How Fox News works

retread

real talk though: there should be a place in our world for "employed but we're assuming this is just play money because it's a bunch of 16 year olds still on their parents' dime." 

not everything has to be a living wage.  maybe some "please violate the ADEA here" rule.  if you're still on the dole, you get $7.25.  If you're an adult and this is the only job around, you get $20.  this will lead to massive age discrimination, but whatevs. a 16 year old making $20 doesn't help.

25 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Why is he so bad at math?

As an engineer, I find lack of basic multiplication and addition skills crazy b/c I know this guy clears over 7 figures a year.

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

real talk though: there should be a place in our world for "employed but we're assuming this is just play money because it's a bunch of 16 year olds still on their parents' dime." 

not everything has to be a living wage.  maybe some "please violate the ADEA here" rule.  if you're still on the dole, you get $7.25.  If you're an adult and this is the only job around, you get $20.  this will lead to massive age discrimination, but whatevs. a 16 year old making $20 doesn't help.

This is stupid.  Don't be so stupid.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

bad take is bad

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, StassneyHorn said:

A 16 year old putting away 20/hr part time during school year and then full time in the summers will have a nice chunk of change in their pocket that I would hope discourages them from wasting it on higher education. 

A counterpoint to this is that all the people who bitch and moan about how they went to school and worked a job, back when school was affordable, could now just nod there heads that it's possible kids might be able to put themselves through school with a part time job. 

Nah, fuck 'dem kids!

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

A counterpoint to this is that all the people who bitch and moan about how they went to school and worked a job, back when school was affordable, could now just nod there heads that it's possible kids might be able to put themselves through school with a part time job. 

Nah, fuck 'dem kids!

That definitely gives them a rebuttal to Jesse’s astonishment. “I’d like to work part time and put myself through community college like past generations” is an agreeable statement without being disagreeable.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

Why is he so bad at math?

As an engineer, I find lack of basic multiplication and addition skills crazy b/c I know this guy clears over 7 figures a year.

He’s not bad at math, he knows the numbers, but he’s throwing shit out there and hoping his cohosts don’t call him out on it and that his audience is too stupid to realize it.  He’s trying to get his audience angry that fast food workers might make a living that doesn’t require three jobs, and it doesn’t help that many fast food workers are minorities.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

He’s not bad at math, he knows the numbers, but he’s throwing shit out there and hoping his cohosts don’t call him out on it and that his audience is too stupid to realize it.  He’s trying to get his audience angry that fast food workers might make a living that doesn’t require three jobs, and it doesn’t help that many fast food workers are minorities.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

spacer.png

Oh man.  Maga MIL this weekend basically did this.  I forget exactly what the topic was, but something about people not being able to afford $250 for something.

"Who on earth doesn't have access to $250!?!?!"

As she sits in her multi-million dollar mansion.  Unreal.

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Oh man.  Maga MIL this weekend basically did this.  I forget exactly what the topic was, but something about people not being able to afford $250 for something.

Brother?

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Pics of MIL?

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

This is what triggered the snowflakes at Fox News (you can still buy the original, but Mattel released what amounts to a party version).

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-68769981

Mattel is to launch a new version of Scrabble which is designed to be more collaborative and accessible for those who find word games intimidating. The new double-sided Scrabble board will still feature the original game for those who want to play the traditional version.

But the new game on the flip side will include helper cards, use a simpler scoring system and be quicker to play.The new board, Scrabble Together, will also allow people to compete in teams.

Here’s the segment, where they get multiple things wrong (games are still scored) because either they are fucking stupid, or they assume their audience is fucking stupid.

And yeah, they make jokes about whether Stevie Wonder knows if he is blonde or not (not blind, blonde).

Also, they are support that Mattel banned racial or LBGTQ slurs from the official tournaments.

They know their audience, that’s for sure.

Edited by atomheartbevo

21 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

And another thing. Why are women getting paid so much? Am I right? Their husbands should be taking care of them, no reason for them to make their own money.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

But the new game on the flip side will include helper cards, use a simpler scoring system and be quicker to play.

It sounds like that change should help the average Fox viewer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, miguelito said:

It sounds like that change should help the average Fox viewer.

Yeah, that’s what I thought once I saw the clip.  Lots of board games come out with ‘junior’ or ‘party’ editions specifically as a kinder version for stupid people; as the original gamemakers were a little too clever.  

shit, if I was a board game maker, I’d just label it “For ages 5+Up and FoxNews Viewers”   Yeah, I’d get some backlash but I’d move a lotta product too.  And bring great joy to a lotta hate-filled hearts.  

Holy shit, Fox absolutely lost their minds over Trump visiting a Chick-fil-A. "Would Hitler visit a Chick-fil-A??".

"Milkshakes!! This is amazing!!" (goes back to making fun of Biden for eating ice cream out with people)

• Rage+1 1

I see why you politely deal with thier shit now.
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

Holy shit, Fox absolutely lost their minds over Trump visiting a Chick-fil-A. "Would Hitler visit a Chick-fil-A??".

"Milkshakes!! This is amazing!!" (goes back to making fun of Biden for eating ice cream out with people)

Wat?  I thought they were all about chick fil a because of the anti-gay shit.  Seems like it should be their favorite place. 

Edited by Biff Tannen
Feels like I have to be missing the joke here

5 hours ago, TexPx said:

Thanks! Know where I’m going tonight.

Wait ‘til you get down with the  libary.  No rules, just right ain’t just for Outback.

Dewey gunna decimate dat ass.

12 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

This is what triggered the snowflakes at Fox News (you can still buy the original, but Mattel released what amounts to a party version).

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-68769981

Here’s the segment, where they get multiple things wrong (games are still scored) because either they are fucking stupid, or they assume their audience is fucking stupid.

And yeah, they make jokes about whether Stevie Wonder knows if he is blonde or not (not blind, blonde).

Also, they are support that Mattel banned racial or LBGTQ slurs from the official tournaments.

They know their audience, that’s for sure.

Do they complain that it violates the first amendment? That would be on brand. 

On 4/12/2024 at 1:07 PM, HenryJames said:

c1ab531d-902c-44fa-bd7b-9da10f817760.png

On 4/12/2024 at 1:13 PM, TexPx said:

Thanks! Know where I’m going tonight.

In The Music Man, there's a reason Professor Harold Hill sang "Madam librarian..."  if you know what I mean.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

It’s bout to be summertime. In Texas. In New Mexico. In Arizona. All undoable with temps, terrain, and length. California may be the only doable/service entrance but that is the longest route.

Any caravan talk will sputter out and by the time the argument can regain momentum, the reaction will be “not this stupid bullshit again”

4 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Any caravan talk will sputter out and by the time the argument can regain momentum, the reaction will be “not this stupid bullshit again”

The reaction by 40% of the country will absolutely NOT be that.  

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1