If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

He could have filled Danny's slot, but it would have been a huge pay cut losing his side gig in the afternoon. Man has bills to pay.

Gordon: Keep drinking, we want more out of you!

Edited by RPM

Gordo trying to imply he’s the same generation as Sirois is funny.  Also dancing around all the pay discussion. 

I kind of hoped Gordo would reveal more, but he’s toeing the company line enough to not get let go himself so far.

Gordo trying to imply he’s the same generation as Sirois is funny.  Also dancing around all the pay discussion. 

I kind of hoped Gordo would reveal more, but he’s toeing the company line enough to not get let go himself so far.

Gordo is somewhere within less than 10 years older than Sirois

1 minute ago, mdleast said:

What’s so interesting is Gordo asking these questions to (and clearly making SO much more…exponentially more than) Sirois. It’s kind of a fascinating tight rope he’s walking

Yea but I doubt Sirois has an issue so much with what Gordo makes it's more where all the money goes otherwise when the only product they really have is the talent that is on the air/behind the scenes.  In that way it's like an NFL minimum guy probably being more pissed at the owners than Pat Mahommes. 

Yea but I doubt Sirois has an issue so much with what Gordo makes it's more where all the money goes otherwise when the only product they really have is the talent that is on the air/behind the scenes.  In that way it's like an NFL minimum guy probably being more pissed at the owners than Pat Mahommes. 

Oh I agree. I think what’s really fascinating here is watching Gordo try to maneuver this when he has to be torn between knowing how much he and the other T1 hosts makes vs the HUGE gap between the other Ticket guys like Sirois who he obviously likes and is leaving because of that gap.

Wow Mike is going full on honesty here. You can see how frustrated and pissed he is that he made peanuts and did the heavy lifting with Donovan while Norm makes tons of money to work half the year, work from home constantly, and be shitty at his job. You can see it

27 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Wow Mike is going full on honesty here. You can see how frustrated and pissed he is that he made peanuts and did the heavy lifting with Donovan while Norm makes tons of money to work half the year, work from home constantly, and be shitty at his job. You can see it

A mortgage payment will do that to ya.

I only was able to catch the last like 25 min or so. Anyone who saw it all want to recap? Sirois was blitzed. 

I never could have imagined with as prominent a role as he had on air he made under 40k. That's unfathomable in 2022 especially a guy who had been there 15 years

3 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I only was able to catch the last like 25 min or so. Anyone who saw it all want to recap? Sirois was blitzed. 

I never could have imagined with as prominent a role as he had on air he made under 40k. That's unfathomable in 2022 especially a guy who had been there 15 years

The radio pay structure is set for on air talent, producers, board ops. The Ticket is unique in that the producers take an on air role, sometimes a substantial on air role. But they still make producer pay. Unless you can wrangle enough Trusted Lab live spots to supplement your base hourly pay, you're financially fucked. Chael was petitioning Gordon to fight for Jerr to get a raise.

5 minutes ago, RPM said:

The radio pay structure is set for on air talent, producers, board ops. The Ticket is unique in that the producers take an on air role, sometimes a substantial on air role. But they still make producer pay. Unless you can wrangle enough Trusted Lab live spots to supplement your base hourly pay, you're financially fucked. Chael was petitioning Gordon to fight for Jerr to get a raise.

I’m not a communist but the ticket should definitely not be limited to any kind of traditional structure. I understand that the hosts are the ones who carry the station but sirois and jer and danny and mino (and fernando?) are worth more than $35-40k. ryan medellin and blake and the rest are spare and deserve no special consideration but support staff that have been there over a decade and have legitimate, actual fans should get considerably more. and if cumulus wants to say there’s only x amount of money to go around then maybe the big guys each make $15k less to provide the long time support guys a double up in salary. they are not typically anonymous board-ops and producers, obviously due to the fact that when a guy like sirois quits there is very real and harsh blowback on social media against the station.

so in spirit I stand with sirois.  he was a mess tonight though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Sirius and Danny chose this life. The grim realities of media life were there when they got into it. I worked in radio and newspapers in high school and college, and loved everything about it; it’s addicting. I also was heavily in the music business at the time, another financial disaster to be part of.

Except it’s hard to make a living at it. Always has been. It’s why I decided to do something else. The old fuckers I worked with were living in shitty parts of town, were are multi divorced, and were day drinkers. They made jack shit. The sales guys were driving Cadillacs, but being a newspaperman looked like a grim future.

There’s no need or precedent of T1 talent giving up money to share with those below. They paid their dues. That doesn’t happen in other jobs. Movie stars make big money, ingenues and crew nothing. Dak makes $40m. Others get cut. Same in your job.

It’s show BUSINESS. Better have a side gig. The Ticket is never going to be what it was. My grandfather believed Harold Taft was the only weatherman that could be trusted. It all ends eventually if the business model isn’t sustainable.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Why are yall surprised by this? This topic has been discussed ad nauseam numerous times on this thread. Guys like Mino and 50+ year old Ty Walker make somewhere between 27k and 35K. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Why are yall surprised by this? This topic has been discussed ad nauseam numerous times on this thread. Guys like Mino and 50+ year old Ty Walker make somewhere between 27k and 35K. 

Yeah but that’s why it’s also so infuriating that Gordo claims that he had no idea Jer was underpaid/felt underpaid because Jef never told him straight up what he was getting paid. They make on-air jokes about it almost weekly. 

“Oh Jer…”

That got a little uncomfortable there in the back half. 

I completely get what Mike is saying and I think without saying it he was hurt that no one went to the higher ups and said pay this man more because he is worth more than this to the station. 

But I also get Gordon's point that no one is forced to work there and if they aren't happy monetarily then it is up to them to get what they think is fair or leave. 

Talent is always going to make more than help. I get that,  but that is a huge discrepancy and especially like gordo said,  when producers are allowed the flexibility to essentially become on air talent. 

It would be interesting to see ad revenue between like a jake and a sirois. I'll bet it isn't too far apart. 

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Yeah but Sirois isn't a typical producer like they said. 

I was looking through the reddit thing on this and one thing that got brought up is that Norm is basically a part time host at this point. He misses 1/3 of the year with illness or whatever else and almost all the time he works it's from home. That means over the last few years Sirois has been doing the job of cohost and responsible along with Donnie for making the show entertaining. That's the job of host and not producer. I always assumed he was getting a stipend bump to do that and was making closer to 100k or at least 80k. I don't blame him for being pissed that he's doing way more work than Norm these days and Norm makes all the money from it. 

It also seems like he is surrounded by people that make a lot more money than he does and that's a hard thing to stomach. He seems to spend more than he can budget for and he had to make a choice between continuing the radio show dream by cutting expenses a ton or continuing to live like he does and leave the ticket to pay for it. He chose the latter

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 1

After seeing Sirois getting a bigger bump at least from the online community than Danny or even Rhyner did when he left I wonder...

If he and Cash made 4 to 5 Cirques a month and dropped them at 11 am on Saturdays on a $10 a month Patreon could they get 400 to 500 consistent subs? That sounds help his financial situation a lot. 

Definitely understand where MS was coming  from on the overall point. Not so sure a drunk chael on twitch was the best mind or voice to articulate it, especially with gordo’s natural tendencies toward antagonism yet escapism when real heat turns on as his counterpart. Can’t help but think that burned any bridge or potential for team having fun to return any time. 

oh and thoroughly enjoyed the shit flung at the least entertaining/talented/likeable/interesting asshole on the station… Junior 

Edited by bluto
  • Hook 'Em 2