Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

On 8/17/2020 at 7:29 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

All 3 of Florida's projected starting WR's didn't practice today and rumors all 3 may be opting out.  A starting DE didn't practice either.

The starting DE for Florida has returned to practice.  The 3 WR's are still TBD, but the Florida boards are cautiously optimistic they'll return.

Perroni is a gift. The leeches always ask about Texas recruits. His responses usually follow this format: 

I've never see them in person. I don't know about them or the situation you're asking about, but yeah, they totally suck. 

Edited by Neonmoon
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Perroni is a gift. The leeches always ask about Texas recruits. His responses usually follow this format: 

I've never see them in person. I don't know about them or the situation you're asking about, but yeah, they totally suck. 

But no one has ever accused him of being a homer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

To be fair, the entire narrative involving OL recruiting across every aggy site is that Texas doesn’t develop players especially OL. Ad infinitum. 

the average aggy has only heard from Tarp, HammLite, Looch, Imart, jmlittle, etc ... so they think the Texas OL still looks like Charlie Era crossed with their own pile of shit OL.

How can Texas possibly be better than aggy?  Jimbo and The Marine handpicked *checks notes* Jenkins, Blanton, Matthews, Clement

“well that was a transition class” 

*checks notes again* Green, Robinson, Trainor

uhhh... 

Morris, Ogunbiyi, Chibuzo, Bankhead, Jefferson

they LOVE those guys. Ask them. They admit they need more T bodies but they LOVE these guys. Because they’ve been told to love them ad nauseam.

You'll see. Things will really start to look up once Javonne Shepherd graduates from Junior College! He'll raise the IQ level of his JUCO and aggy.

10 hours ago, Tree Fidy said:

WTF is it with you people wanting to bring CR politics into the recruiting forum? Fuck off with that!

I think he was talking about the TV personality?  Also, I agree, no politics.  I come here to escape all the noise in the world.

23 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Thread title got me. seems they are amped about their Big backs ... 

4-CEC6278-6-D61-435-A-8-AE4-CE6-D175447-

let’s see them...

Reveal hidden contents

9885288.png?width=600&fit=bounds

lots of before in that pic. No after to be found. 

Just a couple of husky boys that don't like leg day. Remember, this is the stable of POWER BACKS that is scaring off LJ.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, cafe society said:

I'm eager to see pictures of the new and improved, slimmed-down, Loochy approved Bobby Brown.

He honestly looked a lot slimmer running in their first practice video. 

first clip is he and Leal. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/video/aggies-hit-field-for-first-day-of-fall-camp-2020-courtesy-of-texas-a-m-athletics/

38 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Raikes has always been shockingly athletic despite visibly living the #cubelife, but it's a fine balance and he might be hitting the tipping point

Yeah, he’s an absolute freak but Schmidt needs to make sure he only eats his own lean vomit for a while. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, golfclap said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/video/aggies-hit-field-for-first-day-of-fall-camp-2020-courtesy-of-texas-a-m-athletics/

Welp, you are right, he does look like he put in a lot of work.

Florida WR Trevon Grimes is now playing.  Was the best one of the 3 supposedly not playing.  That's 2/4 returning along with the DE and those 2 are easily the best 2 of those 4.  I've aggy getting hopes up of that being a win thinking those 4 won't play.  Florida boards think the other 2 play.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Florida WR Trevon Grimes is now playing.  Was the best one of the 3 supposedly not playing.  That's 2/4 returning along with the DE and those 2 are easily the best 2 of those 4.  I've aggy getting hopes up of that being a win thinking those 4 won't play.  Florida boards think the other 2 play.

Aggy pinning their hopes on the other team's best not playing says it all.

• Like 1

so this is... weird. 

per HammLite ::

Eli Stowers will hold his own combine soon

I was told this spring of the plans and now they are set. Eli Stowers will be fully cleared when his practices are allowed to begin on Sep. 7. But, before then, he is going to throw for the media. He is doing it next Saturday, Aug. 29. Andrew will be there.

1 minute ago, Getafix said:

It did mention Andrew (Hattersley - 247), but likely all media.

As for why ... 

image.thumb.png.96d020e6b9af243738ea8803869b1bc5.png

Either that kid is looking for other offers or he really is the perfect aggy commit -- spouting how useless and biased recruiting rankings are out of one side of their mouth while doing everything in the world that to boost their ranking out of the other.

• Hook 'Em 4

23 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Either that kid is looking for other offers or he really is the perfect aggy commit -- spouting how useless and biased recruiting rankings are out of one side of their mouth while doing everything in the world that to boost their ranking out of the other.

The perfect aggy football player would have to weigh at least 350 lbs.

13 hours ago, golfclap said:

He sure does & doing what he's always done best. Drills vs air while someone chews his ass.

I'd forgotten about Leal, fuck that one hurt. CREAM.

Nothing to see here. Everything is fine. 

Texas A&M's first unit on the offensive line is as follows:

LT - Dan Moore

LG - Kenyon Green

C- Ryan McCollum

RG - Jared Hocker

RT - Blake Trainor

The second unit lines up like this:

LT - Chris Morris

LG - Layden Robinson

C - Luke Matthews

RG - Akinola Ogunbiyi

RT - Blake Trainor

- Blake Trainor is subbing in for Carson Green, who is dinged. It's not a big deal as Green was with the first unit earlier in the week.

- Kenyon Green and Jared Hocker were flipped in part during the off season because Green is also essentially the backup LT even though he is in the starting five. Green primarily played on the right side in high school and A&M wants to get him some work on the left side because your stance and movement out of your stance are different than they are on the right side. This is a way to ease him into this.

- Although Chris Morris is listed as the backup LT, they want to redshirt him (and he needs to redshirt). If anything happens to Dan Moore, they'll move Kenyon Green out there either for a game or the remainder of the season. You can expect a similar situation on the right side.

- Due to retirements, A&M is once again pretty young up front on the second unit. They were fortunate last year in terms of injuries and had a solid sixth man in Colton Prater who moved into the starting lineup. Now, Luke Matthews more or less has that sixth-man role. The rest of the group has a total of two games of experience (Matthews has 11 games all by himself).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2