Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

I don't like the media going after her because I think what Biden said about this is pretty succinct. If you don't believe him, don't vote for him. If you feel believe all women means just that then don't vote for him. The character assassination is suboptimal. 

13 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I mostly feel sorry for her but I’m starting to get angry after reading her lawyer’s comments.

i feel like she said specifically in the kelly interview that she didn't have anyone representing her, but there sure are several mentions of a lawyer in these stories (and separate stories of her looking for a lawyer previously).

15 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

People who falsely accuse others of sexual assault, while definitely the small minority, do far more harm to the legitimate claims than anything else anyone else does. I put it at around 5 percent or so, give or take. But the harm they do is immeasurable. 

And yet you expect me to believe that 100% of the public accusations against Biden are false?  The numbers don’t support that, sir. 

17 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And yet you expect me to believe that 100% of the public accusations against Biden are false?  The numbers don’t support that, sir. 

Which accusations are you referring to that you think I want you to believe are false? Sir. 

i feel like she said specifically in the kelly interview that she didn't have anyone representing her, but there sure are several mentions of a lawyer in these stories (and separate stories of her looking for a lawyer previously).

The Politco article names him and has multiple quotes from him.

Reached by phone, Reade declined to answer specific questions and referred the matter to her attorney, Douglas Wigdor.

Wigdor argued that Reade’s favorable comments about Biden are no different than how some of Hollywood film producer Harvey Weinstein’s accusers continued to have contact with him even after they said he abused them.

“Sort of like some of the late victims of Harvey Weinstein,” said Wigdor, who has represented several Weinstein accusers. “That is not uncommon.”

The Weinstein jab is particularly gross.

Wigdor took issue with the premise of this article, saying such scrutiny discourages victims of sexual violence from coming forward.

“If the assertion is that someone who has lied to their landlord because they don’t have the money to pay rent so then they lied about a sexual assault, I don’t think that is fair journalism,” Wigdor said in an interview.

After being provided with specific written questions about the allegations made against Reade in this article, Wigdor responded with this statement:

“To this day, Biden has not accounted for his actions other than to say ‘it never happened.’ Biden will not even consent to a review of his records housed at the University of Delaware. Ms. Reade, on the other hand, has answered hundreds of questions and did a sit down hour-long interview with Megyn Kelly,” Wigdor said. “Now, she is being asked to account for prior landlord tenant disputes. Enough is enough. This degrading and irrelevant inquisition does not advance the conversation. Instead, it explains why so many women suffer in silence — for fear of having their life turned upside down and questioned.”

And what happens when you Google his name?

0dd7e4a37c19ff1c3c809c9b5f17d39c.jpg
00134b12693dd881ab744d16437b2471.jpg
f0f55221a068ddd43f28d478f66cb433.jpg

Oh.

33 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I don't like the media going after her because I think what Biden said about this is pretty succinct. If you don't believe him, don't vote for him. If you feel believe all women means just that then don't vote for him. The character assassination is suboptimal. 

You can’t just state a plausibly unbelievable story that you never made public before in the middle of an election campaign and somehow expect people to just roll over and treat you with kid gloves and automatically believe you. That’s not how the world works, nor should it. False accusations are horrible, mainly to the people who have legitimate ones. 

If she really wanted justice then I’m sorry, its way too late for that. She’s in it for the money. 

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

My bad. The internet can be tough to interpret sometimes. 

I knew it when I typed it, especially on a thread like this one. Please don’t call me a russian bot or trump voter from now on like you do to bernie’s best friend. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

Reade and the leftist media said they wanted people to take her allegations seriously and investigate. That's what the journalists for Politico, PBS, and NY Mag are doing.

I'm not particularly happy about the Reade pile on today with these multiple articles painting her in a negative light. But they're doing the job they were asked to do. These aren't op-ed pieces. There was a clear effort to report/research/investigate. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Are you already to the stage where you tacitly admit the facts don’t support you, so instead of continuing to argue the facts, you now just argue people are traitors to the cause if they don’t side with you? 

What facts am I not acknowledging?

Jonathan Chait, a right-wing neo-con who built his career on scolding liberals and the left, said a woman was "lying." That's not an issue of fact, that's the opinion editorializing of a neo-con parroted by liberals.

Words have meanings.

2 hours ago, Orale said:

Wow.  You post paragraphs of diatribes without the least bit of evidence and when someone posts an article that clearly and definitively contradicts your lies you demur like a Trumpkin asking for specifics. What a pussy. 

Trumpkins ask for specifics? lol

Well,  the article says that 60 women who have worked for Biden never ever saw this type of behavior.

And... what? Do victims of assault just tell every same gender person around them about it?

What does his wife say?

Another section says there is no where in the halls of the Senate where this type of brazen behavior could have actually occurred.

