2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

7 hours ago, Jshep34 said:

Fire the strength and conditioning coaches/trainers

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

The guy is 56 years old...

There's only so much icy hot in the world.

Edited by slorch

I thought it was an ankle, luckily he didn't rupture an Achilles lunging and missing the bag like that. Looked like an Achilles strain after seeing the replay a few times. Glad he was able to stick around for a few more innings, obviously, hopefully he can find a curandera and get back soon.

3 minutes ago, Scraps said:
41 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:
Yordan DH’ing today!

Excellent. Ticket purchased in Yordan homer zone....which unfortunately is wide and far

If you live in the greater Houston area, you're in Yardon's homer zone

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Scraps said:

My professional opinion is Diaz is ready. Activate him and make a late lineup change and boot White.

#csb - my mom is an above avg casual fan. They all came up for for Friday’s game, she even asked me ‘there isn’t anyone better in the minor leagues than Tyler white ?’ 

Lunhow notes :

1. Beltran worked with Yuli in NYC, it's paid off.

2. Straw will start seeing time at 2nd. 

3. James or Sneed for next open start in rotation (most likely). they haven't ruled out a reliever game

4. Colorado series is important, want to go into AS break with some momentum. #captainobvious

5. Diaz / Smith / Correa talk - Smith is looking and feeling good, should be back first day after AS break (sounds like he's ready now). Diaz, rehab during AS break, back first weekend after AS break. Correa, rehab right after Diaz, he's feeling 'good'. Bregman / Brantley / Reddick need some rest, carrying the load. 

6. Martin - getting 2nd opinion on his elbow early next week. Then they'll decide on best path forward by next week. Astros aren't expecting him back 'any time soon' 

7. Alvarez would be very hard to pry from this team. Astro minor leaguers are getting asked about. James was very hot two years ago, last year Corbin Martin was getting asked about. BLack getting interest from other teams. Riley Farrell - has MLB potential for sure. Important to have a pipeline of young arms for long term success

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

Trading Alvarez would be almost as dumb as the Dodgers trading him

they asked him about 'untouchable' players and he used alvarez as an example, untouchable without calling him untouchable 

Edited by tx 3 putt

Blummer actually ( unintentionally) nails something i hate about the game these days.

"Just because you see it longer doesn't mean it's a strike"

he's talking about lower velocity pitchers, but it absolutely nails the idiotic framing of pitches and how catchers hold the glove in a certain position in a pause, begging for the call.

The pitch is the pitch.  call the motherfucker.