2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, Mo Horn said:

You should probably quit while you only sound like a regular idiot. 

Whatever. All y'all fuckers thought JV was gonna come out and be his regular self tonight. 

I hope Cole comes out strong in game 5, but y'all have been steadily wrong thus far. I hope you're finally right. 

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

One travel day?  In this entire season, did Cole start a game 3 games after his last start?

Nope, you couldn't quit. Let me help... he pitched Saturday. Sunday is day 1, Monday is day 2, Tuesday is day 3, Wednesday is day 4, Thursday is game day. That's 4 days rest. 

9 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Since 1995 there have been 120 starts by pitchers on 3 days of rest or less they are 30-44 with a 4.58 ERA. Sometimes they answer the bell but more often than not they run out of gas early.

This combined with the Rays emptying the pen today against our slumping offense does not bode well which then means Cole goes in Game 5 and we are starting the ALCS off with Greinke.

Urquidy better fucking pitch today.....

Good call.

Just now, kevwun said:

Can you count to 4?

Game 2 Cole. 3 and 4, these abortions. 5 Cole again.

Cole will have exactly one more day rest than JV had. Tomorrow's travel day. They both had the first travel day. 

And Cole had his highest pitch count ever. Again I hope he is up to the task, but y'all act like it's a given. And y'all were the same people that thought tonight was a given.

• Fuck You 1

Cole will have exactly one more day rest than JV had. Tomorrow's travel day. They both had the first travel day. 

And Cole had his highest pitch count ever. Again I hope he is up to the task, but y'all act like it's a given. And y'all were the same people that thought tonight was a given.

I haven't seen you around here much, and there is probably a reason. You are a moron.

Cole didn’t pitch today. That means he rested today. That means he had an extra two days rest over JV.

And you've moved on to be a first class idiot. The only thing sadder than this game is your inability to understand simple math. 

5 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

And if it isn't, who fucking cares? It's a sport. You'll get over it.

The last time a team needed Game 5 of the division series and went on to win it all was the 2015 Kansas City Royals who needed 5 games to eliminate the Astros.

The last time a team took a 2-0 lead in the division series and seized defeat from the Jaws of Victory was the 2017 Cleveland Indians vs the MFY

Edited by Pimphand

6 minutes ago, Honeysucklerose said:

I haven't seen you around here much, and there is probably a reason. You are a moron.

Cole didn’t pitch today. That means he rested today. That means he had an extra two days rest over JV.

I have 300 or 400 posts here. You're a playoff only fan, I take it. 

He will have one day more rest than JV. They didnt pitch on the same day. JV is pitching on 3 days rest. Cole will pitch on 4 days rest. The only difference is the extra travel day. 

He will have one day more rest than JV. They didnt pitch on the same day. JV is pitching on 3 days rest. Cole will pitch on 4 days rest. The only difference is the extra travel day. 

They play the entire regular season on four days rest. 

Four days is normal rest for pitchers in a five man rotation.  You know, what 90 percent of MLB teams do for 162 games.   

Dude pitchers pitch every fifth day. Cole will be pitching on his fifth day since his last start. What do you not understand about this?

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

What the fuck does that even mean? 

Fondren, you post good stuff but please stop.

This is normal rest for cole.

In the regular season when there are long stretches without an off day, you pitch 5 every 5th day.

That is what Cole would be doing on Thursday...if we weren’t going to win this game 6-4.