2019 MLB thread

spystud13

Gio Urshela just had a multi-homer game. I really like this guy and he is providing Gold Glove caliber defense at 3rd every game, but he is not a power hitter. He is a gap to gap guy. It is not fun to see MLB allow teams like the O's, Tigers, Royals and Marlins to just punt multiple seasons like this. There needs to be some kind of competitive clause in the CBA. If you do not meet a certain threshold for wins you get less money from revenue sharing. 

15 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Speculation is he was going after Hyde, his manager. 

Davis is an embarrassment to the game. Just pay him to sit at home and admit you handed out the worst contract in MLB history. Watching him in person again this year was like watching the kid in little league who is throwing grass in the air during a game.

26 minutes ago, Helobious said:

The Yankees have hit 51 homers against the Orioles this year, the most by one team against one opponent in a season in MLB history. 

They’ll still play each other 4 more times this year.

They have hit 11 of them in the last 24 hours or so. I want to have the correct number, but is it 43 homers in Baltimore this year in 10 games?

17 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Speculation is he was going after Hyde, his manager. 

All sorts of great " of course he missed when he took a swing at the manager" and "not like I'd worry about him hitting anyone" jokes in the thread.  

BTW, good thing the Orioles "only" owe him 3 more years at $23 mil.

Edited by J.R. Juniors Junior Jr.

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Think he’s the reason the FA market shifted so much 2 offseasons ago?  Or is that just owner greed?

he's a poster boy for the lag in franchise's understanding the differences between the 'roid era to now.  5 years before his contract, guys his age were earning those kinds of deals and producing commiserate with their pay.  because they were drugged up like quarterhorses.  baseball hadn't fully shifted to the new normal where 28 years old represents a peak instead of a plateau.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Scraps said:

That doesn’t even have the mets’ Darryl strawberry one which is now owned by a private person after an irs auction ( 700k in 1990 from a 1985 contract deferred with final payout in 2033!) and I didn’t know the orioles will be paying Chris Davis for 15 more years instead of 2. That’s hilarious. 

38 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I still don’t understand how the Mets came to offer such a lucrative incentive for Bonilla to defer. 

Even if their madoff “returns” were astronomical, Bobby doesn’t know that. 

Were they so stupid they didn’t know what they were offering?

The Bonilla deal is far from the worst one.  The Bruce Sutter deal is way worse.

24 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Your long national nightmare of being a huge Yankee fan in the Rio Grande Valley night be over soon.  

I live in SA now, commonly called the Manhattan of Bexar County. Yankees are probably a toss up for the 3rd biggest fanbase here after Astros/Rangers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Nope.  He plays for the Yankees.  Fuck him.

I had no idea who he was before he made his first plate appearance. The guy has had to earn everything he has gotten. He is a good guy. To my knowledge he has the only walk-up song that is a Christian one. It sounds goofy, but my girlfriend likes it because she knows it. He's ballin' though so keep it up. 

35 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I had no idea who he was before he made his first plate appearance. The guy has had to earn everything he has gotten. He is a good guy. To my knowledge he has the only walk-up song that is a Christian one. It sounds goofy, but my girlfriend likes it because she knows it. He's ballin' though so keep it up. 

Don’t bother with beau or anyone else on this board when it comes to the Yankees. They are all schleppers blinded by hatred & jealousy, because the teams they like don’t have 27 championships. I learned to deal with it years ago.

Don’t bother with beau or anyone else on this board when it comes to the Yankees. They are all schleppers blinded by hatred & jealousy, because the teams they like don’t have 27 championships. I learned to deal with it years ago.

I think all the schleppers actually hate obnoxious Yankee fans like you much more than they hate the Yankees.

• Like 2