Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

Just now, henrygandorf said:

doing this is making some around here question her credibility. 

Yeah sure, fine, whatever. Doubters going to find ways to doubt. That's not my question.

My question is this: Is there substance to this concern?

I know you can tell me that people doubt. Thank you. Can you tell me whether or not YOU believe those concerns are credible?

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Yeah sure, fine, whatever. Doubters going to find ways to doubt. That's not my question.

My question is this: Is there substance to this concern?

I know you can tell me that people doubt. Thank you. Can you tell me whether or not YOU believe those concerns are credible?

i've already stated my personal opinion on this thread, multiple times.  i've said every time that i believe her story, and that something ~ this probably happened, but i have doubts about their existing relationship and the level of consent.  i've been saying this since the beginning, and the following have zero impact on my opinion of her story:

-her feelings about bernie

-her feelings about putin

-her feelings about russia

-any erratic behavior she's shown through the years

-any family member or other source's story's consistency

-my feelings about biden

-my feelings about trump

-the fact that i was a steadfast republican until 3 days ago

-cancelling fox news interviews

-cancelling cnn interviews

-doing a megyn kelly interview (that i have not watched)

i can only speak for myself, and it doesn't concern me.  but i understand how it could damage her credibility in the eyes of others, most likely a form of confirmation bias.  i would never attack anyone for stating this this concern.  i think it's viable.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

the suspicions are that she's not being truthful.  nothing has been proven (or ever will be likely) about who is or isn't telling the truth, 

when there is an alleged act like this between two adults with no direct witnesses, what does proof consist of? 

If she failed to file a police report at the time of the alleged sexual assault, and limited the behavior in her only written report or claim to her employer, what exactly would ever sway your opinion? 

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I can't believe there are folks who still don't have bt on ignore. 

I can't believe you aren't very ~*~*~*concerned~*~*~ about this flimsy allegation by a lady who loves Russia and who only came forward with these allegations AFTER Biden had already won the nomination....

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Well then don't fucking hire lawyers who worked for russian propaganda sites.

And Harvey Weinstein victims. 

Wait. Maybe that was Russia too?

Fuck that might actually make sense.

hillary-harvey.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

Edited by Anastasis

52 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I kinda love the fact that there is ALWAYS a Russia angle to conjure. 

Joe Biden is handsy, allegedly assaulty? RUSSIA!

I know. It’s almost as if the lunatics around here have this crazy idea that Russia would ever interfere in our politics or conduct smear campaigns against an American political candidate. So far fetched! 

10 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I know. It’s almost as if the lunatics around here have this crazy idea that Russia would ever interfere in our politics or conduct smear campaigns against an American political candidate. So far fetched! 

Right.  And they are probably behind the Weinstein accusations as well, given the common legal representation, it makes perfect sense.  Really calls into question just how far the Slavic tentacles reach into American social and political movements. The whole #metoo movement has many of the hallmarks of a Russian active measures campaign, intended to sow social divisiveness and discord. And Weinstein accusations were just one facet, but a particularly notable one. That the lawyers driving the most high profile cases have clear and direct ties directly to Putin's propaganda arm says it all.[/totallynormalshit]

I mean, some of you guys have already taken the first few steps in that journey.  Might as well get Hugo here to help you land the plane. 

Edited by Anastasis

52 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I kinda love the fact that there is ALWAYS a Russia angle to conjure. 

Joe Biden is handsy, allegedly assaulty? RUSSIA!

For anyone not aware, Reade wrote several pieces praising Russia and Putin in 2018/2019 at the same time she stopped praising Biden on her social media accounts.  Below is the one she wrote in November 2018 that provides the biggest question marks about her motives. What was her motive in writing that piece?  

https://web.archive.org/web/20190404043945/https://medium.com/@shewrites94/why-a-liberal-democrat-supports-vladimir-putin-f54ca2a3a405

Some of her notable quotes:

President Putin’s genius is his judo ability to conserve his own energy and let the opponents flail, using up their energy, while he gains position.

President Putin has an alluring combination of strength with gentleness.

His sensuous image projects his love for life, the embodiment of grace while facing adversity.

President Putin’s obvious reverence for women, children and animals, and his ability with sports is intoxicating to American women.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Right.  And they are probably behind the Weinstein accusations as well, given the common legal representation, it makes perfect sense.  Really calls into question just how far the Slavic tentacles reach into American social and political movements. The whole #metoo movement has many of the hallmarks of a Russian active measures campaign, intended to sow social divisiveness and discord. And Weinstein accusations were just one facet, but a particularly notable one. That the lawyers driving the most high profile cases have clear and direct ties directly to Putin's propaganda arm says it all.[/totallynormalshit]

I mean, some of you guys have already taken the first few steps in that journey.  Might as well get Hugo here to help you land the plane. 

That’s a pretty long-winded straw man. This particular lady pivoted to fawning praise of Putin out of left fucking field. Whether Russia is behind her changing story or is just waiting I the wings to amplify it across their social networks, I have no idea. But your implication that it’s far fetched that Russia would be involved in a smear campaign against a Trump opponent is fucking stupid.  

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

That’s a pretty long-winded straw man. This particular lady pivoted to fawning praise of Putin out of left fucking field. Whether Russia is behind her changing story or is just waiting I the wings to amplify it across their social networks, I have no idea. But your implication that it’s far fetched that Russia would be involved in a smear campaign against a Trump opponent is fucking stupid.  

It wasn't intended to be a straw man to strike down.  Moreso a mocking of where this train could logically end once the Russia Russia Russia bunch gets fully engaged.

As I said, we've already taken the first few steps. "Lawyer is an agent of Russian propaganda." "Pivot to Putinphilia." "Russian smear campaign not farfetched."  It just needs somebody to post some really rich twitter shit to pop it off. I'll give it a shot to get the ball rolling.

Edited by Anastasis

56 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

And Harvey Weinstein victims. 

Wait. Maybe that was Russia too?

Fuck that might actually make sense.

hillary-harvey.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1

Douglas Wigdon was the attorney for the Weinstein victims. William Moran is the attorney who worked for Sputnik. They are not the same person.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

For anyone not aware, Reade wrote several pieces praising Russia and Putin in 2018/2019 at the same time she stopped praising Biden on her social media accounts.  Below is the one she wrote in November 2018 that provides the biggest question marks about her motives. What was her motive in writing that piece?  

https://web.archive.org/web/20190404043945/https://medium.com/@shewrites94/why-a-liberal-democrat-supports-vladimir-putin-f54ca2a3a405

President Putin’s genius is his judo ability to conserve his own energy and let the opponents flail, using up their energy, while he gains position.

His sensuous image projects his love for life, the embodiment of grace while facing adversity.

President Putin’s obvious reverence for women, children and animals, and his ability with sports is intoxicating to American women.

These reek of a person who will say anything for money.

5 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Douglas Wigdon was the attorney for the Weinstein victims. William Moran is the attorney who worked for Sputnik. They are not the same person.

But the Russian conspiracy tale is so much more entertaining if we act like they are the same person. 

1 hour ago, GW Hayduke said:

Obviously her motive was to make her claims against Biden more credible.  Wait, what?  Alas, Putin may have miscalculated on this one.

8 minutes ago, WBT said:

Obviously her motive was to make her claims against Biden more credible.  Wait, what?  Alas, Putin may have miscalculated on this one.

One possibility, she was simply an outlet for russian propaganda in 2018/19 pushing out pro-russian narratives, and then recently switched to taking on the role of accusing Biden of assault.  

We do need to see who was funding her pro-russian content in 2018/2019 and who is funding her now.  Ideally, the FBI would analyze her bank accounts, etc.

Just now, StassneyHorn said:

Well my first assumption would lead to me thinking she was hard up for money. Considering the check fraud.

Alleged check fraud, but... what does her being hard up for money in the early 1990s have to do with the allegations?

My inability to stay in a scene aside, I'll be interested to hear takeaways from the interview. It's a lot of stuff, but I found it compelling and I'm not really sure how these conspiracy theories survive seeing a normal human responding normally. Grand, elaborate conspiracies built on dehumanizing an individual tend to weaken when the target is humanized.

7 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

It's long, but it's a good interview.

Clip:

"I will take one (polygraph) if Joe Biden takes one."

Why does she need BIden to take one before she does?

Oh right, I forgot. She’s a completely full of shit. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

For Dirk Diggler, the future is something to look forward to, not to fear . . . He is a creative man of many interests . . . film, poetry, karate, music, dance . . . He is a man of passion and mystery . . . He's a man of lust.

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Open character assassination. 

How does this information "paint a different picture", specifically?

you know "message board user" didn't author that tweet, right?  i've walked into this before - trying to explain my take to you on what someone else says, and it took about 12 posts to untangle myself from that spider web.  no thanks.

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden