2018 Beer

HenryJames

15 hours ago, 4UT said:

Solid new release from Zilker...

Scooter Wasteland NEIPA

https://www.instagram.com/zilkerbeer/p/BramTSdlXgW/

If you liked/miss Zilker's third anniversary beer 3rd Space like I do, SW is fairly similar. It has Galaxy and Citra like 3S, but with an addition of Strata and some New Zealand Wakatu. 

Apparently the word is out on how good the TUPPS DDH series beers are. Was running around today and stopped by the Lakewood Whole Foods to pick up some 6. Though I’m pretty sure it just came out just a few days ago, they were already sold out. Luckily Craft Beer Cellar nearby had it in stock. Will have some later as I put out the presents.

TUPPS is an interesting example of how quickly a brewery can revamp their image/appeal. Never thought twice about any of their beers before until the Series 1. Now I pick up each installment and was very impressed with their Day of the Dead and Juice Pack (I’m a big fan of beers that deliver the hop/juice taste but at lower ABV/calories).

• Like 2

On 12/7/2018 at 8:11 AM, Bottlecap said:

A little help with something I'm working on: What have been yalls favorite local (Austin) seasonal beers this year? (caveat: the beer has to have been distro'd/packaged)

A few of mine that I dug/still digging this year:

• Real Ale  Swifty
  • Zilker 3rd Space IPA
  • Live Oak Gold (yall prolly dig Primus more tho, right?)
  • Jester King Montmorency v Balaton BA Cherry Sour
  • Austin Beerworks Super Awesome Helles
  • Hi Sign Violet Blueberry Blonde

What were some of your favorites?

https://www.austinchronicle.com/food/2018-12-28/top-10-local-seasonal-brews/

Not sure about distribution. They just finally got their cans up and running and even that has evolved. When I was there about a month ago (which I believe was within the first few weeks or so of when they had opened) they were just starting to do crowlers and said they’d soon be doing 12oz cans soon as that’s all their canning line could handle. Apparently they since got the attachment that allows them to do 16oz cans. Everything I’ve had from them has been top notch so hope they keep upping their output and distribution ala Turning Point (which I’ve seen on tap at Craft and Growler and Civil Pour).