2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Keep winning series.  4 against Cleveland with no Verlander will be a good test

Meh. I get what your saying this isn’t the 2018 Indians and given the schedule, I’d actually rather have it set up exactly like it will... with Verlander pitching against one of the best offenses in the league (Twins), miss one of the worst (Indians), and be ready for a divisional opponent and best player in the game (Trout) (and possibly Ohtani) playing in another country

so a quick glance at the standings looks like 8 teams over .500 (7 not including us).

we've played 6 and are about to play the 7th this weekend.

our entire schedule thus far is over .500 as of this moment. 

and our upcoming schedule is the same until we play the angels in mexico in early may.

Plus he is doing a "Legends Tour" for every homestand and wears a different players uniform to the stadium and throws their stats up on his instagram.  The other day it was Dierker.  Before that one I think was Keuchel.  

Edited by Scraps

10 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

George has been DH 3 times in last 8 games. What's up with that?

D5BkxdGU0AAbKjw.jpg

I think it’s partly due to trying to give Kemp at-bats, but preferring him in the field over DH so that you can sub Marisnick defensively if the situation warrants it and not lose one of your really good bats. 

With that said, there must be a reason they are preferring Kemp in CF and Springer at DH to putting him in LF with Brantley DHing (which gets you to a similar end result), but I’m not sure what it is. Edit: post above offers a reasonable explanation for that. Springer’s defense does take a toll on his body.

Edited by formermav43