2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I’ll gladly take it. But after seeing every replay angle over and over and looking for a mitt to slip in there, I think he still hasn’t touched the plate. Glad to get it and get out of that game with a W.

Yep. Wrap up show showed every angle multiple times and I’ve still not seen Yuli touch the dish. Is there some blocked plate rule we’re missing?

4 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Yep. Wrap up show showed every angle multiple times and I’ve still not seen Yuli touch the dish. Is there some blocked plate rule we’re missing?

What I was wondering. They didn’t take long on the review.

The ump called him safe.
At that point the only thing they could review is whether he was tagged before the ump called him safe
Can’t expect a guy to keep trying to touch the base after he’s called safe ( or catcher to tag him)
Play is over at that point.

The call stood. It wasn’t confirmed or whatever probably because they couldn’t clearly see he touched the plate.

You people serious?  He touched the plate.  Even if he didn't, he still hasn't been tagged.

Then it’s still 3-3 with 2 outs and the game is in the Twilight Zone.
But since replay couldn’t show either Yuli touching the plate or the catcher tagging him then the call on the field stands..
Astros Win!

45 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

Gonna suck when he's taking for san fran

MLB.com had an article yesterday talking about 7 perfect trades. They had one for the Astros and Encarnacion. The Bumgarner one was to the Yankees and this was what the writer thought it would cost:  "The Yankees have so much Minor League depth that it’s going to be a matter of exchanging names until both sides are comfortable. That should not be a sticking point. The Yankees aren’t going to trade outfielder Estevan Florial (their No. 1 prospect), but righties Roansy Contreras (No. 10) and Nick Nelson (No. 11) are two names to keep an eye on."

6 hours ago, rvm96 said:

MLB.com had an article yesterday talking about 7 perfect trades. They had one for the Astros and Encarnacion. The Bumgarner one was to the Yankees and this was what the writer thought it would cost:  "The Yankees have so much Minor League depth that it’s going to be a matter of exchanging names until both sides are comfortable. That should not be a sticking point. The Yankees aren’t going to trade outfielder Estevan Florial (their No. 1 prospect), but righties Roansy Contreras (No. 10) and Nick Nelson (No. 11) are two names to keep an eye on."

Yeah nobody is going to give up their top prospects for a half-season of Bumgarner, but if we can get him for 2 out of Freudis Nova, Bryan Abreu, Brandon Bielak, Luis Santana and throw in a major league-ready guy to open a roster spot (Fisher maybe, who the Giants could play every day the rest of the year to see what he's got)...man I think I'd do that, and I doubt they'd get much better offers elsewhere. 

As for Encarnacion...he'd help, especially if the injured guys remain injured, but MB seems like the higher impact guy. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski