a Ben & Skin fan, because of Skin obviously. He's the best in town for that and could work color on national broadcasts if those jobs went to anyone but ex players and coaches. Fight me. 

Ben's music is awesome though. Shits on anything anyone at the Ticket has ever done. See above about fighting. 

Dude fuckin sucks on mavs broadcasts too, total third wheel / unnecessary Tommy try hard. 

• Hook 'Em 3

58 minutes ago, futureman said:

someone on gordo's twitch stream tonight said monty and ted were getting 10-12.  no idea as to the veracity of that statement, but someone said it.

Ted? The national golf ticker spare? Wtf? That guy isn't even a radio guy. He's a pretentious male version of Julie. 

If they get Monty and don't have the show be WIP they're fucking idiots. 

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Dude fuckin sucks on mavs broadcasts too, total third wheel / unnecessary Tommy try hard. 

You know what?  I'll give you that over the last couple of years he's become the goofy "entertainment." Maybe covid adjustments, maybe cancer? He's better than Harper, but he would never say that. 

Do you watch his post-game work? 

2 hours ago, bluto said:

Caught a little on the freak today with skin(?) wade yelling let’s effing go for 2 minutes straight while Julie(?) laughed. Truly awful. Then the rhyner show was hardline level apathy from togw. 

I was in the car quite a bit today and flipped it over to the "new" afternoon drive combination of Cavanaugh (I think), Julie Dobbs and Rhynes. Woof. Terribad. I'm sure Rhynes is wondering what the fuck he's doing, at least with Sirois and Dingu he was working with some of his buddies from The Ticket. Now he gets a FAN cast-off and Julie???

One has to wonder if Rhynes engineered the changes or iHeart management. Obviously shuffling deck chairs. Owning that big fat powerful frequency and getting beat in ratings by a tiny Laotian station or the barbershop quartet voice of north Texas is embarrassing and terrible business. I expect this round of changes to be next to last. The third will be a bloodletting and then next down the drain.

9 hours ago, bluto said:

He’s terrible on Mavs broadcasts. 

7 hours ago, threesheets said:

Lol. Yeah I want to talk basketball with you. 

You know what?  I'll give you that over the last couple of years he's become the goofy "entertainment." Maybe covid adjustments, maybe cancer? He's better than Harper, but he would never say that. 

Do you watch his post-game work? 

And if you think he sucks you just don't know shit. 

Lol

7 hours ago, C-Man said:

I was in the car quite a bit today and flipped it over to the "new" afternoon drive combination of Cavanaugh (I think), Julie Dobbs and Rhynes. Woof. Terribad. I'm sure Rhynes is wondering what the fuck he's doing, at least with Sirois and Dingu he was working with some of his buddies from The Ticket. Now he gets a FAN cast-off and Julie???

did Rhyner start trying again? if not he alone is the problem. dude hasn't worked hard and carried a radio show in what? like a decade.

14 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

One has to wonder if Rhynes engineered the changes or iHeart management. Obviously shuffling deck chairs. Owning that big fat powerful frequency and getting beat in ratings by a tiny Laotian station or the barbershop quartet voice of north Texas is embarrassing and terrible business. I expect this round of changes to be next to last. The third will be a bloodletting and then next down the drain.

id be floored if Rhyner booted Mike S and Danny.

8 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Skin is terrible. Knoxie is better. 

Effin hell you’re actually right, knoxie as a yuk monkey was (often unintentional) gold at times.

Did skin go to anm? Baylor? That’s about the best way I can describe him. 

30 minutes ago, bluto said:

Effin hell you’re actually right, knoxie as a yuk monkey was (often unintentional) gold at times.

Did skin go to anm? Baylor? That’s about the best way I can describe him. 

Skin went to the Lowell Galindo School of Dicksuck

8 hours ago, C-Man said:

I haven't listened to a second of the new format, no desire to, but what were they thinking?  Doesn't it make way more sense to come up with some configuration where Danny and Sirois are in the vacated hang zone slot to try to grab share from ticket listeners?  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Porterhouse said:

Skin is terrible. Knoxie is better. 

They're both shit. I've met Knoxie in the wild and he's a complete piece of shit.

The minute Rhynes walks away from The Freak, that station is done. However, if Hang Zone winds up there and takes over morning or afternoon drive, that could be something.

Perfectly timed drop this AM during Gordo's Corner. Gordo was discussing somebody (maybe it was him as I was half-listening) coming across a headless seal or sea lion. Whoever is on the board fired off the Norm drop: "Head hunting is a coward!"

I would kill everyone of you for a burger from Schmitz.   Damn that was a great dive.

Never ate at Schmitz, but been to Keller's more times than I can count.
Club Schmitz was so incredible. My last CS shirt is about to completely fall apart and I'm sad about that. The old flat-top from Schmitz is down at Dot's in Deep Ellum.

53c84aba74b5171b9f0ff9af7c99ff57.jpg

Home office coaster
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I would kill everyone of you for a burger from Schmitz.   Damn that was a great dive.

I wrote millions of dollars of orders at Club Schmitt. One of my reps would call me with a deal or two on a Friday and state it could only be done at CS that afternoon. Would drive over and give him the POs. He’d write the terms on a napkin. Cold beer and that killer burger and a killer deal closed the week right.
  • Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, futureman said:

someone on gordo's twitch stream tonight said monty and ted were getting 10-12.  no idea as to the veracity of that statement, but someone said it.

Ted emerich?  He and Monty would be the 2nd best show on the station if true

• Hook 'Em 1