2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

4 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Four days is normal rest for pitchers in a five man rotation.  You know, what 90 percent of MLB teams do for 162 games.   

4 days rest would be the norm for a 5 man  rotation if there were 0 travel days.  Tell me, in how many weeks this year, did the Astros play seven games with no off days?

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

4 days rest would be the norm for a 5 man  rotation if there were 0 travel days.  Tell me, in how many weeks this year, did the Astros play seven games with no off days?

Go ask any starting pitcher, pitching coach, manager, etc. in MLB and ask what normal rest for a starting pitcher is.   To a man they will tell you four days.  Stop trying to prove otherwise.  

3 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Go ask any starting pitcher, pitching coach, manager, etc. in MLB and ask what normal rest for a starting pitcher is.   To a man they will tell you four days.  Stop trying to prove otherwise.  

3 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

It happened a lot. I counted at least five seven plus game stretches in the first three months of the season. Then I stopped counting for obvious reasons.

9 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

4 days rest is normal for the love of god.

Anyways the last time a team swept the division series and won the world series was the 2009 Yankees vs the hapless Minnesota Twins

I actually think either the Rays or Astros beat the Yankees. Twins didn't even show up.