Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden

Parliament

Neither of those are actual statements from Reade; they are fabrications from you in an attempt to smear a woman who is claiming that she was raped by a powerful Senator.
You should read up on what she's actually said because you're either lying or ignorant and neither are good.
---------------------------------------
FORMER Senate aide Tara Reade said she was "too scared" to explicitly claim that Joe Biden sexually assaulted her 27 years ago in her Senate complaint.
Reade said Friday the limited report she filed with the congressional personnel office "didn't use sexual harassment" to describe her alleged assault.
"I remember talking about him wanting me to serve drinks because he liked my legs and thought I was pretty and it made me uncomfortable," she said in an interview with the Associated Press.
"I know that I was too scared to write about the sexual assault."
Reade said she detailed her issues with Biden but "the main word I used - and I know I didn't use sexual harassment - I used 'uncomfortable'. And I remember 'retaliation.'"
But the former aide suggested that even if the report surfaces, it wouldn't corroborate her assault accusation because she opted not to detail them at the time.
--------------------------------------------
So when you claim that she said she "never filed a report", were you making that up out of nothing or do you have a source for that?
Because it seems like you're actively lying about this for reasons I cannot even begin to understand.

“When I filed a complaint against Joe Biden for sexual harassment and more I was fired” is a direct statement by her on twitter posted earlier in this thread. So, I mean I guess we can get into a philosophical discussion about if words actually have meaning, but otherwise that is a direct statement from her.

And below is the passage from today’s AP news story. I was not insinuating that no report was filed and if that’s how it read then that’s my bad. I was saying that the clarification from “Biden fired me for filing sexual harassment allegations” to “I never explicitly mentioned sexual harassment” only happened because the AP needed clarification on what “I went into the office and chickened out” meant, of which never filing a report would be a logical conclusion.

https://apnews.com/aec7beb03e9e0e0e6e3c58111293e0ea

Reade described the report after the AP discovered additional transcripts and notes from its interviews with Reade last year in which she says she “chickened out” after going to the Senate personnel office. The AP interviewed Reade in 2019 after she accused Biden of uncomfortable and inappropriate touching. She did not raise allegations of sexual assault against Biden until this year, around the time he became the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee.

The existence of the Senate report has become a key element of the accusations against Biden, which he has flatly denied. Reade says she doesn’t have a copy of the report, and Biden said Friday that he is not aware that any complaint against him exists. He asked the Senate and the National Archives to search their records to try to locate a complaint from Reade.

But Reade is suggesting that even if the report surfaces, it would not corroborate her assault allegations because she chose not to detail them at the time.

According to a transcript of her 2019 interview with the AP, Reade said: “They have this counseling office or something, and I think I walked in there once, but then I chickened out.” She made a similar statement in a second interview with AP that same day, according to written notes from the interview.

On Friday, Reade said she was referring to having “chickened out” by not filing full harassment or assault allegations against Biden. In multiple interviews with the AP on Friday, Reade insisted she filed an “intake form” at the Senate personnel office, which included her contact information, the office she worked for and some broad details of her issues with Biden.

6 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

“When I filed a complaint against Joe Biden for sexual harassment and more I was fired” is a direct statement by her on twitter posted earlier in this thread. So, I mean I guess we can get into a philosophical discussion about if words actually have meaning, but otherwise that is a direct statement from her.her issues with Biden.

You can file a complaint for sexual harassment without using the words "sexual harassment". This is pretty clear.

I was not insinuating that no report was filed and if that’s how it read then that’s my bad.

You: "And you don’t find it peculiar that Reade was going to continue to claim the top version of the story until the AP found a transcript of her own words last year saying she “chickened out” and never filed a report?

Just stop.

You're just slandering this woman for no reason and you're not even good at it.

You: "And you don’t find it peculiar that Reade was going to continue to claim the top version of the story until the AP found a transcript of her own words last year saying she “chickened out” and never filed a report?
Just stop.
You're just slandering this woman for no reason and you're not even good at it.

Yep. I’ll own that my word choice was poor. Pretend that sentence ends after “out” and I stand by everything else I said.

I’m not trying to slander her. The shit like death threats are way too far. But whether or not you want to admit it, her story has serious holes and inconsistencies. Pointing those out has no bearing on my opinion of the woman and I wish no ill will on her at all.

