2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I don't know why y'all aren't appreciating the beauty of the human element of baseball.  It makes the game so much more interesting.  Would be such an abomination to automate balls and strikes....

Amen. As one of those “young” fans baseball wants, it drives me fucking insane that we have a chart that shows the strike zone and yet we have a human judging a 100mph fastball followed by a 80mph curve. Insanity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, thetruth said:

It may be a bitch move, but can we play this game under protest? This guy is fucking horrendous and actively fucking with our team out there. 

No matter what happens, we should be filing a complaint with the league office. You can't have an ump initiating arguments and pushing players. 

3 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

2-160 starting to look like a possibility

What's crazy is that we have only been outhit in 1 of the 7 games we have played. If outhitting your opponent equated to wins, we would be 6-1 or 5-2. Instead, we're about to be 2-5. Wouldn't surprise me if we statistically have the least timely hitting in baseball right now.

5 minutes ago, Honeysucklerose said:

Right. And the DP ball and situational hitting has killed us. It's so frustrating. You know they have to be feeling it

The Astros lost 4-0. They are 2-5 after their first road trip of the year. They are currently hitting 4-for-42 with runners in scoring position. Postgame should be interesting.

12 minutes ago, Honeysucklerose said:

I wouldn't have imagined this in a million years. I am worried about this offense. This team.

Again, they were hitting like this to start 2017 too.

Some of you are too high strung. If they’re still below .500 and hitting like this on Memorial Day, then it’s time to worry. In an NFL season, this is roughly the equivalent of 4 minutes left before halftime of the 1st game.

1 minute ago, formermav43 said:

Some of you are too high strung. If they’re still below .500 and hitting like this on Memorial Day, then it’s time to worry. In an NFL season, this is roughly the equivalent of 4 minutes left before halftime of the 1st game.

Yep. A 2-5 road trip is always disappointing but far from unheard of over the course of a season. There's no way a lineup this talented won't produce runs. Nothing is fucked, dudes. 

30 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

i think it's more about the boston series leaving a bad taste and waiting 6 months.....for this.

i don't think anyone on this thread honestly thinks we're gonna struggle to win the west.

• Like 2