2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, formermav43 said:

I doubt that it looks that much different, actually. And that’s not a bad thing. Im plenty excited about the team as it stands. Any additions are gravy.

all my thoughts kemp and white, probably won't be on the team as the season progresses. we will likely add another #2-3 type of starting pitcher, not including any type of call up in the form of whitley/bukakke. factor in we will get joe smith back around the all-star break and will, probably, move miley to the bullpen as season progresses. 

52 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

all my thoughts kemp and white, probably won't be on the team as the season progresses. we will likely add another #2-3 type of starting pitcher, not including any type of call up in the form of whitley/bukakke. factor in we will get joe smith back around the all-star break and will, probably, move miley to the bullpen as season progresses. 

I think White probably sticks. And if Whitley looks ready-he’s quietly off to a bad start yet without the angst directed at Tucker-I don’t think they’ll add a starter either.

Anyway, I see any changes as on the margins, which is why I said not a lot different. Maybe we just disagree on what constitutes a lot. 

4 hours ago, Fozzz said:

No he didn't. 

Don't be a sore loser bitch. Yes, Tyler got a lot of help from that fucking bullshit DP call. But you're blinder than Angel Hernandez if you didn't see good pitching from him. He's a piece of shit conspiracy nut dickwad, but he was throwing really, really well yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Don't be a sore loser bitch. Yes, Tyler got a lot of help from that fucking bullshit DP call. But you're blinder than Angel Hernandez if you didn't see good pitching from him. He's a piece of shit conspiracy nut dickwad, but he was throwing really, really well yesterday.

He pitched quite poorly.  When accounting for K, BB, and launch angle/exit velo for each BBE, he had an expected wOBA against of .425, or about the same as JD Martinez's wOBA last season.  

Edited by Fozzz

even when he was hot it was like he wasn't really helping.  does he have an rbi yet this year?

he had a 2-0 pitch coming to him at some point tonight, and kalas was like, "he should see something good here..."  and i thought to myself. "so?"

whatever fear i had when pitching to someone crazy like gary sheffield waving his bat and looking like every swing was going 500 feet, i feel the exact opposite when i watch tyler white.  i would fear kemp more.

• Like 1