If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

47 minutes ago, Frank The Tank said:

Simple seems to think you ought to be able to teach your kid their address by age 2…after having just told the story about how he didn’t know his own bus stop at 5 in kindergarten. Moron. 

He's not wrong about it. My niece amazed me when she could do it. It's just repetition learning. My sister would randomly quiz her throughout the day. 

Lulz.   Not sure how that interview came to be.    Very random, unless Jackie is coming to Dallas or something.   But that wasn't mentioned.

They mentioned it in WTDS, apparently Dan said he wanted to interview Jackie at some point recently-ish. Mino took note and made it happen.

Mino said he could play the audio as Dan was trying to remember how it was requested. Dan said ehhh I don’t really care.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Speedtrucker said:

They mentioned it in WTDS, apparently Dan said he wanted to interview Jackie at some point recently-ish. Mino took note and made it happen.

Mino said he could play the audio as Dan was trying to remember how it was requested. Dan said ehhh I don’t really care.

may have been a combo of Mino and Blake, because Blake got in touch with Jackie to set it up.  Jackie now wants to come to Dallas for a screening of his documentary and do a Q&A.

41 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Joel Klatt really doesn’t like Corby.

sure as fuck doesn't respect Corby's knowledge of college football.  Klatt definitely talks down to him.

I’m fairly certain Klatt thinks Corby is a fucking nerd and treats him with disdain. 

I’m sure Klatt has the same issues a lot of us have with Cobra when it comes to sports and specifically college football. Doesn’t do his homework and is prone to hyperbole.

Great yuk monkey and story teller. Never remotely good at real sports discussions.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Bob sucks so much now not because Bob really changed, he's the same pedantic but extremely hard working/well researched sports know it all he's always been.  He lost Dan.  

The genius of Dan is that he knows himself and plays his role.  Dan paired with Bob was great because he engaged Bob, whether that was a back and forth conversation, the occasional emotional dig in on a counterpoint to engender a more heated debate, whatever.... you felt like it was two guys in a room talking with each other that you had a window into. Dan knows he isn't Bob, isn't ever going to put in the work on hard core sports Bob does and was fine with carving out his role to be the off centered Jerry Lewis to Bob's straight man Dean Martin.   Corby competes with Bob to be seen as his equal when it comes to sports, but sure as fuck doesn't put in the work to put himself on remotely even footing.  It's not two guys in a room talking that you have a window into, it's two guys taking turns talking at you.  That is until Corby remembers "oh yea I'm supposed to have chemistry with this guy let me ask him some open ended half ass whatta ya think kind of question" which gives Bob the uninterrupted/unchecked floor and brings out the very worst with regard to his sometimes boorish behavior.  

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, futureman said:

what did he do?  

and yes, I could use a tip…

Couldn't quote it but Snake read Sirois an "email sent in by a fan" clowning Mike's race car gaming or some such. Sirois went on an absolute rant busting on Corby and Bob and when he was done they were gone off the air totally silent and the show had to go to break to everyone's (including Sirois) surprise. I had to run back to the office during that break and missed whatever happened after they came back from it.

Edited by Longhornstampede

7 hours ago, Longhornstampede said:

Couldn't quote it but Snake read Sirois an "email sent in by a fan" clowning Mike's race car gaming or some such. Sirois went on an absolute rant busting on Corby and Bob and when he was done they were gone off the air totally silent and the show had to go to break to everyone's (including Sirois) surprise. I had to run back to the office during that break and missed whatever happened after they came back from it.

So everyone laid out on him? Old bit

Said when it happened, separating BaD radio was an awful Idea.  Dan will be good with whoever, and I love Bob and his sports takes, and when Dan could get him going, he could be funny too..

They should have just moved BaD radio to the Afternoon slot and had Jake and Sirois or something in Mid Day.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

What a monumentally irresponsible dipshit.  I never thought he was a genius like Mozart when Mozart sat down to paint but that it just...disappointing to hear he was that much of a fucking dumbass. Sounds like he’ll be OK but who's to say he didn’t get others infected.

Edited by mdleast
  • Like 1

i have this feeling Gordo has a child that just started at UT.  i know he has at least one kid who would have just graduated from high school.  a friend of mine has a daughter who went to Stonewall Jackson in the M Streets with Gordo's kid.  that friend's daughter is starting her freshman year in college.

Gordo mentioned yesterday that he took a roadtrip to Austin this past weekend and was complaining about traffic.  well, this past weekend was move-in weekend at UT.  i only know that because Wilonsky tweeted about dropping his son Harry off at UT to start his freshman year.

would be funny to see Gordo on the 40 Acres during parents weekend or for a football game that he's going to with his kid.

• Like 1