Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:

Honestly, counting on road games to "not be like normal road games" but ignoring the fact that the same conditions will likewise diminish home field advantage is some grade A aggy shit, man.  Thank you for your service.

That's because you don't understand that 20k old army aggys are equivalent to 120k of any other fan base.  Its fucking math.

• Hook 'Em 1

Tarp with the update on the DBs and how they are progressing as a unit :: 

- The two corners that have caught everyone's attention so far are senior Myles Jones and freshman Jaylon Jones. That's an unusual combination given the fact that the Aggies have a couple of four-star junior college prospects, one of which has starting experience, in Elijah Blades and Brian George.

- However, Myles Jones came to camp in the best shape of his career with perhaps the lowest body fat component on the team. Head coach Jimbo Fisher has talked about how this is a faster team, not just because of the influx of speed among the Aggies' more recent recruiting classes, but also because the veterans are leaner and feeling the push from the younger players. Jones is one of those players. He's faster than ever - something that's always reportedly been lacking with him -and more athletic which enables him to track people more efficiently and be in position to deter throws or make plays.

So far, he's been the best corner in fall camp which may surprise people but it's not hype...he's been that good.

- Jaylon Jones can turn better than people anticipated which plays a role in his ability to run with wideouts on longer routes and respond to breaks on shorter throws. He's got some length to him which has translated into an ability to break up throws when the ball gets there. In addition, unlike a lot of freshmen, his size means that he's physically able to redirect people moreso than most younger players. Finally, his size should translate into him being a durable player.

- Of all of the freshmen in the 2020 recruiting class, Jones the younger is probably closer to being in a starting role than anyone else in the class.

- Fisher said the other day that they were cross training the corners and nickels at all of those spots. That's not unusual early in camp as the Aggies are also doing that at wideout between the outside receivers and slots. Nonetheless, the starting nickel looks to be redshirt junior Devin Morris who had some outstandng moments last season. He's got great vision which enables him to break on the ball, he understands how to read routes and get a jump on throws, and he impacts the ball or the receiver when he intersects either. Not only that, since he's been in the program for a while, he's gotten much bigger than when came to A&M which makes him more of a factor as a tackler.

- Fisher mentioned in one presser that Clifford Chattman's length was a factor in terms of him getting his hands on people and redirecting them or knocking them off stride. Chattman has always had that ability in practice and it will be interesting to see if it translates into games via people in open space when he has to change direction.

- Demani Richardson is a fixture at one safety and for right now it looks like Leon O'Neal has emerged as the day one favorite to start opposite Richardson. O'Neal has been better in terms of making veteran type plays...reading quarterbacks and routes and tracking the ball in the air, things his younger self didn't always do.

- Freshman Antonio Johnson plays like someone who's much older. Everyone really likes his length and vision. He's not only gotten bigger since he arrived on campus but he doesn't play like a frosh with regard to making knowledge plays...the ability to see something and understand it right away that typically comes with experience or smarts

57 minutes ago, jordanaggie said:

Hard to say on this year's W/L.  Mond sucks on the road-- even more than at home--but this year's road games shouldn't be like normal road games.  I am not so sure on the offense, in light of that and the the OL (although being able to field a more respectable TE group may help to some degree).  I'm pretty optimistic about our defense, though.  Should at least be able to keep us in these toss-up games until the end.

I'll be disappointed with anything less than 8-2.  We didn't really lose all that much from last year and most of our opponents did.  Alabama, Auburn, LSU and Florida will be tough games, though. To me, it all hinges on Mond's play, which is a scary thought.

I wouldn't feel good about a defense that was built to defend the SEC from 10 years ago. Most teams run some version of the spread now in the SEC, with aggy being the lone exception in the SEC West, and you don't recruit on the same level as Georgia on either side of the ball.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, golfclap said:

However, Myles Jones came to camp in the best shape of his career

"came to camp in the best shape of his career" is a running joke in baseball media because of how often you see it written about a 30-something veteran in spring training, but this is the first time I've ever seen it in reference to a kid who graduated high school in 2017.

• Hook 'Em 3

52 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Honestly, counting on road games to "not be like normal road games" but ignoring the fact that the same conditions will likewise diminish home field advantage is some grade A aggy shit, man.  Thank you for your service.

As far as the road games, I meant that in the context of Mond's abilities.  He's been awful on the road, and maybe no people will help.  He's been mildly better at home.  Of course, other teams will likely play better at Kyle.    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

I wouldn't feel good about a defense that was built to defend the SEC from 10 years ago. Most teams run some version of the spread now in the SEC, with aggy being the lone exception in the SEC West, and you don't recruit on the same level as Georgia on either side of the ball.

You're right, we aren't recruiting at Georgia's level.  I'd like to think a good season or two, if we could string something together, would help that.  I'm not sure how our archaic offense has much to do with the defense, but I'm less concerned about the defensive side of the ball than I've been in years.

9 minutes ago, golfclap said:

for right now it looks like Leon O'Neal has emerged as the day one favorite to start opposite Richardson. O'Neal has been better in terms of making veteran type plays...reading quarterbacks and routes and tracking the ball in the air, things his younger self didn't always do.

41 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

Jimbo's outdated offense itself is a liability. QBs have to be savants and mistake free to run that offense.

I think COVID plays directly into Jimbo's hands. A LOT of teams are going to struggle with depth in this weird ass season. I think Jimbo's slow pace is going to be complimented by several coaches on the other sidelines who will be doing the same and by doing so play directly into Fisher's hands. Slowing the pace way down, because they are nervous about depth at position group X. I expect Mullens to go Full Wizard and run lots of power and keep the clock rolling all season long. I expect LSU to be much slower, if for no other reason than losing Brady and Burrow will slow them down and with only 70-something scholarship players and several opt-outs they are already dealing with depth issues.  Alabama will slow the pace down because Saban will want to get a lead and get out without getting into his depth, and because I don't think Golden is the answer (ctj and I certainly differ in what we hear on him). South Carolina is fucking terrible, like truly awful and will also slow the pace WAY down all year. Tennessee will likely play slowed down as well, the defense has some pieces and they can try to play to a 1 possession game, just like Jimbo. I know that Arky, Ole Miss, and Moo State will want to play faster but they just don't have the horses for the schemes and I've watched The Pirate get far less aggressive over the past couple of seasons. Lane might fear depth issues as well, though if you wanted to see a game aggy should win that could be trouble - Ole Miss has Vandy, a bye week, and SCar before aggy. Lane will most assuredly throw the kitchen sink at aggy during that 4 week span. 

I think too many of these teams will allow aggy's normal pace to be the norm and I think there's a lot of experience on the aggy roster. 

the schools on the bottom of this list are on aggy's schedule and the lack of inherent trust to coaches that are already dealing with the stresses of COVID and opt-outs will lead to a more conservative approach across the board. I think the Ags win a couple that they wouldn't have this season under normal circumstances. If they can't go 8-2 here then 2021 going forward is going to be fucking brutal. 

Screen-Shot-2020-08-26-at-11-10-18-AM.pn

13 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

"came to camp in the best shape of his career" is a running joke in baseball media because of how often you see it written about a 30-something veteran in spring training, but this is the first time I've ever seen it in reference to a kid who graduated high school in 2017.

I think it's interesting because he may have lost some body fat but he still looks very much the same to me. Too Tall. Very Thin. Stiff. I just can't see a CB in him.

EgIORK9WsAMq0hm?format=jpg&name=largeEgIORLkXoAE0qUK?format=jpg&name=large

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I think COVID plays directly into Jimbo's hands. A LOT of teams are going to struggle with depth in this weird ass season. I think Jimbo's slow pace is going to be complimented by several coaches on the other sidelines who will be doing the same and by doing so play directly into Fisher's hands. Slowing the pace way down, because they are nervous about depth at position group X. I expect Mullens to go Full Wizard and run lots of power and keep the clock rolling all season long. I expect LSU to be much slower, if for no other reason than losing Brady and Burrow will slow them down and with only 70-something scholarship players and several opt-outs they are already dealing with depth issues.  Alabama will slow the pace down because Saban will want to get a lead and get out without getting into his depth, and because I don't think Golden is the answer (ctj and I certainly differ in what we hear on him). South Carolina is fucking terrible, like truly awful and will also slow the pace WAY down all year. Tennessee will likely play slowed down as well, the defense has some pieces and they can try to play to a 1 possession game, just like Jimbo. I know that Arky, Ole Miss, and Moo State will want to play faster but they just don't have the horses for the schemes and I've watched The Pirate get far less aggressive over the past couple of seasons. Lane might fear depth issues as well, though if you wanted to see a game aggy should win that could be trouble - Ole Miss has Vandy, a bye week, and SCar before aggy. Lane will most assuredly throw the kitchen sink at aggy during that 4 week span. 

