2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

Lol.

Y’all complaining about a backup catcher batting below .200.

Let me know how many teams have backup catchers hitting above .200 before we talk about how shitty we are at that roster relative to the rest of the league.

Yeah, most catchers suck at BA in general and it’s always considered a huge bonus to have a “hitter” in that hole. Chirinos is the the closest we’ve had in a while. Gattis was ok for a bit, although he was mostly used as a DH and a backup. So, yeah, I agree expectations for a backup catcher should be next to nothing with regard to hitting. I just think we can do better, or no worse that Stassi for a no. 2

5 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Why are we starting setup men in games now?  Is this what baseball is now?  Is it sabermetrics? Someone break that down for me.

No. We only have 3 viable starters at this point. 

Injuries, AAA guys not ready. 

James or McHugh needs to get back in the rotation and then add whoever we trade for. 

Positives about beaning Pujols:

1. It's Pujols

2. It's Pujols

3. It's Pujols

4. If he decides to charge the mound you can set up, prepare yourself, get a few practice reps in, maybe even stretch it out before he reaches you

5. It's Pujols

6. It's Pujols 

Ausmus/Ramirez comments are so fucking retarded too.  Just own up to it.  Ausmus actually tries to make the argument that since he threw him a strike on the first pitch, that it wasn't intentional.   It can also be insinuated that Ausmus blames Marisnick for not hitting that strike because if he would have then none of this would have happened lol 

"The first pitch was a strike," Ausmus said. "If he swings at it and hits it, we're not even talking about it. It's tough to go to a 1-and-1 count with any intent. Noe is a right-handed pitcher who comes down from the side and sometimes people get hit."

43 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Ausmus/Ramirez comments are so fucking retarded too.  Just own up to it.  Ausmus actually tries to make the argument that since he threw him a strike on the first pitch, that it wasn't intentional.   It can also be insinuated that Ausmus blames Marisnick for not hitting that strike because if he would have then none of this would have happened lol 

"The first pitch was a strike," Ausmus said. "If he swings at it and hits it, we're not even talking about it. It's tough to go to a 1-and-1 count with any intent. Noe is a right-handed pitcher who comes down from the side and sometimes people get hit."

They either suspend Ramirez or they get paid back. The league needs to take control of the situation. You can't allow retaliations. Either the league punishes bad play or it doesn't. 

If there is no suspension by gametime tomorrow, then we start Rondon, Framber, or one of our other fucksticks and let them drill Pujols. Then we bring in Miley for the second inning. If Pujols puts a beat down on the pitcher, then that's a win win for us.

1 minute ago, UTPhil2006 said:

If Cole throws at anyone and gets kicked out I'm fighting our own team.  I'm not watching another abortion of a bullpen game 3 games in a row.

Cole isn't going to pitch a complete game. You wait until one of the garbage middle relievers are in.  Heaney didn't hit Marisnick either in two at bats.  Ramirez did it in relief.