2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Springer needs to learn how not to play every play like's it's game 7 of the WS. Like the play he got injured on earlier this season, there was no reason to pursue that foul ball as aggressively as he did. Maybe leaving him in CF all the time would be better for his health.
I was sure he was going to kill himself on the inside the park HR with the head first slide.

30 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Jeff should save the celebration for getting the franchise to .500.  It should happen in late 2021 or 2022.

The Astros have never finished a season with a franchise record above .500.  They were 6, 4, and 9 games under at the ends of 2004, 2005, and 2007.  

From what I can tell, the franchise has been briefly over .500 twice.  The Colt .45s swept their first ever series against the Cubs on April 10-12, 1962 to go to 3-0.  They lost on April 27, 1962 to fall to 6-7 and never got back above .500 that year.

The Astros won on April 22, 2006 to go to 3509-3508-5.  They reached a high water mark of 3516-3512-5 after a win on May 4, 2006.  They dropped back under .500 at 3519-3520-5 after a loss on May 15, 2006 and have not been above .500 since.

The current franchise record is 4568-4651-5.

• Like 1

I can’t imagine pitching to this lineup. Your only slight relief is if an inning ended with the #7 hitter and you get Maldonado/Chorizo and then Marisnick/Reddick/Diaz followed by Springer. It’s absurd

Inning after inning you have to bring it... especially with guys like Bregs and Alvarez who won’t swing at much