I think too many of these teams will allow aggy's normal pace to be the norm and I think there's a lot of experience on the aggy roster. 

the schools on the bottom of this list are on aggy's schedule and the lack of inherent trust to coaches that are already dealing with the stresses of COVID and opt-outs will lead to a more conservative approach across the board. I think the Ags win a couple that they wouldn't have this season under normal circumstances. If they can't go 8-2 here then 2021 going forward is going to be fucking brutal. 

Even if this is all true, a slowed down game ups potential uncertainty in outcomes more than it necessarily "favors" aggy.  I.e., if aggy plays five other opponents that also slow the pace way down and try to make it a 10-7 or 17-14 type game, that creates a huge degree of risk for aggy.  Maybe they go 5-0 in that stretch.  Maybe they go 0-5.  But if your hypothesis is true, it would make it more likely that they win in games they shouldn't, it also makes it more likely that they lose games they otherwise shouldn't lose.

24 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

You beat me to it.  This guy just got Omar Khayyamed to suffer an injury first series of the season.

22 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

My hygiene has admittedly suffered mightily working from home during the pandemic, but at least I don't have plants growing out of my head.

I'm Plant Head Man. I look funny 'cause I got a plant growing outta my head. So gimme some candy!

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Fud said:

I've never heard about a cornerback becoming faster over the offseason due to body fat loss 

To be fair, aggy CBs getting faster is a very low bar.  That's like saying Ketch came out of this summer less obese than he's ever been. 

2984228.jpg

Edited by Burt Macklin

1 hour ago, EZ$ said:

So I guess Mond is still playing despite Sully standing proud?  
Jimbo sure has them boys in line.  What a polar opposite to what happened in Austin.  

Yeah, once things go downhill for aggy this season and they start blaming their "uppity" QB, the quit on that team will steamroll.  I'm sure Mond is SUPER proud to wear A&M on his chest at this point.

IT: Recruiting Q&A w/Brauni

TexAgs’ Ryan Brauninger joins to catch us up on the state of Texas A&M recruiting.

Jimbo Fisher has a very active recruiting staff and an expanding footprint. It’s hard for an outsider to keep up so I solicited some help.

Inside Texas: Give us a general overview of the current Aggie class.

Ryan Brauninger: I think A&M has done another solid job of attacking deficiencies in their roster as well as understanding what type of player fits schematically for what Fisher and Elko want to do. They’ve targeted a few out of state kids that were lightly recruited because of that aforementioned fit. Like everybody in the country this cycle, trusting your evaluations for this class is paramount. The lack of film and the elimination of the camp circuit has made those film sessions much more important. Overall though, I like the shape of A&M’s current group. How they close will sort of determine what the national narrative looks like at the end of calendar.

IT: In your estimation, who are the best recruiters on the staff? I always hear about Terry Price. I think Josh Henson is good and is finding you guys true tackles. I felt he should have been a candidate at Texas at one point.

RB: We (TexAgs staff) talk about this quite a bit, actually. Price is obviously the seasoned veteran, and I think ya’ll are undoubtedly the most familiar with him because he’s been butting heads with the Longhorns for almost ten years now as a coach at A&M. Henson got a bad rap early on from the A&M fanbase, but when you look at who he’s gotten committed since arriving, it’s hard to argue against his early track record. However, to me, the biggest recruiting stud they’ve got on staff right now is Elijah Robinson. He’s a rising star in the coaching industry and has played a key role in A&M landing a lot of their top defensive targets in the last two classes.

IT: Yeah, Henson started off in an unfavorable position with much of the 2020 OL class already committed. Getting Fatheree and Zuhn is a big win. Y’all needed tackles. I should have mentioned Elijah Robinson. I know schools from all over were after him. That brings us to a couple of big time battles down the stretch: Shemar Turner and Albert Regis. How do you handicap those?

RB: Well, I’ll start with Regis because he’s a Houston area guy, and that’s the area I cover. I’d give Texas the edge there. A&M has two inside guys currently committed, and they’re still really in the thick of it with Tywone Malone out of New Jersey. That being said, I think Texas jumped to the front early for Regis. Word I got was that he grew up a Longhorn fan, and to a certain extent, that kind of stuff is tough to overcome. We just put him into our top 40 in the state after being unranked. He’s a guy that’s at the top of my list to go see this fall. We’ve heard so much about his physical development that I want to get eyes on him just to see what the progression looks like. If I’m making a call on him now, I’d pick Texas.

As for Turner, I think it’s anybody’s race. A&M has been a pretty consistent school in terms of what he tells people publicly, but it’s way too early to feel good about that no matter what color you wear on Saturdays. My gut says he picks an SEC school, though.

IT: It’s a bit of a running joke with Texas fans how Jimbo is recruiting the original 13 colonies but instate recruiting is so competitive, you have to find secondary recruiting grounds. Are the ties to the northeast from Robinson?

RB: Jimbo’s footprint has definitely made things tougher to cover on our end, but yes, the northeast ties come from Robinson and Mike Elko. Elko is a Penn grad who continues to be highly thought of in the region.

IT: Who are some of the players in the Aggie class who should have a higher profile? There are always sleepers.

RB: I love Tyreek Chappell out of Philadelphia. I think his tape is electric, and I believe he’s vastly undervalued by the national services. I’m also a fan of Kaci Seegars at linebacker. Offer list isn’t real lengthy, but Tyler Santucci (1st year LB coach) came over from Wake Forest and has seen the kid more than anyone. A&M was likely only going to take one backer in this class so it tells you what the staff thought of Seegars. At the top, I still think Eli Stowers is an elite quarterback. I’m hoping he’s 100% like his old self this fall because I’m excited to see what he can do with Coach Webb dialing up the offense at Denton Guyer, now.

IT: Chappell is the guy I would have said, too. The season always factors into recruiting, and potentially even more so this cycle. A&M starts with a difficult schedule and finishes with a difficult schedule. That provides opportunity to create momentum but there’s also potential downside too. What are your thoughts on how the schedule could affect A&M’s class?

RB: You know, I haven’t even given that much thought, yet. I’m always of the opinion that wins and losses matter much more to fans than they do to recruits. It was a bit of tough luck though when the reworked schedule came out. Adding Florida and Tennessee to the lineup turned a manageable schedule into one you’ve got to sweat each week. That game at Kyle against the Gators and then on the road to end the year at Auburn could be pivotal in terms of outlook and momentum.

IT: That’s a great point about Webb at Guyer. He likes to fling it around. Walsh was a great coach but how much was he developing his QB’s? Stowers has tons of upside. Another injury situation is with Marcus Burris. I think he can be Kingsley Keke and potentially more.

RB: I like the Keke comparison. The last time I saw Burris, I actually compared him a bit to Vernon Broughton - similar body styles that will allow you versatility. Explosive kids that run to the football. Broughton was a huge get for Texas last cycle, and a kid that A&M coveted. I think it was important for the Aggie coaching staff to go out and get a similar player in 2021.

IT: Who are the biggest remaining targets for the Ags and how big do you expect the class to be?

RB: A&M probably has 8 or so spots to play with. At the top of the wishlist are guys like Bryce Foster, LJ Johnson, Shemar Turner, Tywone Malone, Brian Thomas, and MJ Daniels. They’re still actively recruiting Landon Jackson, but it’ll be a tough flip from the national champions. Then, names like Ahmonte Watkins, Yulkieth Brown, Amari Daniels, Albert Regis, Jadarrius Perkins, Terrion Arnold, and Jardin Gilbert continue to have some sort of A&M buzz surrounding them.

IT: I like Watkins; actually think he can play corner. 2022 recruiting is starting to heat up. Are there any recruits who you feel A&M has a great early start with?

RB: That 2022 in state class is loaded...like the best I’ve ever covered loaded. It feels like there are going to be more head to heads between the Ags and Horns next cycle than there were in this one. Early on, I like where A&M sits with the Katy duo of Bobby Taylor and Malick Sylla. I also feel like they’ve positioned themselves well for Martrell Harris, Kam Dewberry, Kelvin Banks, Donovan Green, and PJ Williams. It’s early though. Predicting exactly where all those kids fall is a fool’s errand.

IT: That’s what we’re here for! I liked Taylor in that footage you took from FWK’s. Those are going to be some good head to head battles. Sylla is awesome. He’s like the defensive end version of Joseph Ossai. This offseason found some commonality between two fan bases just wanting to play football. I know a lot of UT fans were happy to see the SEC stick to its guns to play. The circumstances made for strange bedfellows. I look forward to seeing you on the trail this year.

RB: Absolutely, thanks for having me. I enjoyed it. I think once one conference decided to play, the other one was going to follow suit. Football is such an integral part of the culture of Texans. It’s woven into our DNA. I couldn’t imagine a scenario where football was being played in Austin and not in College Station, or vice versa. We’ll see on you the road, Eric.

I seem to recall Perroni saying Broughton had to camp at aggy a month before he committed to have a commitable offer from the staff lulz.

RB: I like the Keke comparison. The last time I saw Burris, I actually compared him a bit to Vernon Broughton - similar body styles that will allow you versatility. Explosive kids that run to the football. Broughton was a huge get for Texas last cycle, and a kid that A&M coveted. I think it was important for the Aggie coaching staff to go out and get a similar player in 2021.

20 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Saw something on the aggy board about Tywone Malone setting a commit date (was VIP) and he just got a tOSU pick on Rivals (he's 100% predicted to them).

Which Aggy board - 247?  Thought I saw something on there a few days ago, couldn't find it on the first couple of pages now.  

Here's something I spotted - 

image.thumb.png.d1b4192cc2ef4a7f62a3519f4e06a620.png

Edit:  Okay, this is from the 21st.

Aggie 247 / Brian Dohn / Top 100 DT Tywone Malone has decision date, talks top suitors

Spoiler

Top 100 DT Tywone Malone has decision date, talks top suitors
VIP ByBRIAN DOHN Aug 21, 1:05 PM

Back from the area code games on the baseball side and after sitting out workouts while quarantining upon returning to New Jersey in early August, four-star defensive tackle Tywone Malone is now gearing up for his senior season of football while still sorting through his recruitment.

And while his net remains wide when it comes to schools – he listed eight he speaks with regularly – he knows when he plans to make a decision.

“For me right now, it’s just a waiting process,” he said. “I am going to wait until the (Under Armour) All-American game to make a final decision. That is what I am planning on. At least if they have the game, that is what I am going to aim for.”

The game is set for Jan. 7 in Orlando, Fla., and the contenders to land him stretch coast-to-coast.

“For the past couple of weeks I’ve been talking to Tennessee, Ole Miss, Ohio State, Florida State, Penn State, USC. Also Texas A&M and Rutgers,” he said. “As of right now I am just looking and getting as much info as I can from coaches and just learning about schools.”

The 6-foot-3, 300-pound first baseman and No. 4 defensive tackle in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite is also going through what he wants in a college.

“Just a place I feel is a safe environment that I can be real comfortable with if it is out of the state,” he said. “Next is baseball. That is important to me. I want to make sure a school actually wants me for baseball and they are not just saying that. Third, it is education. What is most important to me and my family is to get a good education.”

Because of baseball, Malone has not made many visits. He was at Rutgers in the winter but saw a bunch of spring and summer trips cancelled.

He shared his thoughts on the eight schools he is in contact with regularly:

Florida State: “It’s just a great environment. I saw a lot of their games on t.v. the last couple of years. It’s just a great atmosphere. I was planning on visiting before Covid hit. Hopefully, when things open up, I will get down there and see if for myself.

Ohio State: “I’ve been talking to Ohio State for the longest. I’ve been talking to Javontae (Jean-Baptiste). He’s been giving me great intel, and asking how I like (defensive line) coach Larry Johnson. Coach (Ryan) Day, he has been texting me to see how I’ve been and checking up on me.”

Ole Miss: “For them, it is pretty much that I can be a game changer in their program. They say I can also be a game changer in their (baseball) program as well, so that is something I really look at. It is important for me to play baseball in college. That is pretty much the message they send.”

Penn State: “I talked to them a week ago. Ever since the end of my sophomore season, when I started baseball, that is when they hit me up more. Coach (James) Franklin has been telling me he really likes my footwork and my pass rushing and speed off the ball, and that I can be a game changer in their program.”

Rutgers: “I’ve been talking to coach Nunz (assistant coach Nunzio Campanile) and he’s been checking up and seeing how I am doing. He wants me to come back down for an unofficial to check it out, but once Covid hit, I am trying to wait it out and see what happens. Coach (Greg) Schiano has been talking to me, checking up on me.”

Tennessee: “Same thing (as Ole Miss). They say I can be a big guy on their defensive line. I can make an impact in games, and in the baseball program. They love me. They talk to me more.”

Texas A&M: “(Defensive line) coach Elijah Robinson, he is saying the same thing with checking up on me. He says I can have a real impact over there at A&M, that I could really dominate on their defensive line. He says I can be an impact player on their team and I have also been talking to their baseball program as well. They seem really interested.”

USC: “The big message is pretty much the same thing Tennessee and Ole Miss said – that I can be a game-changer in their program. Baseball-wise, they really like me. They really think I can be something over there.”

Edited by Getafix
Doh!n
  • Hook 'Em 1

Jan 7th via Dohn 247  ::

Back from the area code games on the baseball side and after sitting out workouts while quarantining upon returning to New Jersey in early August, four-star defensive tackle Tywone Malone is now gearing up for his senior season of football while still sorting through his recruitment.

And while his net remains wide when it comes to schools – he listed eight he speaks with regularly – he knows when he plans to make a decision.

“For me right now, it’s just a waiting process,” he said. “I am going to wait until the (Under Armour) All-American game to make a final decision. That is what I am planning on. At least if they have the game, that is what I am going to aim for.”

The game is set for Jan. 7 in Orlando, Fla., and the contenders to land him stretch coast-to-coast.

“For the past couple of weeks I’ve been talking to Tennessee, Ole Miss, Ohio State, Florida State, Penn State, USC. Also Texas A&M and Rutgers,” he said. “As of right now I am just looking and getting as much info as I can from coaches and just learning about schools.”

The 6-foot-3, 300-pound first baseman and No. 4 defensive tackle in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite is also going through what he wants in a college.

“Just a place I feel is a safe environment that I can be real comfortable with if it is out of the state,” he said. “Next is baseball. That is important to me. I want to make sure a school actually wants me for baseball and they are not just saying that. Third, it is education. What is most important to me and my family is to get a good education.”

Because of baseball, Malone has not made many visits. He was at Rutgers in the winter but saw a bunch of spring and summer trips cancelled.

Florida State: “It’s just a great environment. I saw a lot of their games on t.v. the last couple of years. It’s just a great atmosphere. I was planning on visiting before Covid hit. Hopefully, when things open up, I will get down there and see if for myself.

Ohio State: “I’ve been talking to Ohio State for the longest. I’ve been talking to Javontae (Jean-Baptiste). He’s been giving me great intel, and asking how I like (defensive line) coach Larry Johnson. Coach (Ryan) Day, he has been texting me to see how I’ve been and checking up on me.”

Ole Miss: “For them, it is pretty much that I can be a game changer in their program. They say I can also be a game changer in their (baseball) program as well, so that is something I really look at. It is important for me to play baseball in college. That is pretty much the message they send.”

Penn State: “I talked to them a week ago. Ever since the end of my sophomore season, when I started baseball, that is when they hit me up more. Coach (James) Franklin has been telling me he really likes my footwork and my pass rushing and speed off the ball, and that I can be a game changer in their program.”

Rutgers: “I’ve been talking to coach Nunz (assistant coach Nunzio Campanile) and he’s been checking up and seeing how I am doing. He wants me to come back down for an unofficial to check it out, but once Covid hit, I am trying to wait it out and see what happens. Coach (Greg) Schiano has been talking to me, checking up on me.”

Tennessee: “Same thing (as Ole Miss). They say I can be a big guy on their defensive line. I can make an impact in games, and in the baseball program. They love me. They talk to me more.”

Texas A&M: “(Defensive line) coach Elijah Robinson, he is saying the same thing with checking up on me. He says I can have a real impact over there at A&M, that I could really dominate on their defensive line. He says I can be an impact player on their team and I have also been talking to their baseball program as well. They seem really interested.”

USC: “The big message is pretty much the same thing Tennessee and Ole Miss said – that I can be a game-changer in their program. Baseball-wise, they really like me. They really think I can be something over there.”

Edited by golfclap

6 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Which Aggy board - 247?  Thought I saw something on there a few days ago, couldn't find it on the first couple of pages now.  

Here's something I spotted - 

image.thumb.png.d1b4192cc2ef4a7f62a3519f4e06a620.png

Edit:  Okay, this is from the 21st.

Aggie 24 / Brian Dohn / Top 100 DT Tywone Malone has decision date, talks top suitors

Reveal hidden contents

Top 100 DT Tywone Malone has decision date, talks top suitors
VIP ByBRIAN DOHN Aug 21, 1:05 PM

Back from the area code games on the baseball side and after sitting out workouts while quarantining upon returning to New Jersey in early August, four-star defensive tackle Tywone Malone is now gearing up for his senior season of football while still sorting through his recruitment.

Florida State: “It’s just a great environment. I saw a lot of their games on t.v. the last couple of years. It’s just a great atmosphere. I was planning on visiting before Covid hit. Hopefully, when things open up, I will get down there and see if for myself.

Ohio State: “I’ve been talking to Ohio State for the longest. I’ve been talking to Javontae (Jean-Baptiste). He’s been giving me great intel, and asking how I like (defensive line) coach Larry Johnson. Coach (Ryan) Day, he has been texting me to see how I’ve been and checking up on me.”

Ole Miss: “For them, it is pretty much that I can be a game changer in their program. They say I can also be a game changer in their (baseball) program as well, so that is something I really look at. It is important for me to play baseball in college. That is pretty much the message they send.”

Penn State: “I talked to them a week ago. Ever since the end of my sophomore season, when I started baseball, that is when they hit me up more. Coach (James) Franklin has been telling me he really likes my footwork and my pass rushing and speed off the ball, and that I can be a game changer in their program.”

Rutgers: “I’ve been talking to coach Nunz (assistant coach Nunzio Campanile) and he’s been checking up and seeing how I am doing. He wants me to come back down for an unofficial to check it out, but once Covid hit, I am trying to wait it out and see what happens. Coach (Greg) Schiano has been talking to me, checking up on me.”

Tennessee: “Same thing (as Ole Miss). They say I can be a big guy on their defensive line. I can make an impact in games, and in the baseball program. They love me. They talk to me more.”

Texas A&M: “(Defensive line) coach Elijah Robinson, he is saying the same thing with checking up on me. He says I can have a real impact over there at A&M, that I could really dominate on their defensive line. He says I can be an impact player on their team and I have also been talking to their baseball program as well. They seem really interested.”

USC: “The big message is pretty much the same thing Tennessee and Ole Miss said – that I can be a game-changer in their program. Baseball-wise, they really like me. They really think I can be something over there.”

image.png

Lol two of Ole Miss' best players are dual baseball/football guys (Plumlee and Ealy) if they're talking who's got the best combo. The baseball team there is staaaaacked, too.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, golfclap said:

For the past couple of weeks I’ve been talking to Tennessee, Ole Miss, Ohio State, Florida State, Penn State, USC. Also Texas A&M and Rutgers,” he said.

Fucking lol

also, does tosu even have a baseball program?  If he’s serious about playing baseball in college, he should eliminate those northern schools immediately and focus on fsu, aggy, and ole miss. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

37 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Fucking lol

also, does tosu even have a baseball program?  If he’s serious about playing baseball in college, he should eliminate those northern schools immediately and focus on fsu, aggy, and ole miss. 

I'm sure he'd like to actually play in some CWS games, though?  Not just get bounced by TCU.

56 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Fucking lol

its laughable that aggy think they have a better baseball program than tosu 

On 8/26/2020 at 11:17 AM, golfclap said:

.......and yet, it won’t make any difference in how they usually finish up!

On 8/26/2020 at 2:14 PM, Scholz said:

Yeah, once things go downhill for aggy this season and they start blaming their "uppity" QB, the quit on that team will steamroll.  I'm sure Mond is SUPER proud to wear A&M on his chest at this point.

So, what are the chances that King will see playing time or will they redshirt him?  Who is their back-up QB currently?

Edited by Cairn Horn88