If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

13 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

How do Ben & Skin still have jobs. Their numbers have sucked forever.

I don't understand why The Freak didn't move Danny/Sirois to that slot.  That was such an obvious move.  I flipped over this AM on drive to office during Musers commercial and next thing I know I got to the office without flipping back.  It's a decent show and they had a real opportunity to grab share.  Same can't be said for Mike's new show.  After flipping over yesterday - I decided after a couple of minutes to just listen to ticket commercials. It was that bad.

1 minute ago, nolongerU2horn said:

I would say Bruenig is an employment law expert

He's a 34 year old "attorney" blogger/podcaster from what I can tell.  What actual experience does he have defending non-compete TRO's?  These guys appear to be a couple of activists/idealists which is fine and all but they are about to go up against real lawyers that, from what I can tell so far, have both the facts and the law on their side.  Unless they have some written communication that invalidates/weakens the contracts or something similar up their sleeve I suspect they are going to get their ass kicked.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I don't understand why The Freak didn't move Danny/Sirois to that slot.  That was such an obvious move.  I flipped over this AM on drive to office during Musers commercial and next thing I know I got to the office without flipping back.  It's a decent show and they had a real opportunity to grab share.  Same can't be said for Mike's new show.  After flipping over yesterday - I decided after a couple of minutes to just listen to ticket commercials. It was that bad.

Because midday ad revenue is much lower than drive time

18 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Julie is the problem. She's fine as a ticker or news reader but she's a terrible host. Her commercials are bad, too. She should stick to drinking wine with EJ.

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

1477134086e043236bccabc021322736.jpg
July numbers here with dry docks and vacations. Ticket still with massive domination in the market. Will be interesting to see august.

How do Ben & Skin still have jobs. Their numbers have sucked forever.

if sean bass can sustain #1 ratings I'll eat crow and bow down to the power of the ticket and the p1.  but I just don't see this continuing.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, RPM said:

Julie is the problem. She's fine as a ticker or news reader but she's a terrible host. Her commercials are bad, too. She should stick to drinking wine with EJ.

I didn't mind her (like most) when she had a minor role.  But yeah, she's not a lead and certainly no chemistry with Mike in small sample size I heard.  But Mike is and has been 'done'.  Have not heard a single segment with Mike that held my attention anytime I've flipped over since The Freak started.  Good for him getting a last payday but his days of putting out good radio are way behind him.  The current HL is an improvement compared to the last few years he was at The Ticket IMO.

• Like 1

Said something about hearing the most dumb questions and answers on segment ever during the Birdhouse then told Donny and Matt something like "there's a show called the Dumb Zone right? If it didn't fit them so well that's the name y'all should use". That's not the exact wording but it was something similar 

Edited by Hermanator

So apparently the ex parte TRO was denied on procedural grounds (Plaintiff didn't give notice to Defendants or reason why notice should not be required).   We need an employment lawyer/litigator to weigh in on whether this was likely something Baker Hostettler thought they could slip through in order to expedite the TRO (i.e., strategic) or if it was a fuckup. 

4 hours ago, Skipper said:

He's a 34 year old "attorney" blogger/podcaster from what I can tell.  What actual experience does he have defending non-compete TRO's?  These guys appear to be a couple of activists/idealists which is fine and all but they are about to go up against real lawyers that, from what I can tell so far, have both the facts and the law on their side.  Unless they have some written communication that invalidates/weakens the contracts or something similar up their sleeve I suspect they are going to get their ass kicked.

Pretty sure Bruenig was an employment/labor attorney prior to joining a think tank/becoming a podcaster.  

24 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Pretty sure Bruenig was an employment/labor attorney prior to joining a think tank/becoming a podcaster.  

Maybe so.  I just generally think 33-34 is probably around the minimum age of experience/competence to lead on anything as an attorney to the extent they went straight to law school and have been practicing full time (which this guy clearly has not).  Then again, he didn't have the procedural fuckup, and I'm a transactional attorney, not a litigator, so what do I know.   @Brisketexan    - I know you probably have no idea what The Ticket is and don't care about this Dallas soap radio opera, but if you were engaged to handle an ex parte TRO regarding a non-compete violation in federal court and didn't provide notice to the D's or provide a basis for why notice should not be required (apparently Rule 65(b)(1)(A)-(B).  Is that a fuckup or could it have been strategy to expedite hoping the judge didn't care?  I'm genuinely curious given my assumption the big corp lawyers (Baker Hostettler) were about to wipe the floor with our radio friends that are being represented by a couple of activist attorneys.

2 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Maybe so.  I just generally think 33-34 is probably around the minimum age of experience/competence to lead on anything as an attorney to the extent they went straight to law school and have been practicing full time (which this guy clearly has not).  Then again, he didn't have the procedural fuckup, and I'm a transactional attorney, not a litigator, so what do I know.   @Brisketexan    - I know you probably have no idea what The Ticket is and don't care about this Dallas soap radio opera, but if you were engaged to handle an ex parte TRO regarding a non-compete violation in federal court and didn't provide notice to the D's or provide a basis for why notice should not be required (apparently Rule 65(b)(1)(A)-(B).  Is that a fuckup or could it have been strategy to expedite hoping the judge didn't care?  I'm genuinely curious given my assumption the big corp lawyers (Baker Hostettler) were about to wipe the floor with our radio friends that are being represented by a couple of activist attorneys.

I really don't get TROs/preliminary injunctions in Federal Court much, but yeah, the rule is pretty clear.  You aren't going to get an ex parte TRO granted in Fed court if you can't show that there is a real need to get it granted ASAP because imminent harm is about to occur, or you made a real effort to give notice, AND you have a reason why notice shouldn't be required.

In state court, depends on the county, but at least in Travis County, you best have a reason for not giving notice.  You are expected to give notice unless there's a compelling reason not to. 

So, summary: in this particular case, failure to meet the Rule 65 standard looks like it could be a screwup.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

So is the next step to fix the fuckup with a notice and refilling?

Probably.  But seems like we get another 1-2 weeks of content.  Is there any chance Dan and Jake don't gloat about this a bit on the next podcast they record?  They won't be able to help themselves LOL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hermanator said:

I know you're used to friends and family calling you dumb but Jake and Dan probably aren't. 

you’re like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie… what are you even saying?  do you listen to the station?  go hop on the unticket and plow through about 300 hours of content before you post here again. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Skipper said:

So they hired (or are getting pro bono work) from friends/activists and not employment law experts.  That's a shocker.

I wouldn't consider non-competes to be "employment law" as such.  It's much more contract litigation.  I consider "employment law" to be much more in the vein of non-discrimination statutes, wage/hour, ERISA, and the like.

But I do know that Kingston has done some non-compete litigation in the past.  I think he's perfectly competent to handle this representation.

But look--there's kind of a consistent deal with non-compete litigation.  The real goal for both sides is to extract a price by which the former employee buys his way out of the contract.  Because enforcing a six-month non-compete through litigation doesn't really make a lot of sense for either side.

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

Nobody asked me, but I'll offer an opinion.  A TRO without notice just really isn't a thing in federal court.  Rule 65 kind of allows for it, but as you can see from the language of the Rule, the burden is pretty damned high.

And I really don't understand why you wouldn't provide notice and set it.  Call chambers and let them know that you have an emergency motion coming.  They'll set a response date and get you squared away.  But there's nothing going on that really required the Plaintiff to haul off and seek a TRO without notice.

It's just a bit weird.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Skipper said:

It's a decent show and they had a real opportunity to grab share.  Same can't be said for Mike's new show. 

I think it can, if only because Sean and Mino are so damn boring.  It's just not a good show. And the Freak is running Mike out there at 2pm now so there are going to be some people listening to that over the Ticket from 2-3, which will eventually affect the HL's numbers (however insignificantly, who knows).  I don't understand why they didn't put Sean and Mino on from 10-noon so the Musers could carry them and put the Invasion on as a lead-in to the HL.

6 hours ago, futureman said:

if sean bass can sustain #1 ratings I'll eat crow and bow down to the power of the ticket and the p1.  but I just don't see this continuing.

Nope.

Edited by threesheets

3 hours ago, futureman said:

you’re like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie… what are you even saying?  do you listen to the station?  go hop on the unticket and plow through about 300 hours of content before you post here again. 

Stop. Quoting. The. Fucktard. 

2 hours ago, futureman said:

what is a TRO

Looks like Drew hijacked your passcode. 

1 hour ago, HRSchenker said:

Is Philip a better attorney than he was a city councilman?

Anything that loudmouth power-hungry fucktard and his butt buddy Scott Griggs do for the rest of their lives, I’ll instinctively oppose. Those guys are fucking morons. 

7 minutes ago, futureman said:

fuck off with that shit.  lawyer shit is for blood-sucking lawyers.  you'll get a TRO from mine if you keep hurling that vitriol at me.

So all the sudden it’s I’m a big jerk?