If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

16 minutes ago, bluto said:

Actually curious to see if it impacts 10-12 ratings. I’ll very rarely if ever tune in now, not “I’ll show them” but just bc I don’t have much any interest in the remainders. 

Norm rakes in the ad dollars.  I don't get it either, but Norm is the ratings driver on the show not Mike.

20 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Norm rakes in the ad dollars.  I don't get it either, but Norm is the ratings driver on the show not Mike.

So strange to me as I’ve never once heard even the biggest of p1 dorks be norm loyalists. 

letting sirois walk with the very obvious moving him into tier 1 with Donnie is so damn stupid. Norm could kill over from 19 different pathogens at any second then you have what… forcing mino into action? Monty? The bench is so weak

Edited by bluto

32 minutes ago, bluto said:

So strange to me as I’ve never once heard even the biggest of p1 dorks be norm loyalists. 

letting sirois walk with the very obvious moving him into tier 1 with Donnie is so damn stupid. Norm could kill over from 19 different pathogens at any second then you have what… forcing mino into action? Monty? The bench is so weak

Maybe I am misremembering but the last I saw of the ratings was Norm killing it even though the consensus here (myself included) is that he's unlistenable.  There is obviously a disconnect somewhere between the actual ratings and avid ticket fans.  Maybe we are just the vocal minority, but otherwise I can't disagree with anything you've said.  Norm hasn't been listenable to me in over a decade.

• Hook 'Em 1

Jason Bateman No GIF by Emmys

Had to turn it off. Can't stand listening to Norm at all anymore after this. 

It's clear the ticket is on it's last legs. Letting home grown talent walk away means they have no concern for the future. The current hosts will continue to decline more and more as they age and mail it in with Dan and Gordo being the only true talents left until eventually it just becomes another regular sports station or changes formats. 

I know I'm pretty much done listening  outside of occasional hang zone, wtds, and gordo app clips

That segment was crazy. Sirois trying his best to make it sound like it's not about beung paid peanuts and that he doesn't harbor resentment when he justifiably does. 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Jason Bateman No GIF by Emmys

Had to turn it off. Can't stand listening to Norm at all anymore after this. 

It's clear the ticket is on it's last legs. Letting home grown talent walk away means they have no concern for the future. The current hosts will continue to decline more and more as they age and mail it in with Dan and Gordo being the only true talents left until eventually it just becomes another regular sports station or changes formats. 

I know I'm pretty much done listening  outside of occasional hang zone, wtds, and gordo app clips

That segment was crazy. Sirois trying his best to make it sound like it's not about beung paid peanuts and that he doesn't harbor resentment when he justifiably does. 

I don't think he tried very hard.  It was pretty transparent imo, but I agree the resentment was justifiable.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

this WAS the right move. Sirois to Danny's spot, plus part time fill in for Boom when Norm is out sick with anything, then jump him into the main seat after Norm dies in office.

Maybe I am misremembering but the last I saw of the ratings was Norm killing it even though the consensus here (myself included) is that he's unlistenable.  There is obviously a disconnect somewhere between the actual ratings and avid ticket fans.  Maybe we are just the vocal minority, but otherwise I can't disagree with anything you've said.  Norm hasn't been listenable to me in over a decade.

You know why Norm is loved by the station? Because he not only drives his book, but his advertisers love him. He learned in his early days of radio that it is a business of selling ad space. He sells hard for his sponsors like no other; always has. It’s why they stay committed to him.

Compare to Corby who couldn’t sell pussy to a troop train. I can’t drink Woodford Reserve now because I just hear his whiny yapping coming from the ice cubes shitting in my whiskey.

The terrestrial radio market has changed and no doubt the Ticket will change greatly in the next few years. It will never be what it was, and it’s stuck in its paradigm, and cannot transition to a new version of the old model because that is unsustainable. Financially I am surprised Cumulus hasn’t already whacked some of the T1 money suckers. They had an opportunity when Rhyner left to overhaul the Hardline. I would have moved BaD to pm drive and kept that team intact, and brought a trio of rookies to make a new afternoon show, sent Corby on his way.

They have to have a backup for Norm if he retires or dies and don’t. Say Norm strokes out this weekend whos with Donnie next week? Jean Jacques Taylor? Cowlishaw? The usual list of retreads?
They have to find cheap talent to develop per the old original model.
  • Hook 'Em 1

It's hard for me to have an opinion as I listen probably about 30% that I did pre-COVID (I only commute 1-2 days per week) but this is a big loss.  I actually liked Danny ok as well until the chemistry was ruined when Bob joined hardline and Danny had a bigger role.  Fuck Cumulus.

this WAS the right move. Sirois to Danny's spot, plus part time fill in for Boom when Norm is out sick with anything, then jump him into the main seat after Norm dies in office.

Yea but would they have paid him to do all that shit. That’s what this comes down to.

“Mike we would like you to produce the Hardline and be the regular fill in host from 10-12 when Norm is out. Oh and remember he’s all monkey hips and knees and cancered up so he is out a lot. What’s that you ask? What do we pay for that??? Oh there won’t be any more money but when Norm dies on the microphone you will receive total consciousness. So you got that going for you…which is nice. “
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

They have to have a backup for Norm if he retires or dies and don’t. Say Norm strokes out this weekend whos with Donnie next week? Jean Jacques Taylor? Cowlishaw? The usual list of retreads?

they are stuck with a guy who literally could drop dead at just about any moment.

Norm is in a different category bc of age and health, he wouldn't leave the ticket in a hole i don't think - but if he drops dead tomorrow...

Edited by NoName

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

Yea but would they have paid him to do all that shit. That’s what this comes down to.

“Mike we would like you to produce the Hardline and be the regular fill in host from 10-12 when Norm is out. Oh and remember he’s all monkey hips and knees and cancered up so he is out a lot. What’s that you ask? What do we pay for that??? Oh there won’t be any more money but when Norm dies on the microphone you will receive total consciousness. So you got that going for you…which is nice. “

Once Sirois went to them their choice financially was keep Norm and lose Sirois or tell Sirois he's getting Norm's spot and a tier 1 pay raise when Norm's current contract expires. 

One choice would mean they're planning for the future and the other that they're squeezing every drop out of this turnip until it's time to burn it down. At least Sirois forcing their hands let's everyone know what rhe future of this thing looks like. 

I hate this because Sirois put in his time. But slop mouth Norm can’t just ride off into the sunset with all his money. He and Marebear can go safari more. But no, he has to keep on it even though he can’t do remotes and can barely talk without drenching a microphone. Good luck, Chael. F you Cumulus

• Hook 'Em 5

Once Sirois went to them their choice financially was keep Norm and lose Sirois or tell Sirois he's getting Norm's spot and a tier 1 pay raise when Norm's current contract expires. 
One choice would mean they're planning for the future and the other that they're squeezing every drop out of this turnip until it's time to burn it down. At least Sirois forcing their hands let's everyone know what rhe future of this thing looks like. 

Your first option is the only decision. I don’t think they have any intention of continuing this format down the road. There is no succession plan or building a bench because their will be no more T1 big salaries as the old guard goes away.
Cumulus knows there are plenty of folks that will do this for way less money, which is how radio has worked forever. For every Rick Dees or Rush Limbaugh there are thousands of interns and low wage on air folks hoping for a break.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Corby didn't realize complaining about having to listen to his wife talk sports is the same feeling we all get hearing him talk sports. 

I would rather Corby’s wife be on HL than Corby.

What will be his next drum to beat now that the Johnny Depp trial is over? I’d rather put a jar of leeches on my balls than hear his screeching about Amber Heard.