2019 MLB thread

spystud13

Just now, Beau Vine said:

Sometimes you have to put the numbers away and say, "That's Derek Holland."

Even if Holland got him out he would have brought in a new pitcher to face the next hitter as well. I mean the Cubs are up 5-1 in the ninth and rather than letting Strop come in with a clean inning he tries to push a guy into his second inning. Only to bring Strop into a high leverage situation needing multiple outs which he has always sucked at.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Yeah, but you need to be more than a one-trick pony in the show.

He's *great* at both defense and baserunning.  He's just awful at the most important trick.  

There has to be some team smart enough to figure out that he can be more valuable than the 8th reliever in the bullpen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Not in the postseason... no idea his contract situation but some playoff contender will swipe him up if he falls that far in waivers

The Yankees already traded for Terrance Gore to fill this role.  I'm surprised the Royals couldn't find anyone to trade for Hamilton at the deadline.

I don't understand why these guys need to pretend to be baseball players all year.  Why not just show up in October every year?

4 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

Not in the postseason... no idea his contract situation but some playoff contender will swipe him up if he falls that far in waivers

No doubt. His speed is incredible and he can cover center like few guys can with those wheels. It's too bad he never figured out how to consistently hit major league pitching. 

Edited by UpperWestside

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

Yankees formally clinch their 27th straight winning season. The Cardinals have the 2nd longest active streak at 11. 

That streak is pretty cool. You can look across the spectrum of North American pro sports and find major market teams like the Knicks, Lakers, Mets, Jets, Cowboys and Red Sox, among others, who eventually fall flat on their face at some point (Some just continually suck). To keep being competitive every single year is a pretty damned impressive feat. 

Edited by UpperWestside

44 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

we got a crazy one going on in the desert. three bombs and five runs in the bottom of the 8th for Dbacks has them tied 7-7 with SF. Both teams are 61-61.

2-run HR top 10 gives SF the lead, Dbacks answer with 2 HR of their own. Tied 9-9 going into the 11th.

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Super chill Brett Gardner just got tossed again. Plus Boone and sebathia. From the dugout, by the 1b ump. 

Because bitching about a maybin K. 

Then he beats up the dugout roof again. 

Pussy 1b ump had thrown out Gardy for banging on the dugout roof.

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

Gardner, Boone, & CC all just got ejected at the same time for doing nothing. Fucking power-tripping umps.

I like this version of Gardy. MLB umps are terrible at their job. I could do without him beating the shit out of the dugout ceiling for no reason, but he and Boone are showing some fire much more often which is cool. 

Edited by UpperWestside

5 hours ago, Helobious said:

Gardner, Boone, & CC all just got ejected at the same time for doing nothing. Fucking power-tripping umps.

Gardner is a fucking tool who acts like a 4 year old throwing a tantrum.

Don't say he was doing nothing, because he was banging on the dugout roof again.

They need to model citizen his ass...and hope that he grows the fuck up some day.

Yankees think they can whine, bitch, and cry about young umps...hell the one in July that tossed Gardner was older than  Gardy.

Cry-fucking-babies all the way.

Edited by Iceman

3 hours ago, Tommy Nobis said:

As he should. Fuck Gardner. What a fucking pussy for throwing his stupid tantrums in the dugout.

Seems like a real waterhead:

"Kinda crazy to be honest," Gardner said. "Got ejected for hitting the top of the dugout with my bat, making too much noise I guess. I wasn't happy about it, I didn't feel like what I did warranted an ejection."

• Like 1