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

But whether or not you want to admit it, her story has serious holes and inconsistencies. 

Sure, it does. That is the case with 99.99% of all sexual assault cases. We're talking about something that happened in 1993, a victim recalling something from 30 years ago is not going to remember things throughout those 3 decades the same way.

Tara Reade is an imperfect person. Her testimony is imperfect. She's got dumb ideas and she's not good at PR. She's not as accomplished or attractive as we'd like. She's not as articulate as we'd like. Guess what, that's also true of the vast majority of women on earth who have been victims of sexual assault.

Believing women in these situations costs us nothing and makes a better environment for any woman to come forward. Joe's not on trial. Nothing negative will happen to him if we treat Reade as credible until it is 100% established that she isn't. That's the point.

Always take the side of the weaker person until it's obvious you shouldn't. Playing devil's advocate for the powerful sucks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orale said:

I believe Joe. Even if I didn't, I'd still vote for him because Trump is far worse and is an existential threat to our nation. Everything else is pablum. 

I don't. He's just as creepy as Trump with women. I wouldn't lose a lick of sleep if they both stroked out tomorrow. Fuck 'em. Policy wise, he's probably a little better.

Fuck Joe Biden.

• Fuck You 2

On 4/1/2019 at 9:16 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is a generational thing.  That doesn’t excuse the creepy behavior but according to some older women I talked to the creepo touching wasn’t as big a deal back then.  They said they almost expected it and if it didn’t happen it was almost a slight. Don’t get me wrong, they’re very glad it’s unacceptable now and it should have been back then but it was a different time.

Fuck that. Let's get back to the good old days and objectify some bitches. 

3 hours ago, Orale said:

I'm confused about you. Sometimes you seem progressive, then you post pro-Trump stuff. What is your political ideology exactly?

BT makes posts that support trump’s reelection chances because that’s what he wants to happen.

Like they said in the “Usual suspects.” 

“To a cop, the explanation is never that complicated. It's always simple. There's no mystery to the street, no arch criminal behind it all. If you got a dead body and you think his brother did it, you're gonna find out you're right.“

- verbal Kent. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Her actions to me were consistent with somebody who had nothing to hide and nothing to gain from the situation. She knew full well that she was putting her life in danger and if she could be caught in a lie, she would be in trouble for lying under oath.

AKA that person knows both Tara Reade and Joe Biden, and believes Joe Biden. 

She put her life in danger?  Fuck....  You really believe that don't you?!  Bless your sweet heart.... 

Sure, it does. That is the case with 99.99% of all sexual assault cases. We're talking about something that happened in 1993, a victim recalling something from 30 years ago is not going to remember things throughout those 3 decades the same way.
Tara Reade is an imperfect person. Her testimony is imperfect. She's got dumb ideas and she's not good at PR. She's not as accomplished or attractive as we'd like. She's not as articulate as we'd like. Guess what, that's also true of the vast majority of women on earth who have been victims of sexual assault.
Believing women in these situations costs us nothing and makes a better environment for any woman to come forward. Joe's not on trial. Nothing negative will happen to him if we treat Reade as credible until it is 100% established that she isn't. That's the point.
Always take the side of the weaker person until it's obvious you shouldn't. Playing devil's advocate for the powerful sucks.

Well said. Worth repeating.

I really hate this timeline. I've been sort of grappling with what to do with Biden since this story broke. On principle, the Democrats absolutely should drop Biden. To not do so after the Kavanaugh saga is undeniably hypocritical and damaging to the credibility of the party - what little exists. Republicans will seize on this, and while they don't have a moral leg to stand on, the only defense becomes political mid flinging.

That said, I know that that obviously isn't happening. Democratic leadership has no appetite for it. And obviously you're not proving anything beyond a reasonable doubt when it comes to a sexual assault case from 30 years ago. So the election will be maybe a rapist vs maybe a rapist but definitely a piece of shit and an unmitigated disaster for the country.

I think you can justify voting Biden there, I pretty much have in my mind, but I can't argue with anyone who sits out over that. These are really two objectively awful choices. I know people said that in '16, but that stemmed more from weird personal animosity towards Hillary Clinton. There was nothing overtly objectionable about her candidacy like there is Biden's. This time it's true. Neither should be President of the United States.
  • Like 2

Tweet from former Tulsi Gabbard policy coordinator. Alleged victim is niece of noted witch/congresscritter candidate Christine O'Donnell. No touching alleged; just creepy uncle type comments. Came forward publicly after Biden won the nomination. At least one of these accusers is going to turn out to be a loon and we'll have Rolling Stones' "A Rape on Campus" all over again when the media is so excited over the scoop they don't do any verification. 

48 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Behind a paywall so can't access the article, but some interesting outtakes.

This whole article will be mandatory reading at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government for students to learn how not to do government.

• Like 1

I guess what bugs me about this is that i personally didn't hear anything about it until after Biden won the nomination. 

Why didn't this woman come out with this before he won? Why wasn't she trying to politically damage him when other options were still on the table for the democrats? 

Why would she politically damage him now, when Trump, a very obviously rapey man, is the only other option as far as a presidential candidate?

15 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I guess what bugs me about this is that i personally didn't hear anything about it until after Biden won the nomination. 

Why didn't this woman come out with this before he won? Why wasn't she trying to politically damage him when other options were still on the table for the democrats? 

Why would she politically damage him now, when Trump, a very obviously rapey man, is the only other option as far as a presidential candidate?

There's a lot of ifs.  Her mom called in but did so anonymously but has passed away, her neighbor mentioned Reade spoke to her about it but won't do interviews, we have a changing story but there is a way to see if she filed something.  That would be the first thing to find.  By Biden asking for the report, he's basically asking for a trial and saying, here I'll start it for you.  Please produce the filing from 30 years ago.  That's very damn different than the Kavanaugh accusation.  The most basic trial is going to require evidence.  The lack thereof and no finding still won't be enough for some, especially when they were opposed to him before any of this.  I'm fine with a trial. Let's have the trial--but her supporters aren't going to like that, they want a public trial of perception. It sounds so very Republican--just sounds right, alternative facts, deep state, fake news.  They want to control the narrative/public discourse and they do very well with that form of branding but they don't want an actual trial.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

I don't. He's just as creepy as Trump with women. I wouldn't lose a lick of sleep if they both stroked out tomorrow. Fuck 'em. Policy wise, he's probably a little better.

Fuck Joe Biden.

Allegedly telling a woman that she has nice legs is "just as creepy" as the guy who brags about going into dressing rooms with naked children in them....

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

• Like 2

The goal post on this will always get moved. Right up till Election Day.  If university of Delaware suddenly produced a properly dated and believable employment file that shows nothing interesting except she was constantly late for work and eventually was let go for tardiness, the Reade/Foxnews and 2 posters here will say all the files, including unrelated ones, need to be made open to the public. Because conspiracy/her emails.

You are literally seeing it in real time tonight as the AP has shown her changing her story again.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Like 4

Tweet from former Tulsi Gabbard policy coordinator. Alleged victim is niece of noted witch/congresscritter candidate Christine O'Donnell. No touching alleged; just creepy uncle type comments. Came forward publicly after Biden won the nomination. At least one of these accusers is going to turn out to be a loon and we'll have Rolling Stones' "A Rape on Campus" all over again when the media is so excited over the scoop they don't do any verification. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Obviously, Rebuplican backers and Russian bots (e.g. Bad_Teamate), who fund and enable the propagation of this story, were saving the story for the past 27 years in hopes that they could unleash it on the public at the appropriate time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grandioso said:

stories like these are not great for reade.

5 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This whole article will be mandatory reading at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government for students to learn how not to do government.

FUCK Harvard.  Tough for some to get into.  Easy to matriculate once you are in.  

OTOH the top 200 from my HS could have skated in 3 years at LSU.

Hook'em!

12 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

6 hours ago, SaucyJack said:

FUCK Harvard.  Tough for some to get into.  Easy to matriculate once you are in.  

OTOH the top 200 from my HS could have skated in 3 years at LSU.

Hook'em!

My Bad,  looks like I left out the "i keed, i keed!"  part about LSU.  Too much vino, not enough attention.

• immamac changed the title to Things seem to be going quite well for Joe Biden