Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

5 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Can someone explain why the O'Donnel thing is being used to discredit Reade's claim? Because they're all women?

?

At this point, O'Donnell and her niece's accusations are so transparently feeble and easily debunk-able that I'm almost convinced they're actually secretly working FOR Biden.

I'm not quite convinced of this theory yet, but at this rate, it wouldn't shock me to see another come along next week and say that Joe Biden forcibly sniffed her panties at a campaign stop on the moon in 1941, one year before his birth.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

my post wasn't a concern, it was a factual observation.

"factual"

This is the problem with your incessant refereeing-but-never-actually-standing-for-beliefs approach to commentary. You confuse "common sense" with "fact" when they are wildly different things. Common sense is often wrong, especially when it comes to issues involving disadvantaged people because in those cases, "common sense" IS the problem. So when you're restating "common sense" as if it is "factual", you're actively perpetuating the harmful myth.

One woman lying about sexual assault does not hurt other women claiming to have been sexually assaulted. That isn't true. It's not "common sense". Over the course of history, millions of women have falsely reported abuse of various kinds, yet we still evaluate each woman's claim independently.

Answer this truthfully: Do you think anyone here was moved on their opinion of the Reade allegation because of the O'Donnell thing?

The answer is an obvious no. There is no purpose in tying it in with the Reade accusation other than to try and discredit Reade.

You're just flat-out wrong in your punditry and using the word "factual" doesn't make it solid or true.

19 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

"factual"

This is the problem with your incessant refereeing-but-never-actually-standing-for-beliefs approach to commentary. You confuse "common sense" with "fact" when they are wildly different things. Common sense is often wrong, especially when it comes to issues involving disadvantaged people because in those cases, "common sense" IS the problem. So when you're restating "common sense" as if it is "factual", you're actively perpetuating the harmful myth.

One woman lying about sexual assault does not hurt other women claiming to have been sexually assaulted. That isn't true. It's not "common sense". Over the course of history, millions of women have falsely reported abuse of various kinds, yet we still evaluate each woman's claim independently.

Answer this truthfully: Do you think anyone here was moved on their opinion of the Reade allegation because of the O'Donnell thing?

The answer is an obvious no. There is no purpose in tying it in with the Reade accusation other than to try and discredit Reade.

You're just flat-out wrong in your punditry and using the word "factual" doesn't make it solid or true.

verbal diarrhea > admitting you were wrong

textbook bt. 

common sense says you’re a windbag troll hoping to seem woke. others around here would probably argue that assumption into a fact. 

19 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

"factual"

I represent women all the time who have been sexually assaulted. I would say probably 90-95 percent of them are telling the truth. Most women don’t ever come forward with it.

The problem is I can’t prove 90-95 percent of them are telling the truth. If its somewhat close in time I sometimes can, but not allegations made during a time when a movie like Revenge of the Nerds was made. Because sexual assault is inherently a personal one on one encounter, with not witnesses or  usually any other forms of proof, especially if 20-30 years have gone by.

The allegations against both Kavenaugh and Biden cannot be proven, ever. Because of the reasons listed above. The fact that you trumpet the allegations against Biden simply shows that you don’t want him to be president, they don’t prove they happened, nothing more. And they never will. 

You are simply believing them because you want trump to win. Sorry, but it won’t work no matter how many Gifs you post on this board about it. 

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

common sense says you’re a windbag troll hoping to seem woke. others around here would probably argue that assumption into a fact. 

"Others around here" is a bunch of lifelong conservatives who thought the Iraq War was a cool idea and only realized conservatism was bad when the dumb Christians got too much power in the party so their "common sense" is not something I would conflate with "factual".

And you shouldn't conflate those two things, either.

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

The allegations against both Kavenaugh and Biden cannot be proven, ever. Because of the reasons listed above. The fact that you trumpet the allegations against Biden simply shows that you don’t want him to be president, they don’t prove they happened, nothing more. And they never will. 

The only reason to defend women speaking up about sexual assault is if you want something out of it?

Very lawyerly of you.

9 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

I represent women all the time who have been sexually assaulted. I would say probably 90-95 percent of them are telling the truth. Most women don’t ever come forward with it.

The problem is I can’t prove 90-95 percent of them are telling the truth. If its somewhat close in time I sometimes can, but not allegations made during a time when a movie like Revenge of the Nerds was made. Because sexual assault is inherently a personal one on one encounter, with not witnesses or  usually any other forms of proof, especially if 20-30 years have gone by.

You are simply believing them because you want trump to win. Sorry, but it won’t work no matter how many Gifs you post on this board about it. 

That’s an absurd take.

Now do Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh and the trumpeting of her claims. Also do the alleged Trump victims. 

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The dirtbag left attempting to burn Biden down even after Bernie endorsed was completely unforeseeable. 

This is about the movement, not the candidate*!!

*Unless we are discussing VP selection, and then I will write a small novel explaining why a 78 year old white man is the only appropriate choice to be VP for a 77 year old white man.

26 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This is about the movement, not the candidate*!!

*Unless we are discussing VP selection, and then I will write a small novel explaining why a 78 year old white man is the only appropriate choice to be VP for a 77 year old white man.

lol people think this was about bernie, they’ll never understand!

but yeah, biden needs to appeal to younger voters, and the only way to do that is to tap him as vp because maybe this is about bernie?

9 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Read that over the weekend..... Click bait!!!!  I admit, I rolled my eyes.

But if it still sounds too ridiculous to contemplate, that’s because, according to George Washington University law professor Jonathan Turley, it is. As MacKinnon’s piece racked up clicks over the weekend, Turley said there’s very little chance such an idea would ever be seriously considered.

“However, it is the fantasy element that is most striking in the current discussion,” Turley wrote in a blog post on Sunday. “There is a bottomless cavity in coverage for such theories that allow either the removal (or incarceration) of Trump or the return of figures like Obama.”

Edited by Patrick Bateman

19 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

So I know the Russia angle to all of this is cringeworthy and tiresome, but in all seriousness what the fuck is this?

i'm definitely not going to spend any time watching that, but i can see the caption that says "it's just disgusting, seeing how the press does the pr work of the campaign."  i don't know how other countries view the relationship that donald trump has with the american press (both good and bad), but it should shock absolutely nobody that the cnn/msnbc's of the world are actively working against him and his interests.

you shouldn't have to do what oann does to avoid getting battered with childish nicknames on the daily presidential twitter parade.  that's how freedom of the press slowly fades away in a society.

• Like 1

Senate giving Biden the Heisman, won't look for the complaint...say they aren't allowed because of privacy rules.

EXMCu3SWsAA98OD?format=png&name=medium

But Biden's team went straight back on offense.

EXMAQwoXsAQaWQw?format=png&name=4096x409

Reminds me of all the times Trump has tirelessly pushed for his records to be released.

8 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Senate giving Biden the Heisman, won't look for the complaint...say they aren't allowed because of privacy rules.

EXMCu3SWsAA98OD?format=png&name=medium

But Biden's team went straight back on offense.

EXMAQwoXsAQaWQw?format=png&name=4096x409

Reminds me of all the times Trump has tirelessly pushed for his records to be released.

Generally, this is how innocent people act. 

Who is pushing for Bernie as VP?? Is that a thing?

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

So I know the Russia angle to all of this is cringeworthy and tiresome, but in all seriousness what the fuck is this?

From what I can tell, it's an interview between two non-Russians not talking about Russia.

Also, Halper is 100% correct on all of those points:
- FOX is PR for Trump.
- CNN/MSNBC is PR for Biden.
- Democrats have drowned #MeToo/#BelieveWomen in the bathtub like woke versions of Andrea Yates.
- Democrats re: Reade are identical to Republicans re: Ford.
- Liberals are heavily motivated by bourgeois class signifiers, because they actually are as blinkered and elitist as Republicans accuse them of being. Democrats can rape trailer trash all day long, but don't you fucking dare touch a professor.

Galloway was a huge detractor of the push to war in Iraq, which is probably a reason new liberals /reformed neo-cons distrust him. Opposition to the eternal war machine is evidence of (((Russian))) sympathies to the neo-cons.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Also, Halper is 100% correct on all of those points:
- FOX is PR for Trump.
- CNN/MSNBC is PR for Biden.
- Democrats have drowned #MeToo/#BelieveWomen in the bathtub like woke versions of Andrea Yates.
- Democrats re: Reade are identical to Republicans re: Ford.
- Liberals are heavily motivated by bourgeois class signifiers, because they actually are as blinkered and elitist as Republicans accuse them of being. Democrats can rape trailer trash all day long, but don't you fucking dare touch a professor.

Seek help. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Seek help. 

Seek knowledge.

Juanita Broaddrick
Paula Jones
Gennifer Flowers
Kathleen Willey
Monica Lewinsky
Leslie Milwee

"narcissistic looney" - Hillary
"You drag $100 bills through trailer parks -- there's no tellin' what you'll find. - Carville
"failed cabaret singer with not much of a resume to fall back on" - Hillary
"bimbo eruption" - Betsy Wright

Our history on this is fucking terrible and we're correcting it by doing the exact same thing.

(lol remember when Gillibrand said recently that Clinton should have resigned the presidency?)

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Seek knowledge.

Juanita Broaddrick
Paula Jones
Gennifer Flowers
Kathleen Willey
Monica Lewinsky
Leslie Milwee

"narcissistic looney" - Hillary
"You drag $100 bills through trailer parks -- there's no tellin' what you'll find. - Carville
"failed cabaret singer with not much of a resume to fall back on" - Hillary
"bimbo eruption" - Betsy Wright

Our history on this is fucking terrible and we're correcting it by doing the exact same thing.

(lol remember when Gillibrand said recently that Clinton should have resigned the presidency?)

If there's one thing I'm sure about regarding Tara Reade, it's that you don't really give a shit about her. She is a pawn in a political game. You are just as bad as the establishment Dems that automatically side with Joe for political expedience. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

If there's one thing I'm sure about regarding Tara Reade, it's that you don't really give a shit about her. She is a pawn in a political game.

If that's true, what is the "political game" I am playing in supporting Blasey-Ford and all of Trump's accusers in addition to the women accusing Democrats?

Is my game "fuck all established parties and powerful men"? Because maybe you're onto something with that one.

I'm going to guess "Bernie", even though Bernie himself is supporting Biden and has nothing to gain from any of this, because you guys literally can't think of anything on a level above the most recent tribal conflicts.

You are just as bad as the establishment Dems that automatically side with Joe for political expedience. 

While I sympathize with what you are trying to get across here, I don't think it makes any sense in its own terms.

Establishment Dems are automatically siding with an accused rapist and I'm automatically siding with someone who, at absolute worst, is falsely accusing someone of rape. And if you equate those two in any way, I'll send you your own free Pepe mask and MAGA hat.

2 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

At least, that’s what it was supposed to be. Somehow in just a few years, the rallying cry “Believe Women” has become “Believe ALL Women.” And that has become a problem.

https://medium.com/@SallyAlbright/trapped-in-our-own-net-2020-20f4d50f19a8

Loving these Medium articles from Twitter grifters like the Krassensteins and Sally Albright.

20 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

And what’s to stop them from bringing forth another woman to lie on Biden, and then another, and then another? Then what? Do we have to believe the second because we believed the first? If we don’t care about the truth, why not? If we don’t stop this, it will never stop.

Update: This already happened. Christine O’Donnell’s niece has accused Biden of something that happened at the 2008 Gridiron Dinner when she was 14. Problem is, Biden was recovering from surgery and did not attend the dinner.

my bad guys.  this is on me.

36 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

At least, that’s what it was supposed to be. Somehow in just a few years, the rallying cry “Believe Women” has become “Believe ALL Women.” And that has become a problem.

https://medium.com/@SallyAlbright/trapped-in-our-own-net-2020-20f4d50f19a8

Good article. Everyone should read. Of note was her blast at the Bernie Bros’ attempt to highjack the MeToo movement for their political gains, which will weaken that movement in the future. Shameful when you stop and think about it

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Good article. Everyone should read. Of note was her blast at the Bernie Bros’ attempt to highjack the MeToo movement for their political gains, which will weaken that movement in the future. Shameful when you stop and think about it

Yes, when you stop to think about how easily you guys are roped in by idiot grifters with obvious mental disorders, it is shameful.

lol absolute fucking morons

6DAD1F7E-F0B6-4AD0-986B-85FC070AB41E.jpg

EFu2JwMWkAc8Plf.png

EFu1wbdXoAEjvla.png

by idiot grifters with obvious mental disorders

you say obvious.  is it a fact?  is it common sense?  or is it your opinion based on evidence, therefore you mislabel it "obvious"?

the problem is that when a subset of people consider something "obvious" again and again, it works against the other parts of the society who continue to fight that notion, not to mention actual diagnosed mental patients.

when you label things as "obvious", what you're trying to say is that you think it is that way.  it shows zero regard for anyone else who's showing honest attempts to consume information on their own.  what you're doing is exactly like saying it's "obvious" asians are bad drivers, jews are cheap, and black people like fried chicken.  the fact that you don't realize how racist and disrespectful you are in your day-to-day life is a huge part of your problem.

Just now, henrygandorf said:

you say obvious.  is it a fact?  is it common sense?  or is it your opinion based on evidence, therefore you mislabel it "obvious"?

lol here we go

the problem is that when a subset of people consider something "obvious" again and again, it works against the other parts of the society who continue to fight that notion, not to mention actual diagnosed mental patients.

Using irony to mock the defense of disadvantaged people and victims by equating it to the casual mockery of the powerful? 

You think you're clever for doing what 4chan kids have been doing for years.

1309641.jpg?b64lines=RGlnIHVwLCBzdHVwaWQ

lol here we go

Using irony to mock the defense of disadvantaged people and victims by equating it to the casual mockery of the powerful? 

You think you're clever for doing what 4chan kids have been doing for years.

1309641.jpg?b64lines=RGlnIHVwLCBzdHVwaWQ

Biden grifters are heavily dependent on gaslighting as they continue their crusade to replace working class voters in the Democratic Party with suburban Republicans. 

Time for the Biden folk to concentrate on beating trump - and steer away from beating up their base. But everyone knows the old adage - "Republicans fear their base, and Democrats hate theirs."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

nah, just mocking you because you're an asshole.

Nah, it's deeper than that, henry.

"the derailment of this thread into the lectures about sexual assault victims, while a worthy topic for another thread, really only exists here to shame the unwoke.  fucking spare me.  i'll pull the lever for joe biden in november and i will lose no sleep over it."

You've got a larger problem with progressives stemming from an easily-offended social conservatism that's a cousin to what turns younger white males into Internet Pepes.

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Nah, it's deeper than that, henry.

"the derailment of this thread into the lectures about sexual assault victims, while a worthy topic for another thread, really only exists here to shame the unwoke.  fucking spare me.  i'll pull the lever for joe biden in november and i will lose no sleep over it."

You've got a larger problem with progressives stemming from an easily-offended social conservatism that's a cousin to what turns younger white males into Internet Pepes.

nah, it really isn't.  i'm pretty sure i know my own intent.

yesterday, your gymnastics routine to avoid admitting that you misinterpreted a comment i made likely left your joints sore today.  you moved the goal posts on every reply, which is absolutely expected from you and par for the course.  that's how we keep score.  we're used to it.

i never attacked reade or her story, so i paid little mind to your lectures.  but make no mistake, they were lectures meant to shame.  the fact that you see any mention by any person (including me) as 'not enough' or 'contributing to the problem' is in itself, the problem.  and like i said, there are worthy conversations to be had, but they don't belong on this thread, unless you're using them, well, the way you're using them.

i've made it clear, as have others, that joe biden is not my ideal candidate.  i've also made it clear that i don't care.  i can see the forest and the trees, friendo.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

[The Dem Establishment has] a larger problem with progressives stemming from an easily-offended social conservatism that's a cousin to what turns younger white males into Internet Pepes.

The Dem leadership understands that problem; their "marks" have no idea what you are talking about because of confirmation bias. 

There is a tiny thread of cognitive dissonance that provides a lifeline back to reality, but I am not sure a progressive can access it. The animosity is too great. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i'm pretty sure i know my own intent.

This is kind of the crux of it, isn't it?

It's what I was getting at by comparing your ~*~*~ optics ~*~*~ punditry approach to the white person scolding blacks for acting up not because the scolder is racist, but because others are racist. The "I know what's in my heart" thing is what the white women calling the cops on black kids selling water say in their weeping apologies after the Internet yells at them.

Your routine is "Look I believe the accuser, but let me go ahead and give credence to all these people casting doubt on the accuser and joining in the gangbang against the only person actively defending the accuser."

12 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

but make no mistake, they were lectures meant to shame.

No disagreement there, but you're paring some important context.

"...really only exists here to shame the unwoke..."

1 - I genuinely believe Tara Reade and find the attacks against her just as disgusting as I found the attacks against Blasey-Ford. By saying I'm only arguing this out of personal vendetta against individuals here you're only revealing that the political is ONLY personal to you. It's only tribal battles with no larger values or issues to think about or spar over.

2 - Perhaps there's a misunderstanding about what "woke" means in how each of us is using it, but "woke" culture is actually the problem here. I'm not shaming conservative Republicans in this thread, I'm shaming people who embrace woke culture and identity politics. My lens on ALL of this shit is power and class, always. What I'm shaming incessantly is the defense of power and class. I don't care how "woke" anyone is.

and like i said, there are worthy conversations to be had, but they don't belong on this thread

What is this thread for if not a discussion of allegations involving Joe Biden? People just saying, "I'm voting for Joe!" and "I am, too!" over and over?

i've made it clear, as have others, that joe biden is not my ideal candidate.  i've also made it clear that i don't care.  i can see the forest and the trees, friendo.

OK... so? Did someone tell you not to vote for him? What are you talking about?

We've got how many more months of this shit? 

I'm going to need some evidence of Sally Albright being a rat fucker before I take your word for it. 

And you two Bernie bros are goddamn annoying. Neither one of you has a clue about me or my political background but you're awfully certain you do. You are doing the same thing that Rex does when he dismisses Brisket. 

You talk about the base? The base is why Bernie lost. It ain't you two. It's black people mostly. And he got no where fast. He didn't even try. Fuck it. As if you are going to listen. Been over this a dozen damn times. He lost and lost big. 

I don't believe Obama overlooked his past. I don't think they have anything else to throw at him. Y'all are bitter that no one wants to recognize the Greatness of Bernie. Tell it to someone that gives a damn. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I'm going to need some evidence of Sally Albright being a rat fucker before I take your word for it. 

I mean, just investigate on your own and draw your own conclusions.  Don’t take my word for it.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

Question for the hangry progressives. Does Bernie or Biden give you a better Dem turnout across 50 states in a redistricting year?  Who helps gain more power in state legislatures that draw seats for state and federal elections? A wider tent for Biden does that, it does not do that with Bernie.

Edited by StassneyHorn

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden