Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

11 hours ago, texifornia said:

Leon bullying -checks roster*- sophomore WR Kam Brown. The dude has two whole career catches, both against CenTex powerhouse UTSA, so Leon's really waking the world up here.

*James Foster is now noted at the bottom as opting out for the season

Lolll he also has like 20lbs on him

22 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Aggy on Albert Regis

image.thumb.png.13cb8bdb8cc7b426b748bf8f9c016def.png

image.thumb.png.b6075d1b17dcc37df88965b350eb2ec3.png

image.png.fd84ce9d6d9f89d62ea19b14f226972b.png

I think I've seen this movie before

They're going to miss Malone and Turner to tOSU and Texas/Bama, ignore their backup plans too long and miss them, but maybe get Adeleye and Robbins because their commitable offer lists will have severely dwindled.

Edited by texifornia

44 minutes ago, texifornia said:

They're going to miss Malone and Turner to tOSU and Texas/Bama, ignore their backup plans too long and miss them, but maybe get Adeleye and Robbins because their commitable offer lists will have severely dwindled.

Ohio St is becoming less confident in getting Malone. It seems like he wants to go south, and his top 4 in the south are A&M, Ole Miss, FSU, and Tennessee. Their fans really think the B1G canceling hurt them, but I’d guess they’re still in his top 2/3. 

48 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Perroni mentions that Regis was 240 lbs last summer.  He's now listed at 290 - 300.  As a ~ 6-1 guy, he's put on 50 - 60 lbs (20 - 25% of body weight) within one year?  And apparently retained his athleticism?  Wow ... 

Gerry Hamilton went out to see him and put him at 6-2, 6-3 range

22 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Ohio St is becoming less confident in getting Malone. It seems like he wants to go south, and his top 4 in the south are A&M, Ole Miss, FSU, and Tennessee. Their fans really think the B1G canceling hurt them, but I’d guess they’re still in his top 2/3. 

Well shit. Though if he goes to Ole Miss I'm a happy camper all around.

27 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Gerry Hamilton went out to see him and put him at 6-2, 6-3 range

He’s probably a top fifteen in the state type. Stud. Hoping to finish the class off with both he and Turner, and one more edge player 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, George Clooney said:

lol fosu

image.png.634c15656f7de522836550334467cc95.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Assuming he makes it to college. He’ll be drafted to play baseball next year, will be curious to see how high.

18 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

They had a zoom call with him that lasted nearly as long as Lonesome Dove...maybe one more of those 7 hour sessions will seal it for them

My understanding is that Coach Drybrisket is actually putting together an hours-long montage of just the silent bits where the characters are staring at each other in Sergio Leone movies.  The plan is to do an extended Mystery Science Theater 3000 thing via Zoom, complete with adding silhouettes and shit in post.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

They had a zoom call with him that lasted nearly as long as Lonesome Dove...maybe one more of those 7 hour sessions will seal it for them

Psh, everyone knows that the book's better anyway. Maybe they'll send him a 700-page exploration on hanging on to declining masculinity, the last vestiges of the Old West, and losing to Big XII teams in mid-tier bowl games.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Who is "Texas"? (I guess the 247 posters). We know this isn't an ideal class so far. But hooo boy neither is it aggy's.

EgEF5vQX0AIE9a2?format=jpg&name=360x360

Yeah the class hasn't gone how we've wanted in certain areas, but one thing that the Texas staff has proven that Jimbo never has is evaluations on some lower rated guys.  Herman gets Cosmi, Kerstetter types while Jimbo and company roll in the Jefferson's, Trainer's, Vaka's of the world.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Psh, everyone knows that the book's better anyway. Maybe they'll send him a 700-page exploration on hanging on to declining masculinity, the last vestiges of the Old West, and losing to Big XII teams in mid-tier bowl games.

960-ish pages iirc. Used to be standard reading offshore.  

If Johnny could see things happen in advance it's even more baffling if he saw himself turning into a drug and alcohol abuser who assaults women and didn't do anything about it while he could. He knew he could count on aggy to forget all about that though.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Perroni on LJ

Top-50 RB LJ Johnson in more frequent contact with Texas A&M now

Houston Cy-Fair running back LJ Johnson is one of the top uncommitted prospects in the country. The 5-foot-10, 205-pounder is ranked as the No. 42 overall player in thec country per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

Johnson's offer list matches his ranking but he is down to a group of six schools. Over the summer, he said a couple of them such as LSU and Texas were speaking to him a bit more often than the others, but now his time is more evenly divided.

"I'm honestly talking to them all sort of the same right now," Johnson said on Sunday evening. "I talk to all of them a lot - A&M, Texas, LSU, Georgia, Auburn, Oklahoma. I was talking to a few of them a bit more for a while but things have sort of evened out with all of them."

With Texas A&M, Johnson built a rapport with running backs coach Tommie Robinson when Robinson was ay LSU and their communication has picked up as of late.

"I've been talking to them a lot more," Johnson said of the Aggies. "I actually just got off the phone with coach Jimbo and coach Robinson about 10 minutes ago. We were talking about all kinds of stuff, but they were basically just telling me that they really wanted me on campus and as part of their offense.

"They said that fall camp is going well and that the offense looks good. But they like my abilities and what I could bring to the offense as well. I think I could complement Isaiah (Spiller) and Ainias (Smith) well."

Texas has picked up some Crystal Ball predictions for Johnson as of late but the Longhorns lost one person that had been recruiting him when quarterback Jalen Milroe flipped his pledge to Alabama this past week.

"Jalen had been talking to me a lot about Texas, for sure," Johnson said. "He had been really wanting me to go there with him. Him not going there anymore, that doesn't really affect me one way or another. It would have been nice with him there, if I ended up there too. But I can't make my decision off of anyone else."

Johnson has actually not really been in communication with any other players as of late, though.

"I haven't talked to any recruits lately, to be honest," he said. "I've sort of just been prepping for my season - getting stronger and faster. I haven't talked to any players either, since they're in the middle of their camps.

"We have a new coach and we were looking like we were going to get a brand new offense in the spring. But, since that was canceled, it will probably look a bit similar to last year. But, we have a lot of weapons on both offense and defense. We want to go out with a bang, with another playoff berth and a deep run in the playoffs. We obviously have the ultimate goal of a state championship, so that's been our focus."

Johnson has never put a timeline on a decision and he is still not ready to do so.

"I honestly don't know when I'm going to do it," he said of a commitment. "I've said I wanted to take my visits, but I don't know if we'll be able to do those at all. But I really would like to do those. But, without that, I'll just have to decide once I know for sure.

"I don't think it will be anytime real soon or anything. It's a really tough decision as all six of the schools I'm really focused on have a lot going for them. It's going to be hard but I'm going to have to make the decision at some point. I'm hoping that there's a time I'll just know, just know where I'm supposed to go. Until then, I'm talking to everybody and countinuing to build those relationships