2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

3 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

Our bullpen is uh not good this year...

just like most years, our "leading" bullpen is great - pressly, osuna, maybe rondon?

but our "tied/trailing" bullpen is terrible - everyone else.

we've been really bad the last few years at 'holding' a small deficit.  

55 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

even when he was hot it was like he wasn't really helping.  does he have an rbi yet this year?

he had a 2-0 pitch coming to him at some point tonight, and kalas was like, "he should see something good here..."  and i thought to myself. "so?"

whatever fear i had when pitching to someone crazy like gary sheffield waving his bat and looking like every swing was going 500 feet, i feel the exact opposite when i watch tyler white.  i would fear kemp more.

HG, you know a shit ton of baseball,  what you just posted is legit. Why are we posting on Hines  property? 

10 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

James has fallen off. Bullpen has become a gas can with exception of Osuna

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Yeah but people think we're gonna have the same team towards the end of the year 

White is slugging .317. He boosted his OBP by walking 4 times in 2 games this week, but he's been awful. 

I keep bitching about it, but it is maddening how little production this team gets from DH and 1B, considering those are two positions that should be relatively easy to fill with competent hitters. (Yuli isn't terrible, but he isn't particularly good by 1B standards.)

White is slugging .317. He boosted his OBP by walking 4 times in 2 games this week, but he's been awful. 
I keep bitching about it, but it is maddening how little production this team gets from DH and 1B, considering those are two positions that should be relatively easy to fill with competent hitters. (Yuli isn't terrible, but he isn't particularly good by 1B standards.)

He’ll be gone within a week

Good seats 676bb52d7f292549a1ddfb6dbc8cc240.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Much better than mine.

fbfdb15d8e58aee528dadd4ba9c4e7d9.jpg

So far this gomer has asked:

do they ever open the roof?

does it ever sell out?

do they come around with beer, or do you have to go back up top?

is that Yuli Gurriel? (while looking at a pic of Gurriel on his phone)

He also asked my wife if she was finished with her water bottle so he could use it as a spittoon.

He’s as frustrating to listen to as our offense is to watch.