2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, henrygandorf said:

that feeling.  it's not happiness.  it's relief.

let's start something.

Checks schedule...we've won 3 out of 5?  Doesn't feel like it, does it?  We need another 10 game winning streak.

9 hours ago, Wishbone said:

Wouln’t be a permanent move. He’s damn good in RF as a fielder, and has an arm that would be wasted at 1st. We have other options.

Which is why my first options would be to train Alvarez, Tucker, or Brantley at first base. I don't know if two of those three can play in the outfield at the same time. If Brantley and/or Tucker can play CF or RF effectively, that would be great.

Even then, they may be looking to reduce Reddick's role next year. His contract is going to keep him on the team, but his power numbers are low for a corner outfielder.

After DH and 1B, the next spot in the lineup that needs an offensive upgrade is RF.

1 hour ago, BornOrange said:

Kinda ironic after last night's game that I'm arguing for less playing time for Reddick and Guriel next year, maybe even this year once we get everyone healthy.

Arguing for less PT for Reddick this year is insane.  It flies in the face of reality.  Dude is having a career year at the plate and routinely making Spider-Man plays in RF.  It’s OK to forgive him for the 2017 ALCS and WS performances now.   

44 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Arguing for less PT for Reddick this year is insane.  It flies in the face of reality.  Dude is having a career year at the plate and routinely making Spider-Man plays in RF.  It’s OK to forgive him for the 2017 ALCS and WS performances now.   

I think the Reddick conversation had more to do with next year. He's signed for another year, but so are Springer/Brantley/Marisnick, and Tucker is ready now. Alvarez is here to stay. 

I don't think you keep Tucker in AAA for a third consecutive year in order to keep Reddick on the roster. That means they are likely to either part ways with Tucker or Reddick, and you have to figure we only move Tucker in a trade to get a pretty big fish.