Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I missed that Foster is back and working with the 2s and 3s. I guess there were no takers on the open market for him? he’s still in the portal, per Tarp. At this point isn’t he just stealing reps from King? by-product for merc rentals, I suppose. 

Makes more sense for him to opt-out, preserve this season of eligibility, and find a new home in the spring/summer of 2021. 

14 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I missed that Foster is back and working with the 2s and 3s. I guess there were no takers on the open market for him? he’s still in the portal, per Tarp. At this point isn’t he just stealing reps from King? by-product for merc rentals, I suppose. 

Thought he would wind up at UH with Tank.

51 minutes ago, Fud said:

I don't remember who this guy is, but defensive tackle Adarious Jones is out for the season with a knee injury 

2nd year in a row for him. He should attempt to opt out if he can, if he wants to save a year. He could be a grad transfer with 3 years of eligibility if he plays school. 

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Just adorable

EftwfwUXsAA0Ubh?format=jpg&name=small

Spiller had 406 yards in the SEC on 107 carries. 31% of those came against the one of the worst teams in the SEC East, South Carolina.

He had 439 yards against UTSA, Lamar, and Texas State. He also had 101 yards against Clemson and OSU, for a 3.88 YPC average.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Fud said:

I don't remember who this guy is, but defensive tackle Adarious Jones is out for the season with a knee injury 

Who do they have at DT?  Leal and Brown, with Peevy behind them?  Jackson already in the 2 deep?  Brown will need replaced after 3-4 plays against the Pirate's fast pace.

1 minute ago, rvm96 said:

Bijan: 38 rushing TDs with 42 total, 17.7 YPC, 2,235 total rushing yards

Achane: 40 rushing TDs with 50 total, 11.3 YPC, 2,266 total rushing yards

So their undersized running back took more punishment in high school than our normal sized one. I'm sure that'll be fine.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Who do they have at DT?  Leal and Brown, with Peevy behind them?  Jackson already in the 2 deep?  Brown will need replaced after 3-4 plays against the Pirate's fast pace.

Rogers, too. My guess is the 2 pieces of bread they surrounded Leal with will get passed up on the depth chart by Walker and Jackson.  So far Jimbo has been pretty consistent with getting 1 good DT along with 2-3 worthless pieces every class. I'm not really counting Jefferson, who will be portaled by next summer.

Edited by HtownHorn

30 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

SR Peevy, JR Brown, Soph “DE” Leal, FR McKinnley Jackson, FR Isaiah Raikes, FR Dallas Walker

They are good at DT. DL is one of the positions they’ve recruited well at. They don’t have dominant ends, but they’re not terrible. LB and CB are the WTF positions. Elko strategy is old school. Control the line of scrimmage with 4 huge dudes, and hope the back end doesn’t get exploited. 

15 hours ago, Mason Ramsey said:

fail nick young GIF

hell yes. the perfect gif for my season predictions. admittedly, between the world burning down and my belief that the college football season would never be played i'm a bit behind in my understanding of how we will win the national championship this year, but rest assured that information is coming soon. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

Spoiler

Fall Camp is rolling, and Billy Liucci is previewing specific trends and players to keep an eye on as the 2020 season approaches. You can find each story in the series 

Demond Demas

As if fans weren't anxious enough to see Demond Demas (pictured above) in action after the five-star talent missed his senior season, Demas flashed eye-catching speed on a reverse (against air, mind you) during a short highlight clip from the first practice of the season and fans absolutely lost it. There's no secret that Demond is special. Look, I've called him the most gifted Texas wide receiver prospect I've ever seen coming out of the high school level...a list that includes Dez Bryant, Roy Williams and Mike Evans plus plenty of other great ones. Incredible spacial awareness, ball skills, height/length, rarely-seen athletic skill and bounce plus verified sub-4.4 speed, the dude has it all. The question everyone from Jimbo Fisher to Dameyune Craig on down have is how long will it take for the game-changing weapon to adjust to the college game (especially after sitting out last fall) and to learn enough of the offense to log significant game reps. Considering the Ags are now only playing a ten game schedule, there isn't going to be any time to ease Demond into action, so he'll be getting a crash course from now until late September. We've been waiting to see #1 on the field since the night he committed to Fisher in the A&M locker room following the Clemson game in 2018. Who knows, maybe two years later, Demond plays a key role in the Ags finishing the job and knocking off Bama or Florida in an early-season upset.

Texas A&M Athletics

Achane adds a crucial new dynamic to the A&M offense.

Devon Achane

Did I say speed? Devon Achane crossed the goal line roughly 120 times while leading Fort Bend Marshall to back-to-back 5A state title games, and I see no reason why he won't be a TD producing machine at the major college level. Why? Because you can't coach what Achane has that 99% of college football doesn't: borderline Olympic speed, unrivaled field vision and ankle-breaking open field moves. There weren't many guys in the 2020 class that the Aggies needed more than Achane because he brings so much to the table that the Aggies have lacked on offense of late. He's a true home run threat out of the backfield and in the return game and is a guy that Jimbo Fisher and Darrell Dickey will be able to line up all over the formation once he's ready for that kind of mental workload. As it stands now, I'm absolutely convinced we're talking about a day one contributor in the return game and as a big-play situational piece on offense. Watch his role expand as the extended SEC season progresses. 

McKinnley Jackson

Dating back to when the Aggies were locked in a head-to-head battle with Alabama down last year's January stretch run to Signing Day, I repeatedly stated that the No. 1 prospect in Mississippi was a five-star talent and instant-impact interior defender. We're talking about All-SEC or even All-American type of talent a couple of years down the road, which is why Jimbo Fisher, Mike Elko and Elijah Robinson were absolutely elated when they pulled off perhaps the biggest recruiting coup of the Fisher Era last February. Did I say big? Jackson is a 6-2, 335-pound wrecking ball on the interior and someone who many insiders believe could start making a push up the depth chart as soon as the pads go on. It won't be easy, as the Aggies are pretty stacked when it comes to 300-plus pounders on the inside. That said, we saw Bobby Brown log significant reps as a true freshman despite the Ags starting three eventual NFL Draft picks plus SEC returning sack leader Landis Durham. Last fall, it was DeMarvin Leal who forced his way into the starting lineup by mid-season. Both were truly elite physical talents coming out of the high school ranks and McKinnley is no different.

Texas A&M Athletics

Jaylon Jones arrived on campus looking like a guy ready to play immediately for the Aggies.

Jaylon Jones/Brian George

The Aggies are bringing in two corners who have the potential to start on the island during their first season on campus. There's some real competition, but both of these guys have NFL qualities as cover men. A five-star signee and the No. 1 overall cornerback in the country, Jaylon Jones arrived in January and was extremely impressive during the off-season stretch prior to spring ball. I've said it before and will again: If the Cibolo Steele product had been able to show what he could do during spring ball, we might already be talking about him forcing his way into the lineup. Jones checks all the boxes at the position and has brought a veteran's mindset to College Station, much like DeMarvin Leal and Demani Richardon last season. As for George, he was a later arrival than Jones but since joining the program in June, Brian's raw athleticism, work ethic, intensity and grit have caught the attention of teammates and coaches alike. Elko started a JUCO corner last year (and Elijah Blades will have a lot to say about whether Jones and/or George can break through early) and would have no problem doing so again if George hits the ground running in fall camp.

Edgerrin Cooper

The Ags' had signings that moved the needle a little more in terms of momentum and the national rankings but managed to sneak in a monster defensive addition just before the end of the early signing period when they went into Louisiana and pulled Edgerrin Cooper. The linebacker was considered a top-5 player in the Bayou State and had decommitted from Oklahoma. Many thought he was prepared to wait things out until NSD in February, but Fisher, Mike Elko and the Aggies were diligent and, despite very limited numbers, knew that Cooper was simply too good to risk losing out on. His stock already soaring, the likes of LSU and Texas came calling, only to find out he was already officially and solidly an Aggie. Considering the fact that A&M starts two fourth-year returnees at the linebacker, the 6-2, 215-pounder is likely a year away from making a significant impact for Mike Elko and Tyler Santucci, but he possesses a devastating blend of speed, length, range and striking ability. Frankly, I'm just excited to hear the early returns once the pads go on because Cooper has already generated quite a bit of buzz. And that surprises none of the guys who celebrated his stealth signing in the Bright Complex back in December.

18 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Fall Camp is rolling, and Billy Liucci is previewing specific trends and players to keep an eye on as the 2020 season approaches. You can find each story in the series 

Demond Demas

As if fans weren't anxious enough to see Demond Demas (pictured above) in action after the five-star talent missed his senior season, Demas flashed eye-catching speed on a reverse (against air, mind you) during a short highlight clip from the first practice of the season and fans absolutely lost it. There's no secret that Demond is special. Look, I've called him the most gifted Texas wide receiver prospect I've ever seen coming out of the high school level...a list that includes Dez Bryant, Roy Williams and Mike Evans plus plenty of other great ones. Incredible spacial awareness, ball skills, height/length, rarely-seen athletic skill and bounce plus verified sub-4.4 speed, the dude has it all. The question everyone from Jimbo Fisher to Dameyune Craig on down have is how long will it take for the game-changing weapon to adjust to the college game (especially after sitting out last fall) and to learn enough of the offense to log significant game reps. Considering the Ags are now only playing a ten game schedule, there isn't going to be any time to ease Demond into action, so he'll be getting a crash course from now until late September. We've been waiting to see #1 on the field since the night he committed to Fisher in the A&M locker room following the Clemson game in 2018. Who knows, maybe two years later, Demond plays a key role in the Ags finishing the job and knocking off Bama or Florida in an early-season upset.

Texas A&M Athletics

Achane adds a crucial new dynamic to the A&M offense.

Devon Achane

Did I say speed? Devon Achane crossed the goal line roughly 120 times while leading Fort Bend Marshall to back-to-back 5A state title games, and I see no reason why he won't be a TD producing machine at the major college level. Why? Because you can't coach what Achane has that 99% of college football doesn't: borderline Olympic speed, unrivaled field vision and ankle-breaking open field moves. There weren't many guys in the 2020 class that the Aggies needed more than Achane because he brings so much to the table that the Aggies have lacked on offense of late. He's a true home run threat out of the backfield and in the return game and is a guy that Jimbo Fisher and Darrell Dickey will be able to line up all over the formation once he's ready for that kind of mental workload. As it stands now, I'm absolutely convinced we're talking about a day one contributor in the return game and as a big-play situational piece on offense. Watch his role expand as the extended SEC season progresses. 

McKinnley Jackson

Dating back to when the Aggies were locked in a head-to-head battle with Alabama down last year's January stretch run to Signing Day, I repeatedly stated that the No. 1 prospect in Mississippi was a five-star talent and instant-impact interior defender. We're talking about All-SEC or even All-American type of talent a couple of years down the road, which is why Jimbo Fisher, Mike Elko and Elijah Robinson were absolutely elated when they pulled off perhaps the biggest recruiting coup of the Fisher Era last February. Did I say big? Jackson is a 6-2, 335-pound wrecking ball on the interior and someone who many insiders believe could start making a push up the depth chart as soon as the pads go on. It won't be easy, as the Aggies are pretty stacked when it comes to 300-plus pounders on the inside. That said, we saw Bobby Brown log significant reps as a true freshman despite the Ags starting three eventual NFL Draft picks plus SEC returning sack leader Landis Durham. Last fall, it was DeMarvin Leal who forced his way into the starting lineup by mid-season. Both were truly elite physical talents coming out of the high school ranks and McKinnley is no different.

Texas A&M Athletics

Jaylon Jones arrived on campus looking like a guy ready to play immediately for the Aggies.

Jaylon Jones/Brian George

The Aggies are bringing in two corners who have the potential to start on the island during their first season on campus. There's some real competition, but both of these guys have NFL qualities as cover men. A five-star signee and the No. 1 overall cornerback in the country, Jaylon Jones arrived in January and was extremely impressive during the off-season stretch prior to spring ball. I've said it before and will again: If the Cibolo Steele product had been able to show what he could do during spring ball, we might already be talking about him forcing his way into the lineup. Jones checks all the boxes at the position and has brought a veteran's mindset to College Station, much like DeMarvin Leal and Demani Richardon last season. As for George, he was a later arrival than Jones but since joining the program in June, Brian's raw athleticism, work ethic, intensity and grit have caught the attention of teammates and coaches alike. Elko started a JUCO corner last year (and Elijah Blades will have a lot to say about whether Jones and/or George can break through early) and would have no problem doing so again if George hits the ground running in fall camp.

Edgerrin Cooper

The Ags' had signings that moved the needle a little more in terms of momentum and the national rankings but managed to sneak in a monster defensive addition just before the end of the early signing period when they went into Louisiana and pulled Edgerrin Cooper. The linebacker was considered a top-5 player in the Bayou State and had decommitted from Oklahoma. Many thought he was prepared to wait things out until NSD in February, but Fisher, Mike Elko and the Aggies were diligent and, despite very limited numbers, knew that Cooper was simply too good to risk losing out on. His stock already soaring, the likes of LSU and Texas came calling, only to find out he was already officially and solidly an Aggie. Considering the fact that A&M starts two fourth-year returnees at the linebacker, the 6-2, 215-pounder is likely a year away from making a significant impact for Mike Elko and Tyler Santucci, but he possesses a devastating blend of speed, length, range and striking ability. Frankly, I'm just excited to hear the early returns once the pads go on because Cooper has already generated quite a bit of buzz. And that surprises none of the guys who celebrated his stealth signing in the Bright Complex back in December.

Lulz that Demond's highlight was on a reverse, and not actually running a route.

37 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Edgerrin Cooper

There's kool aid, then there's whatever the hell this is

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1