If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

8 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I only occasionally tune in from 10-1. Why does it seem like they are constantly talking about craft beers. Yawn. 

You must tune in on the same day every time because they only do 1 segment a week on it

25 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

You must tune in on the same day every time because they only do 1 segment a week on it

Now that we have you here, please Tell us, what was it like taking a gal to prom as an adult. 

34 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Ah that’s it. I have a routine on Friday and I could be just catching them at the same time every time. 

2 hours ago, Hermanator said:

I must be guilty of it, too. Seems like it was every time I listened to middays. The biggest problem is the Ticket has lost the funny and tried to replace it with man talk from less than manly men. Dying is easy, comedy is hard.

3 hours ago, RPM said:

I must be guilty of it, too. Seems like it was every time I listened to middays. The biggest problem is the Ticket has lost the funny and tried to replace it with man talk from less than manly men. Dying is easy, comedy is hard.

Pretty solid way of putting it. That mino show is listless ship at sea… not funny enough to do schtick, minimal real life experiences/zero story telling skill, and no sports insight either. Monty has a little something on humor/story but of course he’s a backup. 

My point is they had the talent to get back on top. Now they have lost comedy Jesus. If Gordo leaves it's life without God. The Ticket is entering it's Dave Campo era.

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, RPM said:

My point is they had the talent to get back on top.

oh yeah that’s true.  I only see further ratings decline during middays; sean bass and mino the bitch aren’t bringing any new listeners to the station.

and say what you will about norman elizabeth but he added to the ratings.  from a personal standpoint I also found him to be more tolerable in his final years.  I’d take him over mcclearin 100x/100. 

• Hook 'Em 3

13 hours ago, futureman said:

the fan passed the ticket a few times before Dan too.  or I think they did, that’s what I’m asking.

or maybe I’m not understanding the point you’re making. 

The Fan passed the Ticket a few times before, but that was during Cowboys season, and the Fan is the Cowboys flagship station, so people chalked it up to being a Cowboys ratings bump.  

But this was in March with no Cowboys bump.  This is the first talent based ratings win for the Fan that I’m aware of.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

If 10-3 continues with these mediocre numbers they will be gone by Labor Day. Doesn’t matter if they’re doing good radio or not all that matters for the ad rates they charge is dependent on that book.

This was an interesting post on the Ticket sub. I never listen on the weekends but it is an interesting but unironic note

https://www.reddit.com/r/theticket/comments/1c9nhhw/replacement_for_failing_midday_hosts_is_already/

On 4/20/2024 at 11:35 PM, RPM said:

My point is they had the talent to get back on top. Now they have lost comedy Jesus. If Gordo leaves it's life without God. The Ticket is entering it's Dave Campo era.

Bad decision though, Coach.

Man 10-3 is terrible. They have to change it asap or it’s going to bleed into losses during prime radio hours. I listened to 1-3 a lot to try and see if I could learn to like it but they are terrible. I and a drinking buddy could produce better radio than those guys. 

And I was just going to start listening to the Downbeat instead of the Musers....I'm sure those boys will land on their feet. Maybe try their hand at podcasting like a certain other former Ticket show.