Texas @ TCU Series

TrashMaster G

3 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

NO relief pitching...NADA, ZERO, ZIP.  Complete inability to send in an arm, or even middle reliever, who could get a few batters out.  Flat out cost us 2 games, after having out-played these goobers.  Pierce has work to do.

The lack of competition in the Big 12 will get everyone’s hopes up.  Then the pen will only let the team down in the postseason.  Book it!

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

these aren't early fucking games, idiot.

Maybe the pitchers aren't doing well because they're young and some of them aren't that talented?

Why is it always the coaching?

Remember when Ehlinger looked like ass as a QB last year and Tim Beck / Herman couldn't develop a QB to save their lives, and now they look like geniuses?

Edited by Machinator

Well, from the department of "no shit sherlock", we need to 4-0 this week.  Doesn't affect conference standings but certainly needed for just SOS and optics of record.  ICW is a decent team and we're on the road very quickly after getting back from this shitshow.  And rest the arms we need to as well.  

I'm reminded of the great Bert Blyleven at the end of his career..."If your goal is 6 quality innings to help your team...you can help your team by heading to the bullpen for the season."  

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Texas won game 2

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Do you work for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram in another dimension?  

That flew right over y'all's heads, but I'll forgive it, seeing as grief is no doubt clouding your reading comprehension.

Edited by Braff Zacklin

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Defense fell apart when the pressure was on, youth.  The real issue I think is pitching, also youth.  Talent seems to be there, but they can't seem to relax and throw strikes.

I think it is the road environment, they had similar issues in Palo Alto.

It's not all on the pitching.  Hibbeler's misplay in the 7th (they didn't give him an error but he should have made the play) led directly to a run when the next batter homered.  Only one run would have scored in the 8th without the two errors. 

Just now, WBT said:

It's not all on the pitching.  Hibbeler's misplay in the 7th (they didn't give him an error but he should have made the play) led directly to a run when the next batter homered.  Only one run would have scored in the 8th without the two errors. 

The pitching put us in position to blow it, then the defense blew it. The team lost their composure today.

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I think it is the road environment, they had similar issues in Palo Alto.

Very well could be.  And, of course, I'm leaving out the transition class/es with probably marginal talent, and I don't think Skip was exactly raking it in, either.

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Maybe the pitchers aren't doing well because they're young and some of them aren't that talented?

Why is it always the coaching?

interesting thing was that Haig didn't hardly go out.  it was pretty much Pierce going out talking or yanking throughout that whole clusterfuck of the last 4 innings.

Pitching is the most important part of baseball, IMO.  I want my team to have an actual paid pitching coach. so yeah its coaching for me. Its been an extremely difficult schedule.  gonna need to kick ass from here on out.

• Like 1

Just now, dcar00 said:

interesting thing was that Haig didn't hardly go out.  it was pretty much Pierce going out talking or yanking throughout that whole clusterfuck of the last 4 innings.

Pitching is the most important part of baseball, IMO.  I want my team to have an actual paid pitching coach. so yeah its coaching for me. Its been an extremely difficult schedule.  gonna need to kick ass from here on out.

I'll forward your concerns on to Chris Del Conte and Pierce, then. Pierce is always deeply involved with the pitching, just like Herman is involved with the QBs.