How Fox News works

retread

On 4/19/2024 at 2:10 AM, elfenix said:

Lauren had noted telecom expert Josh “always smelling a nasty fart” Hawley on to talk about the 911 outage

IMG_1207.thumb.jpeg.78184884c4952996590253e2e0875fee.jpeg

Is this one of those before/after photos? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I'm curious about whether he'd be considered a public person.  He only really gained notoriety because of Trump's and conservative media's fixation on him.  

is this really a question? he's a private citizen whose father happens to be POTUS. he holds no office whatsoever. good, I'm glad he's pushing back. expose the lies and unfuck the truth a little more

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

15 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I'm curious about whether he'd be considered a public person.  He only really gained notoriety because of Trump's and conservative media's fixation on him.  

Seems like he’s have to be.  I don't think the analysis considers whether he wanted to be public person. Just that he was one.  Kid of the President alone would have to be enough. 

2 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Seems like he’s have to be.  I don't think the analysis considers whether he wanted to be public person. Just that he was one.  Kid of the President alone would have to be enough. 

Hunter has a sister whom most people couldn't identify without googling her.  How close of a relationship to the president is necessary to make them a public figure? I didnt know President Biden had a brother until repubs lopped him into their investigations. Hunter could've been just as anonymous as his sister had the conservative echo sphere not set its sites on him.  

33 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Hunter has a sister whom most people couldn't identify without googling her.  How close of a relationship to the president is necessary to make them a public figure? I didnt know President Biden had a brother until repubs lopped him into their investigations. Hunter could've been just as anonymous as his sister had the conservative echo sphere not set its sites on him.  

I think that is still pretty core freedom of press stuff. “President’s Kid Does [salacious thing]” is a headline that can be newsworthy because it’s presidents kid.  You’d get some argument out on the edges — who cares about what third cousin did — but this doesn’t get there.

I also think he’s going to be public figure anyway.  Serving on boards, doing the Amtrak thing, etc. 

It just means he has to show that Fox knew it was lying.  The electronic voting company has already shown how easy that is. 

3 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

How awesome did you think it was when Rush Limbaugh called pre-teen Chelsea Clinton the “White House dog?”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

is this really a question? he's a private citizen whose father happens to be POTUS. he holds no office whatsoever. good, I'm glad he's pushing back. expose the lies and unfuck the truth a little more

I guess I should no longer be surprised at the willful ignorance of Fox or their viewers.  If he committed fraud or a handgun violation, throw the book at him.  If the House wants to subpoena him to speak before them, they do that with non-public officials every single day of the year.  I get it.  

But he's not like Ivanka or Jared.  He was never an actual government employee.  Never held a GS classification.  Had to check in as "Visitor" anytime he wanted to go into the EEOB and go through security (though I'm sure they let him to the front of the line).  Same with White House (minor children who live in the Residence come and go freely only because of their Secret Service detail).  I would think he could probably come and go with regard to the USNO residence when Joe lived there.  But otherwise, he is and was an entirely private citizen.  That is wildly different from Ivanka and Jared who were literally given security clearance access, GS classifications, payroll, formal title, on-site West Wing offices & staff, and some of the highest non-military/DNI/NSA admittance privileges in the White House/Air Force once just shy of Chief of Staff and a handful of others.  That is wildly different than visiting your father for lunch.