2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

48 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Can anyone explain the logic on how Framber on short rest was a better option than McHugh?  I assumed they were saving Collin for tonight, but then they waste him for two innings.  I trust our front office with my life, but it sure does feel like they're trying to get too cute.

Hinch hoping against hope to get at least five out of Framber.   No chance he gets that from McHugh and .5% chance he gets it from Framber.    Gotta play the numbers, man!

I wouldn't be shocked if Altuve(even though he wasn't an AS) or Bregman are sat tonight.  Hinch already said he wanted to sit the guys out of the All Star break for some asinine reason.  Springer and Brantley already sat.  

The pattycake shit is getting old

20 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I wouldn't be shocked if Altuve(even though he wasn't an AS) or Bregman are sat tonight.  Hinch already said he wanted to sit the guys out of the All Star break for some asinine reason.  Springer and Brantley already sat.  

It just seems arbitrary...doesn't seem to be any strategic element to it. If the team is at full-strength, then sit one of them when JV or Cole are pitching (and you generally need fewer runs to win). 

But when you are missing Correa still, and you are "starting" James/Valdez...don't sit one of your best hitters, which just furthers your handicap.

You have some statistical probability of winning any given game...that probability decreases when you deliberately play less productive players (Kemp) instead of more productive players (Brantley). So, last night's win probability was already relatively low due to the James/Valdez start, and we further decrease the odds of winning by voluntarily sitting Brantley. We intentionally decreased the odds of winning that game. Makes no fucking sense. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski

Yeah I’m fully expecting Bregs to sit tonight because of the “giving All Stars rest” nonsense.
(Bregs .235 lifetime vs Heaney. 17 ABs also helps Hinch). Altuve hits .364 in 22 ABs so would hope he’s in the lineup.

Yuli and Myles on the left side will be interesting.

what is the point of appealing Marisnick's suspension when he wasn't even in the lineup the first 2 games after the break and last night? it could have been over with by Saturday...

Principle/Pay/being a man down(regardless if it wouldn't have mattered. Hindsight is 20/20)

Remember the good old days

https://www.theringer.com/mlb/2019/3/13/18263545/houston-astros-starting-pitching-depth-wade-miley-forrest-whitley

The Astros Still Have More Pitchers Than Your Favorite Team

Houston became the best team in baseball by riding stars and depth alike. With three-fifths of last year’s starting rotation gone, that formula may seem broken. It isn’t.

If true more dumbassery:

Former TH South star AJ Reed on being picked up by White Sox "They called me. Said they are really excited to have me. They've been trying to get me in a trade for a couple years, but Astros were asking for to much"

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

If true more dumbassery:

Former TH South star AJ Reed on being picked up by White Sox "They called me. Said they are really excited to have me. They've been trying to get me in a trade for a couple years, but Astros were asking for to much"

A Bucket of hitting balls and a case of natty light is a high price to pay 

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

If true more dumbassery:

I hope he does well.

2 hours ago, Scraps said:

If true more dumbassery:

Too

10 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

https://www.mlb.com/news/luis-castillo-reds-trade-deadline-options

Maybe make Seth Beer as the center piece in a deal if Castillo is actually available. 

Hmmm....supposing an either/or scenario, would you rather keep Tucker, or wait on Beer for a year. Both can play outfield, but Beer can also play 1st (although they haven’t been using him there). We can afford to wait a year at those positions (especially when we are healthy again) but Tucker is further along and may be more of an immediate enticement to get pitching we desperately need now.