If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

6 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I think you’re a fucking idiot. 

Tap the brakes. I can easily name 100 more moments that have been far more entertaining, and several recurring segments / events that are far more entertaining. Oh no, we won’t be able to hear Chappy!

100 of em, go! 

• Hook 'Em 1

They don't do it at the Villages anymore? Isnt that where it used to be?
Will be interesting to see the ratings from now until December. 

Apparently not. I think this was the first one since the pandemic. Personally, I’d much rather have it indoors this time of year. The Village area has changed exponentially in the last couple of years. It’s gone much, much more upscale and I bet is no longer hosting dirty P1’s from the mid-cities.

50 minutes ago, nolongerU2horn said:

Ratings are out. 10-3 now trailing The Fan. The Freak now #9 in the market from 3-7p

wait, but i was told that there would be no difference in the 10-noon and 1-3 shows vs the Invasion with Norm and THZ

is a 3.4 drop in share for the invasion and 3.2 (33%) drop in share for 1-3 is bad?

https://preview.redd.it/rddn1nheommb1.png?width=1318&format=png&auto=webp&s=f3ae5e5d6a888ac2cce7b7ab8d48579855528773

17 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The Musers and HL are still doing pretty good and that's really all that matters now. You guys are about as bad on the doom and gloom as Reddit. 

The Musers ain't gonna do this forever. Doom and gloom or not, it just isn't the same without the rock steady middle of the day with some iteration of Norm, Dan, Bob and Jake holding down the fort. There is a MASSIVE drop off with what we get now from 10-3 and it will slowly erode the HL's numbers. The Musers will be kings until Gordo quits.

• Hook 'Em 4

16 minutes ago, elguapo said:

image.jpeg.b8c6f00da643ce150302eeb98d471a8c.jpeg

Below is the same point from last year

3erajyso52n91.png?width=920&format=png&a

And since context is quite often lost over hyperbole, this is what Peter Welpton wrote about it:

While America's Favorite Radio Station™ continues its epic hold on #1 in its core demo, the joyride at #1 6+ has expired (that goes to sister station KSCS). Good times were had by all, always appreciated, and were never taken for granted.  

The headline is that The Ticket continues to produce some of the best ratings in its existence.

But that is not how Reddit works now, is it? Okay, let's discuss.

The natural ebbs and flows of ratings are happening here but also occurring during this well-discussed time of change inside the Mothership - so what you see is both predictable (natural settling from unusual highs) and expected (reflections of changes). Important to remember, that we tend to look at these in terms of trends and not single-month spikes (up or down). You can follow that and make your own judgments, but here is some perspective.

Observant P1's will point out the trends from March-Aug 2023: continued growth to those ridiculous May'23 numbers, and a settling trend since. Fair, but let's add to the context of one year ago when the station was #5 in the core demo and not #1 in any daypart. Or, more recently the December numbers just eight months ago. Double-digit shares were never a realistic long-term position and it was always presumed some level of decline. What is the new factor are the programming changes and that is where watching new trends emerge (or not) will be of great interest to all involved.

Understandable to review these with a skeptic's eye, but the Little Ticket is, and will be, fine.

Edited by mdmost

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

The Musers ain't gonna do this forever. Doom and gloom or not, it just isn't the same without the rock steady middle of the day with some iteration of Norm, Dan, Bob and Jake holding down the fort. There is a MASSIVE drop off with what we get now from 10-3 and it will slowly erode the HL's numbers. The Musers will be kings until Gordo quits.

Sure, there's a massive drop off but you can't say for certain it will affect the HL one way or the other. That's just pure speculation. The biggest thing that will affect that Ticket in the next few months isn't whether the daytime parts that always get less listeners is better or worse. It will all come down to whether the Cowboys or good or not. If they are, people will tune over to the Fan. 

• Like 1

Driving back from the doctor the invasion starts. It’s like they are following the Freak model of doofuses pulling their pud to talk about anything but sports.

Donnie leads and asks Mclearin how he’s doing. He says he burned his mouth and tongue on hot coffee. Donnie then states he has sensitive mouth and cannot eat good that isn’t room temperature. Which then leads to why our genes are flawed because we have wastes and the question is do plants shit? This is the show that energy vampire Colin Robinson would put out.

So ratings issues with both shows but particularly Sean Bass lead in to HL. Dan Bennett will be on this issue and if a trend will make changes to fix to protect both drive shows.both shows just feel like the old failed pilots they’d show in the summer

• Hook 'Em 1

It's been said but Donovan/McLearin should be the immediate lead-in to The Hard Line. Put the JV B Team "SeaBass/Mino" in 10-12. Let the JV A Team get the three-hour slot. Perhaps Donny/McLearin have 10-1 and SeaBass/Mino are 1-3. I'm not listening then so I don't really know.

• Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Driving back from the doctor the invasion starts. It’s like they are following the Freak model of doofuses pulling their pud to talk about anything but sports.

Donnie leads and asks Mclearin how he’s doing. He says he burned his mouth and tongue on hot coffee. Donnie then states he has sensitive mouth and cannot eat good that isn’t room temperature. Which then leads to why our genes are flawed because we have wastes and the question is do plants shit? This is the show that energy vampire Colin Robinson would put out.

So ratings issues with both shows but particularly Sean Bass lead in to HL. Dan Bennett will be on this issue and if a trend will make changes to fix to protect both drive shows.both shows just feel like the old failed pilots they’d show in the summer

i can't believe they didn't take more time and do an actual search to find a good partner for Donnie.

fuck around with one of the shows - sure. you have WIP and that show is fine.

but to do some kind of search and say that yeah, Matt fucking Mclarin was the best choice that fast? what kind of search is that? it isn't like he and Donnie had some longterm prior relationship and had worked together a ton. now, Matt does bring some of that chaotic energy that Dan and Gordo both have for sure but is that really the BEST guy you can find in the country sit next to Donnie? really?

and lol at Peter and anyone acting like a 33% drop month over month is normal and ok for the 1-3 timeframe.

33 minutes ago, NoName said:

i can't believe they didn't take more time and do an actual search to find a good partner for Donnie.

fuck around with one of the shows - sure. you have WIP and that show is fine.

but to do some kind of search and say that yeah, Matt fucking Mclarin was the best choice that fast? what kind of search is that? it isn't like he and Donnie had some longterm prior relationship and had worked together a ton. now, Matt does bring some of that chaotic energy that Dan and Gordo both have for sure but is that really the BEST guy you can find in the country sit next to Donnie? really?

and lol at Peter and anyone acting like a 33% drop month over month is normal and ok for the 1-3 timeframe.

Mclarin holds his own, Donnie is the one who sucks imo.  Donnie + anyone is going to suck.

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

That's the just open that every show does. The Invasion got into sports heavily after that with the Birdhouse being the only non sports segment. McClearin is great at CFB and NFL talk, and honestly other than from May/June through mid August I prefer mostly sports talk. 

Give me Cowboys talk. IDGAF if Carolina is going to be improved this year not. Way too much generic ESPN National sports talk on the midday shows now. Their non-sports segments aren't nearly as engaging as The Hang Zone's were -- and that's 100% due to the personalities.

Hey rosie...I have a tamale in the end of this shotgun. 

I'll sit on the deck with the orchestra until gordo jumps off but I'm completely out from the mix at 950 until wtds. Gen X is enough to keep it on during the hardline. 

It's sad to watch the old girl die. Helluva run. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, pops said:

Hey rosie...I have a tamale in the end of this shotgun. 

I'll sit on the deck with the orchestra until gordo jumps off but I'm completely out from the mix at 950 until wtds. Gen X is enough to keep it on during the hardline. 

It's sad to watch the old girl die. Helluva run. 

Este

23 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Give me Cowboys talk. IDGAF if Carolina is going to be improved this year not. Way too much generic ESPN National sports talk on the midday shows now. Their non-sports segments aren't nearly as engaging as The Hang Zone's were -- and that's 100% due to the personalities.

I actually like they do more talk about the entire NFL and not just Cowboys. If you want 24/7 Cowboys talk this time of year nothing is going to beat the Fan. They actually do a really good job of it these days. We just have different tastes in what we want and I prefer Donovan and McClearin talking sports over Norm and Donovan or pretty much anyone else at the station. They already get Corby in for the Birdhouse which is pretty good but I wish they'd get Bob in for a football talk segment once a week during the season. 

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I actually like they do more talk about the entire NFL and not just Cowboys. If you want 24/7 Cowboys talk this time of year nothing is going to beat the Fan. They actually do a really good job of it these days. We just have different tastes in what we want and I prefer Donovan and McClearin talking sports over Norm and Donovan or pretty much anyone else at the station. They already get Corby in for the Birdhouse which is pretty good but I wish they'd get Bob in for a football talk segment once a week during the season. 

OK, fine. Talk about the big stories facing the NFL. Aaron Rodgers with the Packers. Tom Brady finally gone from NFL. Johnathan Taylor. Can the Chiefs repeat? That's fine. Talk about things and how they pertain to the Cowboys. I don't need regurgitated quick hits from The Athletic or ESPN.com, not on The Ticket at least. Trouble is I don't think anybody in the 10-3 slots is all that interesting talking about current events, funny stories, doing bits, entertainment news, etc.

10-1 has the Birdhouse which is nothing but bits, Gordo every Tuesday at 10:15. They're going to have Black Joe Trahan on during football season every week. They have Greg McElory on every week for CFB talk. 1-3 has Gordo every Wednesday from 2:30-WTDS. They are going to have Jub on every Thursday, and the NIT Break on Fridays. The first segment of 1-3 is usually screwing around, bits, funny stories. I'm sure they'll incorporate more as time goes on. Not that you'll be listening. 

2 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

Somebody got some new 10-3 knee pads. 

Nope. I don't even listen to 10-1 as I've now reclaimed an extra hour to listen to music. Just wanted to point out statements that were incorrect. I do listen to 1-3 and it's fine. I'm not pissy about all this like most of you. I can listen to Dan and Jake at my leisure now without having to fight through ads or only an hour delay. Best of both worlds for me. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Nope. I don't even listen to 10-1 as I've now reclaimed an extra hour to listen to music. Just wanted to point out statements that were incorrect. I do listen to 1-3 and it's fine. I'm not pissy about all this like most of you. I can listen to Dan and Jake at my leisure now without having to fight through ads or only an hour delay. Best of both worlds for me. 

totally agree.

Listened to a segment on the app for the first time in weeks to hear Klatt.  That will probably continue to be the only thing I listen to on the Sportsday App.  They only spent 2-3 minutes on Texas Bama which is par for the course with fucking Corby driving parts of the conversation. I'm sure he skips it all together if Bob didn't bring it up at the end (of course, in a question that also included A&M going on the road).  At one point before even mentioning the big game this weekend Corby attempted to steer convo to OU.  Good example of why I find myself listening to Sirius XM84 drive time and barely any Ticket at all these days.  They should be spending a ton of time this week on Texas Bama (and sure, spend time on Aggy-Miami as well as that's a big game for A&M fans in the market) but tuning in live I haven't heard anything when I've been in car so I've moved on.