How to hijack someone's Bluetooth speaker

So there's this jackass at our community pool who sits in our pool while smoking cigarettes and he plays 70's disco music at full blast. People can't even listen to their own music with headphones on because his is just too damn loud and obnoxious. 

I'm about one drink away from kicking him in the head and throwing his speaker into the next neighborhood but I really don't want to make a scene. I was just thinking it would be a pretty good idea to intermittently hijack his speaker from another phone just to fuck with him until he eventually turns it off. Does anyone know how to connect to a Bluetooth speaker that is already paired with another device?

12 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Grow some balls and ask him to turn it down?

No shit.  Or sit right next to him and blast your music louder than his.  He'll get the message.

I had to do this at Hobby last time we went to Costa Rica.  Waiting for our flight and some jackass sits down right behind me and decides he's going to watch a YouTube video at full volume.  So I unplugged my headphones and cranked Pandora as loud as the speaker would go.  He put his headphones in after that.

Or if you want to go all Alpha Male on him, go pick it up and throw it in the pool.  But if OP was going to do that, it would have already been done.

Edited by Chewbacca
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Grow some balls and ask him to turn it down?

You're probably right but I don't even engage in conversation with this guy. Last summer he blatantly hit on me (he's gay, I'm not) and I haven't said a word or even acknowledged him until Monday when he walked over to where I was sitting and knocked my drink over and fell on me. I had to catch his drunk ass or he would have fallen on his face. His husband sent him home and apologized several times but it still pissed me off. One good thing is that they don't stay too long as they're in pretty bad shape and can't take drinking in the heat too long. I'm hoping he's too embarrassed to even come back out there but I doubt it. 

Edited by Greg Davis Apologist

I was sitting in an airport next to a very busy gate area the other day trying to pair my watch to my phone.  Hundreds of in-range devices shown in the Bluetooth setup screen.  I almost started sending random pairing requests to see if any idiot would click the connect rather than ignore.

If it's an HOA pool, and he doesn't respond to a polite request, you can just have a lien put on his house.

If it's an apartment pool, then go buy a new house with its own pool.

15 hours ago, Greg Davis Apologist said:

You're probably right but I don't even engage in conversation with this guy. Last summer he blatantly hit on me (he's gay, I'm not) and I haven't said a word or even acknowledged him until Monday when he walked over to where I was sitting and knocked my drink over and fell on me.

Just admit it - you kinda liked being hit on - NTTAWWT

14 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Dress up like a cop.

Or an indian, construction worker or sailor

14 hours ago, Quagmire said:

Tell him if he turns it off you’ll suck his dick

or you'll let him suck yours (see my first reply to GDA)

19 hours ago, Greg Davis Apologist said:

You're probably right but I don't even engage in conversation with this guy. Last summer he blatantly hit on me (he's gay, I'm not) and I haven't said a word or even acknowledged him until Monday when he walked over to where I was sitting and knocked my drink over and fell on me. I had to catch his drunk ass or he would have fallen on his face. His husband sent him home and apologized several times but it still pissed me off. One good thing is that they don't stay too long as they're in pretty bad shape and can't take drinking in the heat too long. I'm hoping he's too embarrassed to even come back out there but I doubt it. 

What kind of community pool is this?

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

If you COULD somehow pair through to his device & knock him off of it, have an audio file ready to blast that says "Hey, asshole - can you PLEASE turn down the volume on your device or maybe put on a pair of headphones or ear buds & let everyone else enjoy their own music?  In conclusion, fuck you, pal."  Then disconnect as soon as it ends.