Week 4 (10/17)  Aggy @ Miss State

Week 5 (10/24)  Bye (Aggy W!)

Week 6 (10/31)  Arky @ Aggy

Week 7 (11/7)    Aggy @ SC     

Week 8 (11/14)  Aggy @ Tenn

Week 9 (11/21)  Ole Miss @ A&M

Week 10 (11/28) LSU @ A&M

Week 11 (12/05) Aggy at Auburn

Not a bad schedule from the Aggie perspective. 

- Get Bama and Miss St early, with their QB situations;  FLA as well

- an easy-ish stretch where they get through a couple of road trips

- 2 of last three at home, incl. Ole Miss (but LSU/Aub are both hopefully losses, so some coaster potential, even if they do well early)

57 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Aggie Schedule

Week 1 (9/26)    Vandy @ Aggy

Week 2 (10/3)    Aggy @ Bama

Week 3 (10/10)  Florida @ Aggy

Week 4 (10/17)  Aggy @ Miss State

Week 5 (10/24)  Bye (Aggy W!)

Week 6 (10/31)  Arky @ Aggy

Week 7 (11/7)    Aggy @ SC     

Week 8 (11/14)  Aggy @ Tenn

Week 9 (11/21)  Ole Miss @ A&M

Week 10 (11/28) LSU @ A&M

Week 11 (12/05) Aggy at Auburn

Ole Miss having a full season and catching LSU and Auburn at the end is a a violent buttfucking with a hacksaw for them. I drew it up better...but not by much. Wow. 

Their season might actually come down to Florida in week 3. Win and they have one. Lose and they don’t. Giving Tenn 7 games could be trouble as well, and I can easily see that being as difficult as MSU moving earlier in the season than we’d prefer. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

15 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

All 3 of Florida's projected starting WR's didn't practice today and rumors all 3 may be opting out.  A starting DE didn't practice either.

It seems like the players who didn’t practice were held out rather than opted out. Supposedly Grimes, Copeland, Toney, and Zachary Carter (3 WR and one DE) were the only four on the team found at bars/big parties. I think Mullen is hoping that’ll spur them to get in line with the rest of the team, and they especially need 2/3 of those receivers to play if they’re going to meet their goals.

2 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

It seems like the players who didn’t practice were held out rather than opted out. Supposedly Grimes, Copeland, Toney, and Zachary Carter (3 WR and one DE) were the only four on the team found at bars/big parties. I think Mullen is hoping that’ll spur them to get in line with the rest of the team, and they especially need 2/3 of those receivers to play if they’re going to meet their goals.

It is on brand that Gundy ejected 2/5 of his OL for breaking the rules and Mullen was like "why dontcha boys take a day off?"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

I’m SHOCKED Dan Mullen has a number of players on his roster that don’t follow any rules, respect authority or their teammates, and generally are all in it for themselves. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It is on brand that Gundy ejected 2/5 of his OL for breaking the rules and Mullen was like "why dontcha boys take a day off?"

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’m SHOCKED Dan Mullen has a number of players on his roster that don’t follow any rules, respect authority or their teammates, and generally are all in it for themselves. 

I think Mullen is smart for doing this if he wants to keep his job in the future. Nobody else in the SEC except for Vandy is going to do anything beyond making players sit briefly if they break rules, but Mullen is definitely still a sneaky guy.

Spoiler

Liucci

6:27p 

Staff

AG

Well, now that we have the two new additions to the 2020 schedule and have seen the new layout, I think it's safe to say that the Southeastern Conference did Jimbo Fisher and Texas A&M zero favors when drawing up the upcoming gauntlet.  

What makes the new slate all the more difficult to swallow is the fact that, after playing perhaps the toughest schedule in program (if not college football) history, the Aggies appeared set to play what would probably rate as the most favorable start-to-finish challenge you'd hope to see as a member of the SEC West. The Ags were likely to be touchdown-plus favorites in their first six contests before traveling to Auburn and, as an experienced team, had a reasonably realistic look at 9-1 or even 10-0 heading into a season-ending back-to-back that saved the best - Bama and LSU - for last.  

Instead, the addition of Tennessee and a top-10 Florida squad mean that four of A&M's ten games will be played against teams ranked 11th or higher in the initial poll. And, as if that wasn't bad enough, the Aggies got hit with about as daunting a layout for said ten games as possible.

Vandy to open things up was probably the ideal draw. Not as much unpredictability as Arkansas with a new head coach and grad transfer QB but still one of the least talented rosters in the conference. After that, things are brutal for the Maroon & White, as the Aggies travel to Alabama and then play host to Florida. On paper, that's two of what most believe are the best three teams in the conference on back-to-back Saturdays early in the season. Who knows, maybe the Ags draw Bama before five-star QB signee Chase Young takes over as Nick Saban's starter? The Florida game sure looks and feels like a coin flip and, because of that and how the schedule lays out, I'm calling it one of the two biggest 'swing' games on the A&M schedule.

Mississippi State in Starkville rounds out an incredibly challenging three-game stretch but it also marks the start of a five-game stretch in which the Aggies should be at least slightly better than the opposition. MSU, Arkansas at home, at South Carolina, at Tennessee and Ole Miss at Kyle Field are all tough in their own way but also all winnable. Heck, the Ags went 4-0 against the group (sans UT) last fall and weren't a great team by any stretch. Three of those four are playing in year one under new coaches, one enters the season very much on the hotseat and, frankly, A&M should be slightly ahead of Tennessee in terms of program development in Year Three under Fisher versus Year Two under Pruitt. Again, this is a pretty damn challenging stretch but if you break things down, game-by-game, the Aggie team we THINK we'll see this year would stand a good chance of navigating five games in six weeks.

And then there's the finish. LSU at Kyle Field Thanksgiving weekend and at Auburn to close things out. I'd heard the league was going to try and preserve their 'rivalry' games and that's exactly what A&M-LSU will become if the Ags can knock off the defending national champs and Ed O for the second time in three seasons. And then the trip to Jordan-Hare for what I consider the other 'swing' game on the Aggie schedule. That's always been the case when the Gig'em and War Eagle collide, but perhaps this year more than ever. And if you've followed me over the past week on here or on radio, you know that I was of the opinion that drawing LSU and/or Auburn early would have been ideal considering the heavy losses suffered by each of the West powers...so it stands to reason that Fisher and the Aggies would draw them at season's end.

If I'm Jimbo Fisher, I'm not thrilled today. But I'm also as motivated as ever to push the right buttons and breakthrough in Year Three. No matter how tough a hand the Aggies were dealt, if they end up being one of the league's three or four best teams as some SEC and national types are predicting (and who knows, maybe they'll be better than that in this most unprecedented of seasons), the cream will still rise to the top and A&M will score some monster wins along the way.

To be perfectly honest, flip flop the LSU/Auburn and Bama/Florida double dips and I actually think the layout would have been ideal. This is what a ten-game SEC schedule looks like. The Aggies were dealt a brutally tough hand but if the Ags somehow enter the final two weekends as a true contender (maybe a split with Bama and Florida and winning the games you're favored in), oh boy would that be one hell of a close out.

7 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

SIAP but Kary Vincent JR opted out for LSU. 

I'm not making any predictions on aggys schedule until I see how this shit plays out. Schools like LSU and Florida could be taking huge hits to their rosters. 

Roster depth is more important than usual this season, if it happens 

I think Texas is in a good spot in that regard, although it would be nice to avoid more injuries and opt outs over the next month 

6 minutes ago, ChemicalHorn said:

Wasn’t one of his selling points “prototypical size”? Dude looks like he hasn't lifted a weight in a couple of years.

I seem to recall him actually being measured at like 6'0.5" somewhere despite claims of 6'4 elsewhere. But I'm not finding shit to support myself. Maybe I made it up.

But yeah, he looks like Josh Moore. Not AJ Green.

30 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Aggy has hit the practice field and we have very limited video. Some hilarity, as usual. 

http://www.cbssports.com/general/video/b7e9ea8b-4baa-45cb-9bff-7645348e5a19

Demas is fucking tiny. Holy shit. 

Measured 6'2" 182 at the Opening last year.  aggy lists him as 6'3" 180 pounds.  He's actually lost weight in the last year.

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Measured 6'2" 182 at the Opening last year.  aggy lists him as 6'3" 180 pounds.  He's actually lost weight in the last year.

Well he didn't play, and he clearly didn't hit the weights on his own. You'd think his adopted family would have fed him better. That guy look like he's 170 lbs. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Yeah, but he probably has tremendous footwork at drills that don't translate to football 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Wait, I thought you were as high as anyone on Demas's athletic ability and being a football player?

He's an awesome talent, and I'm bullish on him long term. In the short term I'm not, because he's raw as a WR, and the more polished WRs typically make more of an impact for Jimbo. 

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

He's an awesome talent, and I'm bullish on him long term. In the short term I'm not, because he's raw as a WR, and the more polished WRs typically make more of an impact for Jimbo. 

Has Jimbo ever had a WR make an impact?