2019 MLB thread

spystud13

Gingergaard looking pretty damn filthy for the Dodgers.  Looks like he weighs about 150, though.  

I didn’t realize he was pitching until I saw this post
Curious how he looked the first 5 because he did not look good in the 6th I just saw.
Nice job mixing speeds but couldn’t locate worth a shit.
Padres may have adjusted their approach too. 3 singles to start off the inning, all doing a great job serving the ball where May was throwing it

There was no fucking reason for Dave Roberts to send him back out for the 6th.  That was just idiotic.

Major league debut, and you're going to run him up to 100 pitches and third time through the order?  That's some Grady Little level shit.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Like 2

Not sure the last time a pitcher had an assist from left field, but Vince Velasquez just threw a seed to nail Jose Abreu at the plate with what was possibly the winning run in the top of the 14th. That set up a match up of OF Roman Quinn PITCHING to relief pitcher Carson Fulmer with two on, two out. Fulmer ripped one to 3rd but a nice play ends the inning.

Edited by Bartles
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bartles said:

Not sure the last time a pitcher had an assist from left field, but Vince Velasquez just threw a seed to nail Jose Abreu at the plate with what was possibly the winning run in the top of the 14th. That set up a match up of OF Roman Quinn PITCHING to relief pitcher Carson Fulmer with two on, two out. Fulmer ripped one to 3rd but a nice play ends the inning.

Every team has an MLB assigned “natural rival” in the opposite league. Those two teams play two 2-game series every year. The Friday off day thing happens when one of those two series unavoidably falls on a weekend. It also happens in the games played in Mexico, but that’s on purpose as MLB has both teams participate in entertainment events the Friday before the weekend series. 

10 hours ago, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

Every team has an MLB assigned “natural rival” in the opposite league. Those two teams play two 2-game series every year. The Friday off day thing happens when one of those two series unavoidably falls on a weekend. It also happens in the games played in Mexico, but that’s on purpose as MLB has both teams participate in entertainment events the Friday before the weekend series. 

This isn't one of those "natural rival" things.  The Cardinals-A's is not an assigned natural rivalry.  

10 hours ago, Bartles said:

ChiSox win after 1-2-3 bottom of the 15th. Kapler always seems to manage us into shorthanded, walk the tightrope situations. A lot of that was Hector Neris serving his suspension for taunting the best team in the NL, but still bad managing

To be fair, if you're never getting in those situations, you're probably managing too conservatively.  But the optimal amount of risk is somewhere between "never" and "Kapler," so I don't disagree with you.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

The Cardinals should be the Astros natural rival, not the Rockies.

36 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Cardinals' natural rival is KC, which makes more sense than the Astros.

19 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

The Rangers should be the Astros natural rival because they should still be in the NL.

This to both of these. The cards were THE Astros rival when I was younger. Now we have this forced inner division rival that makes it impossible to root for both teams like I did in the 90s and 2000s. There’s the obvious Dallas v Houston rivalry, but I’ve never really been apart of that living in Austin and SA.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

48 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

The Rangers should be the Astros natural rival because they should still be in the NL.

Yes. But calling the Rockies a natural rival is entirely pointless.  The Rockies may very well be the team I am most indifferent to in all of baseball. 

Brewers could have been an interesting rival too since they should be in the AL instead of Houston. They play Minnesota who they don't care about either. 

Rangers should have played the Nats and left the Philly-Baltimore rivalry alone also. 

Man, wtf has happened to Milwaukee? Losers of 4 straight in a division that’s still ripe for the taking, -29 run differential, but still only 2.5 out of the wildcard. They just...aren’t any good. I thought they would challenge LAD in the NL right up there with Chicago, but clearly I was wrong

Man, wtf has happened to Milwaukee? Losers of 4 straight in a division that’s still ripe for the taking, -29 run differential, but still only 2.5 out of the wildcard. They just...aren’t any good. I thought they would challenge LAD in the NL right up there with Chicago, but clearly I was wrong

Everything went right for the Brewers last year and their FO did nothing to address the pitching staff.

Also check out Kato Kaelin’s Twitter anytime the Brewers are losing. Fun stuff.