People can't be sexually assaulted in risky places? Man, I'm sure that's comforting to the millions of women who have been sexually assaulted in risky places.

Or is there a "no sexual assault here" forcefield covering the entire distance from Biden's office to the gym?

This is not a "fact".

Another section says she was incompetent and fired for that.

And... what? Are incompetent workers never abused?

Besides, this isn't a "fact".

Another employer says she was dishonest and a thief.  Another section says she held herself out as a high level policy staffer who was responsible for high level policy decisions. She was a mail sorter. Another employer says she was manipulative and abusive.

And... what? You aren't finishing any of these arguments.

None of this disproves Reade's accusations. There are no perfect victims. You're just slandering her character on issues not even vaguely related to the facts of what she stated.

Every woman that worked for Biden says he treated them with the highest respect and put them in positions of power when that was still rare on the Hill.

And... what? Do men who treat women with respect never sexually assault other women?

You should stop using words like "facts" for effect. You've got a lot of circumstantial testimony from people with no connection at all to the alleged incidents.

Democrats 2020: The Only Women Who Are Truly Victims Have Been Morally Perfect

25 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

What facts am I not acknowledging?

Jonathan Chait, a right-wing neo-con who built his career on scolding liberals and the left, said a woman was "lying." That's not an issue of fact, that's the opinion editorializing of a neo-con parroted by liberals.

Words have meanings.

Trumpkins ask for specifics? lol

And... what? Do victims of assault just tell every same gender person around them about it?

What does his wife say?

People can't be sexually assaulted in risky places? Man, I'm sure that's comforting to the millions of women who have been sexually assaulted in risky places.

Or is there a "no sexual assault here" forcefield covering the entire distance from Biden's office to the gym?

This is not a "fact".

And... what? Are incompetent workers never abused?

Besides, this isn't a "fact".

And... what? You aren't finishing any of these arguments.

None of this disproves Reade's accusations. There are no perfect victims. You're just slandering her character on issues not even vaguely related to the facts of what she stated.

And... what? Do men who treat women with respect never sexually assault other women?

You should stop using words like "facts" for effect. You've got a lot of circumstantial testimony from people with no connection at all to the alleged incidents.

Democrats 2020: The Only Women Who Are Truly Victims Have Been Morally Perfect

Hush hush... keep quiet.  We got an election to win so pipe down.  Four years from now... yeah, give it your best.

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

Hush hush... keep quiet.  We got an election to win so pipe down.  Four years from now... yeah, give it your best.

Four years from now there will be another Republican demon and again and again and again.

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Reade appears to be crazy as a shithouse rat.

The level of nasty personal invective towards Reade from the peanut gallery here belies a fundamental insecurity with the position you've collectively chosen to take.

It's pretty disgusting, but you'll all reinforce each other like the Trumpkins do on social media, driving each other perpetually more insane. Bama being a clear example

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

The level of nasty personal invective towards Reade from the peanut gallery here belies a fundamental insecurity with the position you've collectively chosen to take.

My previous comment had fuck all to do with Reade.  It was squarely directed at your stupid ass.

Just now, bad_teammate said:

Just escalate it, buddy, you'll feel OK about it if you get mad enough. :)

I'm fine dude, very fine.  I think Biden will be the best President we've had since Bill Clinton who despite recent media hype is still miles better than Obama ever was.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Four years from now there will be another Republican demon and again and again and again.

It's pretty disgusting, but you'll all reinforce each other like the Trumpkins do on social media, driving each other perpetually more insane. Bama being a clear example

That was just a dream.

Tara Reade might be a victim of sexual assault. She might be a liar. She might be a self-serving attention seeker. She might be all three at the same time. 

Reality is we'll never know. It drives Trumpers crazy because Dems are using the same back-peddling, cover-up sorts of tactics to excuse this away -- she's a fraud, it's not credible, there's no proof, etc -- that Trump defenders do for the allegations against him. And just like on the Trump side, few voters are going to stop voting for Biden because of this. Trumpers and Republicans call this behavior two-faced or hypocritical. 

But it's not. When Biden has dozens of accusers, let me know. When Biden states that he grabs unsuspecting and uninterested women by the pussy, let me know. When state leaders have such a solid case of cover-up regarding sexual impropriety that it's being heard by the US Supreme Court, let me know. When Biden openly insults women about their looks, let me know. When Biden has multiple failed marriages and marries an illegal alien 20+ years younger than him, let me know. When Biden says his own daughter is so beautiful that he's consider fucking her, let me know.

And that's just sexual misconduct, some of which is likely illegal and trauma-inducing for victims but most of which is just distasteful and morally repugnant. We haven't even talked about the stuff that matters -- the real, horrifying, nation-ruining shit that Trump has done that not only distinguishes him from Biden but also from any other president in history. So yeah, Reade's accusations aren't really moving the needle for many Dems. 

• Like 9
  • Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Man, you shut up pretty quick.

Sorry for not being online at 2 AM to talk to you, Fudge. It's not because I'm scared of you. :)

Ask me something. I'll answer. :)

1 hour ago, honolulu horn said:

Reality is we'll never know. It drives Trumpers crazy because Dems are using the same back-peddling, cover-up sorts of tactics to excuse this away -- she's a fraud, it's not credible, there's no proof, etc -- that Trump defenders do for the allegations against him. And just like on the Trump side, few voters are going to stop voting for Biden because of this. Trumpers and Republicans call this behavior two-faced or hypocritical. 

Yes.

But it's not. When Biden has dozens of accusers, let me know.

How many accusers did Kavanaugh have?

giphy.gif

But even that is beside the point. What's the appropriate number of women I can sexually assault before it becomes a mark on my character? 3? Maybe like 11 so it's not a "dozen"?

I mean, I get a few practice swings, right??

When Biden states that he grabs unsuspecting and uninterested women by the pussy, let me know. When state leaders have such a solid case of cover-up regarding sexual impropriety that it's being heard by the US Supreme Court, let me know. When Biden openly insults women about their looks, let me know. When Biden has multiple failed marriages and marries an illegal alien 20+ years younger than him, let me know. When Biden says his own daughter is so beautiful that he's consider fucking her, let me know.

LET ME KNOW

Did you hear a swelling musical score as you wrote this?

And that's just sexual misconduct, some of which is likely illegal and trauma-inducing for victims but most of which is just distasteful and morally repugnant. We haven't even talked about the stuff that matters -- the real, horrifying, nation-ruining shit that Trump has done that not only distinguishes him from Biden but also from any other president in history. So yeah, Reade's accusations aren't really moving the needle for many Dems. 

How about Joe building his career off of working with segregationists and the various credit and loan industries? How many lives did him showing that kind of tough leadership show?

Or his vocal and strident support for the Iraq War?

Or his support for NAFTA?

Or his promotion of horrifically racist anti-crime policy?

Or his full-throated screaming for increased mandatory minimums?

Or his perpetuation and escalation of the drug war?

Or his detestable treatment of Anita Hill and rejection of her corroborating witnesses? (Weird... Joe in the early 1990s not taking sexual harassment seriously and abandoned his responsibilities to witnesses and victims... probably not pertinent to anything...)

Fuck Joe Biden. He's a piece of shit. He's less of one than Donald, but he's a piece of shit. I hope he drops out and is replaced by basically any other Democrat without his horrific record.

Joe says not to vote for him if you believe Tara Reade. It's an interesting psychological strategy to just constantly escalate the stakes of an issue and it's a common one for him as an inveterate liar. There's no room for disagreement or discomfort or ambiguity, it's all-in or all-out.

Believe a woman accuser? Fuck you, vote for Trump.
Don't like his immigration ideas? Fuck you, vote for Trump.
Don't like his climate ideas? Fuck you, vote for Trump.
Don't like his gun policy? Fuck you, meet him outside to fight.

And it radicalizes his supporters and whatever-it-is-this-forum-has-become.

It's pathetic to watch happen and even more pathetic to see how blind educated people are to it as it happens to them.

Edited by bad_teammate

12 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Joe says not to vote for him if you believe Tara Reade. It's an interesting psychological strategy to just constantly escalate the stakes of an issue and it's a common one for him as an inveterate liar. There's no room for disagreement or discomfort or ambiguity, it's all-in or all-out.

It's pathetic to watch happen and even more pathetic to see how blind educated people are to it as it happens to them.

I was told Biden didn't have any supporters.  We're not for Biden, we're against (insert aggrieved candidate here).  

40 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Yeah.  This is an insane take.   His answer was perfect and let’s him stay on (relatively) high road.  If you believe Reade, then you think he sexually assaulted someone, and he is stating for the record that voting for someone like that is essentially amoral.

So b_t, if you believe Tara Reade, don’t vote for Biden. It is that simple.  

And the same question should be put to Trump about his accusers.  

I don’t know what I believe, frankly.   Put me in the amoral camp of anyone but Trump, I guess.  I’ve not been thrilled with how the Dems have been using same playbook as GOP did with Kavanaugh.   It’s disconcerting and disappointing.  But recent news indicates she very well may have been a sleeper scandal to spring at the exact right moment.  I’ll listen to her though.  

But circling back - the Pubs that have been #metoo’d the last several years have never (that I recall) made a statement like Biden just made.  

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

What answer to that question would have been acceptable to you?

Stepping down and admitting he did it. Hell, he doesn't need to admit anything. Just step down. Because that's bt's goal through all of this. He only cares about Biden not being the nominee. Even though he'll have an issue with every single option that might replace Biden in some form or fashion. That's why continuing this with him is such an incredible waste of time. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Always comparing Biden's allegation to Kavanaugh's is just really fucking weird. Seems like it's not really about justice for Reade but winning a hypocrisy argument. 

How would I attain justice for Tara Reade? I have no ability to do that.

I can, however, point out the hypocrisy happening among the people I am talking to and, hopefully, convince people to stop being hypocrites and actually take the issues and policies that matter more seriously than their team sports allegiances. Because if we, as voters, buy our own bullshit we end up with exactly what we have in front of us right now.

Just now, A-Tex Devil said:

Yeah.  This is an insane take.   His answer was perfect and let’s him stay on (relatively) high road.  If you believe Reade, then you think he sexually assaulted someone, and he is stating for the record that voting for someone like that is essentially amoral.

1) Joe Biden's stating anything doesn't mean much to me because he's a lying, sundowning fool.

2) Let's say Republican X has a spotless record with women but wants to cut social welfare programs and kick millions more off of healthcare. And he's running against Democrat X who is a known sex creep with a few credible accusers and a lifetime of other rumors, but will expand social welfare to the needy and put everyone onto quality healthcare rolls.

Is it "essentially amoral" to vote for Democrat X? No. Of course not. Absolute horseshit. Voting for the rapist is the proper moral choice in that circumstance (as it is in Biden v Trump).

So b_t, if you believe Tara Reade, don’t vote for Biden.

Let's extrapolate this out...

So you, for some inexplicable reason, take Grandpa Joe's view on this seriously and literally everyone who believes her story doesn't vote for him and he loses... what do we make of those people who didn't vote for him? Be honest.

How are they talked about? How are they treated?

Joe Biden is like a little child who, when you catch him taking a cookie and scold him screams, "WELL I GUESS YOU HATE ME FOREVER!"

A mature and intelligent response would not be to escalate things. But he's a lifelong liar and confabulator, so he does what he does. Build bridges instead of burn them, isnt that the whole point here? Wasn't that what we were told?

Or are we just building bridges towards the right?

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Stepping down and admitting he did it. Hell, he doesn't need to admit anything. Just step down. Because that's bt's goal through all of this. He only cares about Biden not being the nominee. Even though he'll have an issue with every single option that might replace Biden in some form or fashion. That's why continuing this with him is such an incredible waste of time. 

This is true.

And it absolutely is a waste of time to engage with me if it bothers you emotionally or if you only want a strong daddy to believe in and don't like being critical. I agree. :)

9 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

What answer to that question would have been acceptable to you?

---------------------
O'Donnell: "What do you say to women who were ready to vote for Joe Biden, eager to vote for Joe Biden but this gives them serious pause because they do believe Tara Reade and you're not going to change their mind about that. What would you say to them about their vote?"

Biden: "Well, I think they should vote their heart," Biden responded. "If they believe Tara Reade, they probably shouldn't vote for me. I wouldn't vote for me if I believed Tara Reade. Look at Tara Reade's story. It changes considerably."

"I promise you, it never happened," Biden said. "Follow the storyline and determine whether there is any truth to it, and there is no truth to it. I promise you."
---------------------

He draws a hard line in the sand then attacks Reade's credibility. He shouldn't do either one of those things.

I mean, he SHOULD do exactly that to win, because being divisive works really well in politics. It's a winning strategy and it works very well as you can see from him winning the primary and the way people here became Biden apologists so emotionally and forcefully. "You're either with us or against us" is a great way to galvanize. Being defensive and petty is a winner.

But what I would want from a mature and intelligent leader of a broad tent party? He shouldn't divide and draw lines like that. He shouldn't immediately go on the attack after demanding you choose a side.

A good answer from a leader I would respect would be to (1) leave Reade out of it entirely, she's going to lose because the system is designed for women to lose, so just keep her name out of your mouth and let the media and public destroy her and (2) actually reach out to people who you can win over instead of telling them to eat shit. Tell them that they may not believe you but you're going to fight for them and that you hope you can win them over and join with them.

Watch Elizabeth Warren desperately try to advocate for dying, struggling, drowning families and Joe just smugly and condescendingly try to shut her down and distract her as he does the bidding of the wealthy and powerful.

An absolutely irredeemable piece of shit.

That video has been circulating for a while. I thought that you wouldn't vote for Biden because you falsely assert he would veto M4A? Or because of Tara Reade? 

Is it now because of a video that has been shared for at least a year on political Twitter? And you realize Biden and Warren are allies now, right?

Focus. 

55 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Watch Elizabeth Warren desperately try to advocate for dying, struggling, drowning families and Joe just smugly and condescendingly try to shut her down and distract her as he does the bidding of the wealthy and powerful.

An absolutely irredeemable piece of shit.

WTF does this have to do with anything?  She has already endorsed him and would say yes to his VP slot.  You're more angry about this than she is. 

What's your purpose?

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden