Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

This is Biden’s Benghazi 

Well it’s definitely the next piece of shit they’re trying to fling in hope that it sticks. And I’m not saying this allegation is shit or false, just that they’ve been trying to get something to stick for a long time and this is the next thing on their list. Seems like it’s gotten a bit more traction than other stuff, but I can’t believe they’ll “get him” with sexual assault considering the alternative is Trump. We’ll see, but I imagine they’ll be on to their next idea within a couple weeks.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

... her neighbor mentioned Reade spoke to her about it but won't do interviews ...

Why do you guys lie so much about this story? It's like being in a TexAgs QAnon thread.

This was already posted in this thread.

5 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:
this just ain't passing the smell test 

How many times did Ford's accusations come up as Kavanaugh moved up the ranks?

And it doesn't matter how many times you guys post different Obama figures saying they didn't find anything. That is the police investigating itself.

4 hours ago, HenryJames said:

We live in the dumbest time.

We're condemning one centered around no evidence and a changing story to another with a habit of paying non-disclosure agreements. Republicans are hoping to make the comparison with Kavanaugh because he's the only leg they have to stand on but Brett isn't running for president.   

Edited by Mdhorn

11 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Why do you guys lie so much about this story? It's like being in a TexAgs QAnon thread.

This was already posted in this thread.

How many times did Ford's accusations come up as Kavanaugh moved up the ranks?

And it doesn't matter how many times you guys post different Obama figures saying they didn't find anything. That is the police investigating itself.

Recently the neighbor has been asked, hell, every station/reporter wants to talk with her but she won't.  Maybe the price isn't high enough, I don't know.  She'd probably have her own book deal.  

And it's not like the police are investigating themselves?  That's strange, I'm pretty sure they vet all of their prospective candidates.  And so does any job that requires security clearance.  

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This pretty much encapsulates their entire cognitive dissonance reality.  It's quite breathtaking.

It’s the same shit that allows them to wear “Blue Lives Matter” shirts and assault cops. 

15 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

And it's not like the police are investigating themselves?  That's strange, I'm pretty sure they vet all of their prospective candidates.  And so does any job that requires security clearance.  

But the Deep State!!11!1

12 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

I like Warren but how would Biden hurt his chances by taking Harris?  

It’s not so much that he would hurt his chances by picking Harris, it’s that he would help his chances so much more by picking Warren.  I’m incredibly biased here but poll after poll has Warren as the voters favorite for him to pick.  Maybe go with what your voters want and just win?!? I dunno, I’m almost counting on the Democrats to fuck this up Tim Kaine style. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

If Mass. had a D Gov. that would be fine. They don't, so no fucking deal. Warren needs to stay put. 

The Mass governor is actually pretty moderate and supported impeaching the dotard.  But I still think it's risky.

30 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Recently the neighbor has been asked, hell, every station/reporter wants to talk with her but she won't.

1) Do you have evidence of this or are you just stacking lies on top of lies in an attempt to cast doubt on a potential sexual assault victim's story?

2) "Won't do interviews" doesn't describe what you're talking about. Someone turning down some interviews after doing at least one interview isn't someone who "won't do interviews". You were trying to make it seem like she won't talk to anyone, which is bullshit and you should stop lying about this. Just let it go. The people you hate lost. You're winning. Congratulations, take the win. You don't need to help destroy a potential rape victim to make yourself feel better about your victory.

One thing I'm noticing is that poster-class Republicans have always been morally bankrupt so they're kind of steady in their unrelenting shittiness. There was a consistent sanity to their horrible treatment of the Blasey-Ford case. They were consistent to their reactionary and degrading principles. The liberal response to Reade is marked by an unsteadiness as their allegiance to #MeToo and #BelieveWomen crashes and burns. They're basically Republicans now, but they're walking that ground with fawn's legs; smearing accusers as crazy Russian whores just doesn't glide as smoothly from them as it does from Republicans.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

The Mass governor is actually pretty moderate and supported impeaching the dotard.  But I still think it's risky.

And Susan Collins is a moderate. I don't trust him one iota to appoint someone that will not vote exactly how Turtle wants them to. Unacceptable risk imo.

35 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

If Mass. had a D Gov. that would be fine. They don't, so no fucking deal. Warren needs to stay put. 

This is utter nonsense and one of the most popular anti-Warren VP talking points.  Her senate seat would not be in any kind of realistic jeopardy.  THEY HAVE A SPECIAL ELECTION.  You are more likely looking at Senator Ayanna Pressley or Joe Kennedy as her replacement.  It’s really short sighted to avoid the strongest ticket possible against Donald Trump simply because you want to protect ONE not really at risk Senate seat. Like seriously, the only thing that matters is beating Trump.  Don’t fuck around playing 3-D chess.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

1) Do you have evidence of this or are you just stacking lies on top of lies in an attempt to cast doubt on a potential sexual assault victim's story?

2) "Won't do interviews" doesn't describe what you're talking about. Someone turning down some interviews after doing at least one interview isn't someone who "won't do interviews". You were trying to make it seem like she won't talk to anyone, which is bullshit and you should stop lying about this. Just let it go. The people you hate lost. You're winning. Congratulations, take the win. You don't need to help destroy a potential rape victim to make yourself feel better about your victory.

One thing I'm noticing is that poster-class Republicans have always been morally bankrupt so they're kind of steady in their unrelenting shittiness. There was a consistent sanity to their horrible treatment of the Blasey-Ford case. They were consistent to their reactionary and degrading principles. The liberal response to Reade is marked by an unsteadiness as their allegiance to #MeToo and #BelieveWomen crashes and burns. They're basically Republicans now, but they're walking that ground with fawn's legs; smearing accusers as crazy Russian whores just doesn't glide as smoothly from them as it does from Republicans.

We'll meet half way on the neighbor, she's very choosy on who she'll speak with.  How is calling for an investigation discrediting a potential rape victim?  

13 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is utter nonsense and one of the most popular anti-Warren VP talking points.  Her senate seat would not be in any kind of realistic jeopardy.  THEY HAVE A SPECIAL ELECTION.  You are more likely looking at Senator Ayanna Pressley or Joe Kennedy as her replacement.  It’s really short sighted to avoid the strongest ticket possible against Donald Trump simply because you want to protect ONE not really at risk Senate seat. Like seriously, the only thing that matters is beating Trump.  Don’t fuck around playing 3-D chess.

Ok let's say that it works out fine and they get a replacement D Senator in the special and the next time in the regular. 

Is she going to get black voters to the polls? 

In case you forgot I was a Warren voter. I have no problem with her as a candidate personally, but her track record of getting people to yknow actually vote for her outside of 15% isn't that great. 

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is utter nonsense and one of the most popular anti-Warren VP talking points.  Her senate seat would not be in any kind of realistic jeopardy.  THEY HAVE A SPECIAL ELECTION.  You are more likely looking at Senator Ayanna Presley or Joe Kennedy as her replacement.  It’s really short sighted to avoid the strongest ticket possible against Donald Trump simply because you want to protect ONE not really at risk Senate seat. Like seriously, the only thing that matters is beating Trump.  Don’t fuck around playing 3-D chess.

I'm voting for the ticket.  I'd vote for Bernie, Warren, Pete, Yang, Harris, Klob...any of them would be several tiers up from the current Kleptocracy.  

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I don’t understand this at all. 

Go back a few weeks ago. How well did she do in the South? How about the Midwest? In Texas? WHERE I VOTED FOR HER.

Me and the rest of the 15%. She is not going to get black people fired up to go vote. She isn't going to make suburban empathy moms want to vote. She's got a plan for everything. Great. Can't do shit about it unless you're in office. 

She makes white liberals happy mostly, she gets a few black people. I think Pancho was in with her too, that's not going to get it. 

I'm still pushing for Kamala. 

29 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

We'll meet half way on the neighbor, she's very choosy on who she'll speak with.  How is calling for an investigation discrediting a potential rape victim?  

Lying about corroborating witnesses is an obvious attempt to discredit the story of a potential victim. There's no halfway here, you lied about the neighbor. You should stop doing that. Everyone who is outright lying about this case (not just you) for the explicit purpose of protecting the reputation of a powerful white man should stop doing it.

Doesn't seem wild for me to say this, but here we are.

1 minute ago, cactusflinthead said:

Go back a few weeks ago. How well did she do in the South? How about the Midwest? In Texas? WHERE I VOTED FOR HER.

Me and the rest of the 15%. She is not going to get black people fired up to go vote. She isn't going to make suburban empathy moms want to vote. She's got a plan for everything. Great. Can't do shit about it unless you're in office. 

She makes white liberals happy mostly, she gets a few black people. I think Pancho was in with her too, that's not going to get it. 

Kamala didn't even make it to the primary itself, so why would you think she's going to get better black turnout than Warren? Simply because she's black?

16 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Ok let's say that it works out fine and they get a replacement D Senator in the special and the next time in the regular. 

Is she going to get black voters to the polls? 

In case you forgot I was a Warren voter. I have no problem with her as a candidate personally, but her track record of getting people to yknow actually vote for her outside of 15% isn't that great. 

If the polls earlier to be believed, it's not going to make a difference if she can or not and again, all the evidence has shown that a VP running mate will make almost no impact on anything but the state where they're from and even that is very small 1-2% in-state.  So.... maybe she won't be able to get black voters to the poll, but historical data shows, neither will anyone else other than maybe a small bump for Demings in Florida or Abrams in Georgia.  Its faulty expectations.  The biggest issue with Warren beyond her Senate seat, which may end up in GOP hands throughout the first 100 days (SE has to be called with 160 days), is the corporatists who fund Biden are scared shitless of her and Biden isn't interested in running a populist campaign.  He'd have to sit some of them down and get them to see the light and while I believe Obama could have done that, I have very little faith in Biden or his campaign.  Warren is probably the strongest statesman to pick as a VP, but may not be the most expedient.  And let's face it, Warren is most likely getting the highest proportion of polling right now because she has the biggest name out of the women involved, just like Kamala has the 2nd biggest name recognition.  We'll see what he does, but I doubt it's Warren.

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Like 1

So, Biden's latest accuser is sticking by her story despite it being proven that he didn't attend the event where she claims he complimented her underage knockers.

“The Biden campaign is now trying to make it seem like Joe Biden never even attended the event (that year) they are saying he had a sinus infection and sent some one is his place, only that year,” she wrote. “They are saying he attended all the other years EXCEPT the one year my incident happened. This is crazy to me and saddens me.”

“I just wanted to post this to say, I am NOT lying I never was lying and I stick with my original truth, and that won’t change,” she added.

The nerve! Providing evidence that you were not physically present to have committed harassment is rape culture run amok. 

5 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

So, Biden's latest accuser is sticking by her story despite it being proven that he didn't attend the event where she claims he complimented her underage knockers.

The nerve! Providing evidence that you were not physically present to have committed harassment is rape culture run amok. 

Look..... she's not a witch and she wouldn't lie!!!!  O'Donnell is a nut job.

27 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Oh, you mean when the race was Bernie vs Biden?  Yeah, that was how it shook out after she was erased in Iowa.  It was a stop Bernie effort and everyone rallied around Biden.  The dynamics of the race and context are important. 

The VP pick is usually a non-factor but there are some unusual factors in this race.  The black vote is going to show up to fire Donald Trump.  No VP selection is going to draw statistically significant more black voters than another.  If you want to beat Trump, you win with white suburban women.  Also, black voters prefer Warren as VP right now, according to the data, even over Harris.  So maybe listen to them too? 

Look, if I thought Biden had a better chance to beat Trump with Harris, that would be my pick but there’s all this data that points to Biden-Warren as the strongest ticket. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

21 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

the corporatists who fund Biden are scared shitless of her 

That's why I want her in the Senate. It's why I voted for her in the primary. If it doesn't make a shit about who gets the VP nod then why run the risk of losing her seat to an unknown R?

40 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Kamala didn't even make it to the primary itself, so why would you think she's going to get better black turnout than Warren? Simply because she's black?

She dropped out before any states with black people in them held their primaries.

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Lying about corroborating witnesses is an obvious attempt to discredit the story of a potential victim. There's no halfway here, you lied about the neighbor. You should stop doing that. Everyone who is outright lying about this case (not just you) for the explicit purpose of protecting the reputation of a powerful white man should stop doing it.

Doesn't seem wild for me to say this, but here we are.

I first saw her statement read on a local DC news station, most likely NBC, that was trying to reach her for comment but she refused to return their calls or interview. I also haven't seen her on any telecasts but a quick scan shows she doesn't do a lot of them: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/why-now-in-an-exclusive-interview-tara-reades-former-neighbor-explains-her-decision-to-come-forward-and-why-shes-still-voting-for-joe-biden/ar-BB13gRhj .  I misspoke on that portion of my argument. You seem pretty insincere about the whole thing because from everything stated, that doesn't seem like the thread that especially proves your point.  But sure, let's pull on that one.     

Kamala is a smart woman that has called out Trump and his cronies and can think on her feet in real time. On issues, Warren skews a little too far right for me but it may just be because Harris didn't get as much air time.  But I do like the strong black female angle because it especially gets under Trumps skin and he's probably stroke out if he lost to a ticket with an African American female.  And she'd OWN Pence while attacking Trump on the debate stage whereas Warren does get flustered at times and handles Trumps attacks cerebrally--she still can't shake Pocahontas.  There was a time when Kamala was seen as a strong frontrunner, but that was the flavor of the day.  Yes, I do think African Americans associate more with other African Americans but she was also a DA, so I could see how that could potentially be used to her discredit.  If Warren generates the most votes, then I'm all for Warren.  

Edited by Mdhorn

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If the corporatist were really afraid of Warren, they would be looking to sideline her as VP.  

However, maybe they are students of history and remember what happened when Teddy Roosevelt was sidelined into the VP spot by the corrupt money men.

They are.  Don't kid yourself.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/30/donors-pressure-joe-biden-to-not-pick-elizabeth-warren-as-vp.html

6 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Can you post where the O’Donnell thing is being used to discredit Reade?

Completely pointless attempt to tie this to Reade by calling it the "second". This accusation that he told a 14-year-old that she has a beautiful rack is more like the dozens of well-documented incidents of Biden being a general creep and nothing at all like Reade's rape accusation.

Again, zero actual connection to Reade but henry is concern trolling about ~*~*~optics~*~*~ after spending the entire thread sowing doubt about Reade as an accuser.

"next piece of shit" - again, tying two things together that don't belong together so that if you discredit one you discredit both.

You're welcome.

Edited by bad_teammate

Again, zero actual connection to Reade but henry is concern trolling about ~*~*~optics~*~*~ after spending the entire thread sowing doubt about Reade as an accuser

first of all, just to get this out of the way, go fuck yourself.

second of all, i'm not concern trolling at all.  i'm saying that this allegation is shaky and seems a lot more like "hey joe biden is gross and says inappropriate stuff", which somehow gets lumped in with reade's allegations of far worse (actually illegal) actions which just muddies the waters.  if a bunch of people come out of the woodwork saying that joe is a harmless perv that says creepy stuff, that works against reports of actually dangerous behavior that he's exhibited previously. 

so actually the ~*~ opposite~*~ is true.  i didn't say this was "bad for reade's story", i said this was "bad for reade" because the waters are already starting to muddy, and now she has a better chance of written off and ignored.

and then you did what you accuse every single person on this thread of doing.  you lied.  please show me where i've spent the "entire thread sowing doubt about reade as an accuser".

you should see stuff that outrages you, then get outraged afterwards.  not the other way around.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

second of all, i'm not concern trolling at all.  i'm saying that this allegation is shaky and seems a lot more like "hey joe biden is gross and says inappropriate stuff", which somehow gets lumped in with reade's allegations of far worse (actually illegal) actions which just muddies the waters. 

Just "somehow"? It's magic?

No, it's because people (like you) actively work to connect them.

This is the same shit as, "Look, I'm not racist, I'm just saying it's a bad look for black people when those kids are sagging their pants and cussing and rapping about drugs. Again, I don't think that's bad, I'm just saying other people do and I worry about them."

so actually the ~*~ opposite~*~ is true.  i didn't say this was "bad for reade's story", i said this was "bad for reade" because the waters are already starting to muddy, and now she has a better chance of written off and ignored.

No, it doesn't. It means nothing to Reade.

If your ~*~*~ concern ~*~*~ was trying to make sure Reade's accusation stays insulated from bullshit, why aren't you actually trying to do that instead of just doing constant fucking concern troll drive-bys?

and then you did what you accuse every single person on this thread of doing.  you lied.  please show me where i've spent the "entire thread sowing doubt about reade as an accuser".

There's what I just posted. That's #1.

Here are 3 more from a few pages back.

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/8534-things-not-going-well-for-joe-biden/&do=findComment&comment=2230096

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/8534-things-not-going-well-for-joe-biden/&do=findComment&comment=2230234

8 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

This is the same shit as, "Look, I'm not racist, I'm just saying it's a bad look for black people when those kids are sagging their pants and cussing and rapping about drugs. Again, I don't think that's bad, I'm just saying other people do and I worry about them."

I'm pretty sure that most people don't give it that much thought.  They just think the kids look fucking stupid is saggy pants. 

55 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Just "somehow"? It's magic?

No, it's because people (like you) actively work to connect them.

lulz to "actively work to connect".  yeah, it's called common sense, dude.  the more stupid shit like this comes out, the less of a chance the actual shit has of standing on its own and getting the attention it deserves.  it's the 'i am spartacus' drill, and it's fairly common.  also guess what, people (like me) have nothing to do with it.  i'm not spinning this, it spins itself.  of course you already know that, but your finger was pointed so quickly that now you're pot-committed and talking in circles.  it's one of your go-to moves.

57 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

i agree that what you're describing is concern trolling.  but that's not what i did, nor what i'm doing.  i said that this sucks for reade.  it's a bummer for her because now she becomes part of the noise.  she becomes a statistic, instead of a name.  but instead of admitting that you misinterpreted what i said, you are trying to double down against a poster who you have an obvious irrational emotional response to.  i get it.  admitting you're wrong is hard.

If your ~*~*~ concern ~*~*~ was trying to make sure Reade's accusation stays insulated from bullshit, why aren't you actually trying to do that instead of just doing constant fucking concern troll drive-bys?

my post wasn't a concern, it was a factual observation.  i'm not championing reade nor attacking her.  i'm watching it unfold.  nothing we do here matters.  please do not confuse posting here with actual activism.  some troll told me that once.

hopkins gets traded.

hg - this sucks for watson and the texans offense.

bt - why aren't you trying to actually trying to help them get better receivers or replace o'brien?!

wow, this whole post was a big swing and a miss, even for you.  hope it was more productive in your head to write all this instead of just admitting you were wrong responding to someone who gives you the hurt feelings on the internets.

your first example, again, was misinterpreted by you.  it was a factual observation of what stupid stories will do to a credible allegation.  your other examples were my personal general observations about assault allegations, and i specifically labeled them so.  and in pretty much all my posts, i said i believed her story was true.  none of my posts would be considered "pro-biden" or "anti-reade".  i posited a potential believable version of the story before i once again said it probably happened. 

and if you'll notice, in all 3 posts you quoted, i was responding to someone specific about something specific.  i was involved in the conversation, i wasn't bitching and whining and basing my content and response on who i quoted and who makes me upset on a message board.

be better.

I'd just like to offer a big thanks to those of you that have been keeping b_t's insufferable ass fully engaged in this thread and off of the rest of the board.  I don't know if I could handle it if he was littering every other thread with his shit.

thank-you-memes-10-720x393.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden