If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

Sirois was already pointing out some stuff that made it seem like Cat and/or Bennett just didn't like him for some reason. One being the ticket host bracket challenge they were hyping up then when it was clear Sirois was winning it they just shut it down. 
I like Davey but if they bring him as host instead of Sirois that seals it. 

He also mentioned how the past few years P1s started an online petition to get Sirois to the Campound. It wouldn’t cost the station any money, and yet they never sent him. It seemed to really bother him. He no doubt would have made the garbage they put out during the Campound great.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Is gribble loved universally? Besides his interview bits dude seems like a bag of nothing/annoying. 

I always found him annoying. 

Speaking of annoying Dan's kids are the epitome of Southlake spoiled, snooty, condescending bitchiness. Dan's trolling us by bringing that to the air. Not much gets a quicker dial change than those two

18 hours ago, nolongerU2horn said:

If that’s really what’s happening I would be pissed that Davey got it over Chael. And I can’t imagine Bob would be happy with that.

Who gives a flying fuck about what Bob thinks about this at all. The move could’ve been made after Sirois left. If made before he left, yeah, Sirois should’ve bolted as quickly as he did. 

18 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Sirois was already pointing out some stuff that made it seem like Cat and/or Bennett just didn't like him for some reason. One being the ticket host bracket challenge they were hyping up then when it was clear Sirois was winning it they just shut it down. 

I like Davey but if they bring him as host instead of Sirois that seals it. 

Davey is hysterical. This isn’t his fault. Both Davey and Sirois (and Danny) are fully capable and worthy of being hosts. All moreso than Bob, Junior, Norm and probably Donny. 

15 hours ago, nolongerU2horn said:

This will exacerbate the bad chemistry of The Hardline. I can’t see how Bob is on board with this.

Good and good. Corby is so much more listenable than Bob. Fuck Bob. 

4 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I would love to see Gordo with his own show away from sports to let him talk politics, family, Oswald, etc. I really thought he was going to break out and go national when he had a Saturday night TV show for a while a few years back. He’s got the talent but I just think he got comfortable making a great living doing a radio show. I’d give him Norm’s shift but that’s too much work for anyone.

Move Norm to 12-2. Move Dan and Jake to 2-7 with Sturm and send Corby down the road. Some of you hate Norm; I hate Corby with a passion. Norm is kept because advertisers live him and pay his higher rates. I think Corby is kept because he spends his pre show time knobsucking all the the Cumulus muckmucks.

Why don’t you fucking telling us again. 

1 minute ago, Texzilla58 said:

Why don’t you join Corby on the rocket into the sun, taint.

I’m sorry man. I just don’t understand. Why do you think the station keeps Norm around?

It sucks Mino is leaving Hangzone but good for him if it gets him a little more money. Davey could be really great on the HL. Add to that Super Bowl and Cowboys training camp will be great when Afternoon Jub and Gordo are on with Davey and Corby. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So that means Mino doesn't do drops anymore? That's like taking Motzart's piano away and giving him a paint brush. He was a massive part of the Hang Zone's quality. 

Hardline will be worth listening to now. And most of the suck has been deposited on Norm's show which is great. Just need to sell Bob on switching with Donovan so he can have evenings free to do other sports work/reporting. 

But gotta say what a shitty thing to do to Sirois. No wonder he quit and was so drunk  pissed on twitch that night. After proving himself for a decade they royally screw him  I think I might have burned Cat's house down if I was him. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, bluto said:

Not that I’m a big Danny fan but count him on the HL hose job

Good point. He was doing that job already as well as producing and left because they wouldn't pay him for it. And now they're paying even more to add someone new from the outside just a couple weeks after he left. 

Cold blooded 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Good point. He was doing that job already as well as producing and left because they wouldn't pay him for it. And now they're paying even more to add someone new from the outside just a couple weeks after he left. 

Cold blooded 

His explanation on the Rhyner podcast this week said the pay thing was part of it, but becoming a dad again has really changed his perspective on a lot of things. It’s worth a listen. 

I doubt Davey is getting that much more than Danny or Sirois were. He'll basically play the Gordo role of doing ENews, Community Quick hits and some funny bits each week. Davey can take the job because he wants desperately to be on the Ticket. I guess Cat was able to get the money to fund Davey by eliminating a Ticker position (10-3). 

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

I doubt Davey is getting that much more than Danny or Sirois were. He'll basically play the Gordo role of doing ENews, Community Quick hits and some funny bits each week. Davey can take the job because he wants desperately to be on the Ticket. I guess Cat was able to get the money to fund Davey by eliminating a Ticker position (10-3). 

So the ticker people are working longer for the same money?

3 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Shuffling deck chairs. This hurts HZ, doesn’t help N&D, and keeps HL a mess. Ticket is going to fly apart. A good run.

You’re John in Plano. Obscure products, if you will. 

2 hours ago, Hermanator said:

So that means Mino doesn't do drops anymore? That's like taking Motzart's piano away and giving him a paint brush. He was a massive part of the Hang Zone's quality. 

Hardline will be worth listening to now. And most of the suck has been deposited on Norm's show which is great. Just need to sell Bob on switching with Donovan so he can have evenings free to do other sports work/reporting. 

But gotta say what a shitty thing to do to Sirois. No wonder he quit and was so drunk  pissed on twitch that night. After proving himself for a decade they royally screw him  I think I might have burned Cat's house down if I was him. 

Motzart?  You gonna go with that?

3 hours ago, bluto said:

Not that I’m a big Danny fan but count him on the HL hose job

2 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Cold blooded 

Yep. Any inside knowledge from anyone on what Danny and Sirois knew prior to making their moves?