2019 NBA Offseason Thread -- Trades, Free Agents, Firings, Retirements, Etc

Patrick Bateman

I think that’s a really good Philly team, though they will continue to run into the same issues that plagued them in this year’s playoffs.

Already can’t wait for next season. In the East, the Bucks, 76ers, Celtics and Pacers should all be really fun next year. In the sweet, obviously the Lakers will be formidable, but the Jazz should be fucking awesome. And if Curry can get the Warriors a playoff spot, they will be scary to a top seed with Klay back.

And, of course, Kawhi could make the Clippers or Raptors and instant contender. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Maybe I need stupid question amnesty for this, but what does Jimmy Butler do for the Heat?

They won 39 games this past season without him; with Butler, they'll win....40?  42?

They're gonna pay an assload of money for the next 4 years for a guy who will be an old 30 years old by training camp.

Me a few hours ago.

James Dolan should go ahead and sell the Knicks. Take your billions and go home. The Knicks are an even bigger joke and laughing stock than the Lakers have been. Everyone is laughing at them and their excuses after they whiffed on their targets.

Edited by Chad

Just now, longhornmatt said:

The Knicks are understandably the target of most of the mockery tonight, but holy shit at Boston.  They had all those assets and cap space for years, and they turned it into Kemba Walker and Gordon Hayward, minus Al Horford.

And fuck the Celtics.  Hahahaha!!  They have been pretty good for the last few years, but no chips and the Lakers about to be in the driver’s seat.  I have a deep-rooted hatred of the Celtics.  McHale is a cunt.

The Knicks are understandably the target of most of the mockery tonight, but holy shit, Boston has squandered so much.  They had all those assets and cap space for years, and they turned it into Kemba Walker and Gordon Hayward, minus Al Horford.

They should’ve made the deal to get Kawhi last summer.
  • Like 1

And fuck the Celtics.  Hahahaha!!  They have been pretty good for the last few years, but no chips and the Lakers about to be in the driver’s seat.  I have a deep-rooted hatred of the Celtics.  McHale is a cunt.

And double-fuck the Lakers. The whole franchise is built on taking players from other teams. Parasitic assholes.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

The Knicks are understandably the target of most of the mockery tonight, but holy shit, Boston has squandered so much.  They had all those assets and cap space for years, and they turned it into Kemba Walker and Gordon Hayward, minus Al Horford.

Don’t let the Sixers off the hook either. Tobias Harris...lmao

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

And double-fuck the Lakers. The whole franchise is built on taking players from other teams. Parasitic assholes.

And then winning championships.  I like that part.  Through the first 32 modern NBA championships, the Lakers were in the finals 16 of them.  That’s as kick ass as it comes.  The hate comes with the territory.  But I have really enjoyed being a Laker fan my whole life.  Of course the Bruins provide all the angst I need.