2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

20 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

even when he was hot it was like he wasn't really helping.  does he have an rbi yet this year?

he had a 2-0 pitch coming to him at some point tonight, and kalas was like, "he should see something good here..."  and i thought to myself. "so?"

whatever fear i had when pitching to someone crazy like gary sheffield waving his bat and looking like every swing was going 500 feet, i feel the exact opposite when i watch tyler white.  i would fear kemp more.

fear the kemp.

we gotta showcase kemp to help drive up his trade value in another month or so?

I'm starting to get the feeling that Tony Kemp's days are numbered as an Astro (though I know a deal is unlikely until the summer).

But who will hug for homers?

No one wants him.

T White will be moved soon.

Yeah, his only real value is being a nine-hole hitter who can turn the lineup over. He hasn't been doing that. Last night was especially bad:

Tony Kemp must read Surly

2 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Hit this 425' without using his lower body.

Yordan has more extra base hits than strikeouts this season.

Polar opposite of Tucker who is having an abysmal start to the season. Yordan will be called up before him. Hopefully he's working on adjusting his swing or something and can turn it around. 

Tucker has had a good week (3 home runs in his past 5 games), but he is still striking out too much for my liking.

Tucker has a 18.7% SwStr% this season while Yordan has a 8.6% SwStr%, which is third lowest on the team behind Ritchie and Straw.  

Edited by Fozzz

Tucker has had a good week (3 home runs in his past 5 games), but he is still striking out too much for my liking.
Tucker has a 18.7% SwStr% this season while Yordan has a 8.6% SwStr%, which is third lowest on the team behind Ritchie and Straw.  

Unfortunately when he got called up last year and a bunch of people panicked that his swing was super long, they were actually right instead of being the usual uninformed fan.

But I wouldn’t have guessed Bellinger could hit this level and he has. Hopefully Tucker figures it out

Excited for Yardon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk