Immigration effects on our Health Care System

Crusher

11 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Neither will conservatives.

That’s right the city council’s and mayors of Seattle, Portland, San Francisco and LA are made up entirely of conservatives.  Also, the governors of each of those states are conservatives too.

Wait... I am pretty sure it is actually the exact opposite.  You fucking moron.

America needs young people having kids. White people stopped having many kids a long time ago and that trend isn’t reversing.  If America embraced more immigration and improved health care/education for immigrants, the next 50 years will be more prosperous for all.  Including all of the white people who want a well funded govt.

or you can be short sighted and whine about people getting a free meal.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

That’s right the city council’s and mayors of Seattle, Portland, San Francisco and LA are made up entirely of conservatives.  Also, the governors of each of those states are conservatives too.

Much like Central America, the complete lack of opportunity and social freedom in red areas of the country will continue to cause migrants from those areas to go to blue cities where opportunity exists. 

If you want to fix San Francisco, you need to fix the shithole dying towns throughout the country that keep sending their people to San Francisco's doorstep. If Kansas tried to make Topeka a beacon of opportunity for Kansas residents instead of a cross between the Handmaid's Tale and Mad Max, more Kansans would stay in state instead of going to better states and putting increased pressure on infrastructure and housing prices there. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

America needs young people having kids. White people stopped having many kids a long time ago and that trend isn’t reversing.  If America embraced more immigration and improved health care/education for immigrants, the next 50 years will be more prosperous for all.  Including all of the white people who want a well funded govt.

or you can be short sighted and whine about people getting a free meal.  

And bringing in vast numbers of people with little to no education is not a recipe for success. Our system is not graduating our own at risk kids as it is.  Add a language barrier, and the problem multiplies. 

It's a recipe for more haves and have nots.  As the have nots begin to out number the haves, the system cannot sustain itself. 

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Much like Central America, the complete lack of opportunity and social freedom in red areas of the country will continue to cause migrants from those areas to go to blue cities where opportunity exists. 

If you want to fix San Francisco, you need to fix the shithole dying towns throughout the country that keep sending their people to San Francisco's doorstep. If Kansas tried to make Topeka a beacon of opportunity for Kansas residents instead of a cross between the Handmaid's Tale and Mad Max, more Kansans would stay in state instead of going to better states and putting increased pressure on infrastructure and housing prices there. 

They’ll never get this. 

They will keep trying to make every red state into Kansas and Louisiana (oh 2 states who voted for Dem governors to fix the fucking messes left by the GOP) and bitching about blue states/cities that keep this country running. And keeps the lights on in Mississippi and Alabama - huge takers of federal funds. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

And bringing in vast numbers of people with little to no education is not a recipe for success. Our system is not graduating our own at risk kids as it is.  Add a language barrier, and the problem multiplies. 

It's a recipe for more haves and have nots.  As the have nots begin to out number the haves, the system cannot sustain itself. 

The system isn’t sustainable at the current level so sticking to the game plan most assured disaster.  You know this already  

I’m all for secure borders but allow people in and document them.  Increase penalties for those employers preying on the immigrants and not enforcing tax laws.  Get the immigrants into the system, and the system will produce better results.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Take a look at this chart.  We HAVE to have a stable or increasing birthrate or we get Japan's deflationary spiral.  The future is brown/yellow.  Get used to it.

Reveal hidden contents
19563 4,218,000 25.2
19573 4,308,000 25.3
19583 4,255,000 24.5
19593 4,295,000 24.3
19603 4,257,850 23.7
19613 4,268,326 23.3
19623 4,167,362 22.4
19633 4,098,020 21.7
19643 4,027,490 21.0
19653 3,760,358 19.4
19663 3,606,274 18.4
19674 3,520,959 17.8
19683 3,501,564 17.5
19693 3,600,206 17.8
19703 3,731,386 18.4
19713 3,555,970 17.2
1972 3,258,411 15.6
1973 3,136,965 14.9
1974 3,159,958 14.9
1975 3,144,198 14.8
1976 3,167,788 14.8
1977 3,326,632 15.4
1978 3,333,279 15.3
1979 3,494,398 15.9
1980 3,612,258 15.9
1982 3,680,537 15.9
1983 3,638,933 15.5
1984 3,669,141 15.5
1985 3,760,561 15.8
1986 3,731,000 15.5
1987 3,829,000 15.7
1988 3,913,000 15.9
1989 4,021,000 16.2
1990 4,179,000 16.7
1991 4,111,000 16.2
1992 4,084,000 16.0
1993 4,039,000 15.7
1994 3,979,000 15.3
1995 3,892,000 14.8
1996 3,899,000 14.7
1997 3,882,000 14.5
1998 3,941,553 14.6
1999 3,959,417 14.5
2000 4,058,814 14.7
2001 4,025,933 14.1
2002 4,021,726 13.9
2003 4,089,950 14.1
2004 4,112,052 14.0
2005 4,138,349 14.0
2009 4,131,019 13.8

Stop destroying the American middle class and making the cost of living so damn high (tax tax tax) that people feel it’s irresponsible to have children they may not be able to afford. Central America has no such qualms. 

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

What are the conservatives doing about homelessness where they are in charge?

In San Francisco $75k a year qualifies you for housing assistance. It’s no wonder everyone lives paycheck to paycheck regardless of salary. They price their own citizens out of child birth  teachers can’t afford to live and teach in the city  and often live with parents to survive.  It is a completely self created problem  

This is government not allowing capitalist rules to work.  They prop up the underpaying jobs instead of letting the market correct itself to the proper level of need vs cost.  It exacerbated the problem  

Urbanization was a way for liberal elites in large cities to gain more power.  It’s also why the electoral college is so important and works.  2600 vs 480 counties voted Republican vs Democrat.  Urbanization allowed a few cities to control the majority of the vote  

Sadly, it is being proven out that sprawl is a much better policy than Urban density which causes massive inequality. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The system isn’t sustainable at the current level so sticking to the game plan most assured disaster.  You know this already  

I’m all for secure borders but allow people in and document them.  Increase penalties for those employers preying on the immigrants and not enforcing tax laws.  Get the immigrants into the system, and the system will produce better results.

So our system isn't sustainable currently and people want to let even more folks in who won't be a positive gain to the system, but in all probability many  may only add to welfare rolls.  Take care of our shit at home, and stop with the we are the world sunshine fallacy.

Shouldn’t we be asking why Americans are reluctant to have children?  It’s lazy to just say it’s a culture change to not having kids. It is clearly related to debt and the high cost of living in the United States. Richest country, also the most expensive when you subsidize so many other countries (especially health care)

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

What are the conservatives doing about homelessness where they are in charge?

Well as the democrats held Congress for almost 56 uninterrupted years (until 1994 ?) the problems sure as shit weren't being dealt with by them when they held it for over a half century.  

But hey that doesn't count, cause it's in the past....

50 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

That is a great piece of myopic dystopian fiction.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Shouldn’t we be asking why Americans are reluctant to have children?  It’s lazy to just say it’s a culture change to not having kids. It is clearly related to debt and the high cost of living in the United States. Richest country, also the most expensive when you subsidize so many other countries (especially health care)

Most Americans see little reason  to have more than 1 or 2 kids and I think debt and cost of living is only a factor. Hell more and more want zero now.  If I think about most Of all of my friends and coworkers, they have had so few kids (and no one is having more) that the next generation, from this group of people, declined in number. 

And there is zero reason to think that Americans will reverse that trend.  Even the Hispanic birth rate is plummeting in the US.  Embracing immigration and improving the immigration support system is the best chance of continued US success. Or we can be some combination of Japan and the UK by 2100.  

#3 coincided with the death of organized labor which the Republican party successfully turned into a dirty word. I still hear, especially in this state, people bemoan unions. Hey dipshits, if your name isn't on the company letterhead, YOU'RE LABOR. Took me many years to come around, but I'll glady keep paying my 5k+ annual union dues when I look at my pay/benefits/protections compared to the non organized other side.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DaysOff said:

#3 coincided with the death of organized labor which the Republican party successfully turned into a dirty word. I still hear, especially in this state, people bemoan unions. Hey dipshits, if your name isn't on the company letterhead, YOU'RE LABOR. Took me many years to come around, but I'll glady keep paying my 5k+ annual union dues when I look at my pay/benefits/protections compared to the non organized other side.

We use both and the non union guys make significantly more then the union shops and have the same benefits, this is construction in California. A large part of that is union shops wont work on Sunday because its double time all day and their bosses refuse to pay.

If it was up to me I'd hire non union only as everything from quality of work to cost is better but we have several government contracts that require us to "spread the wealth"

• Haha 1

Unions can work but they always seem to abuse their power.  Of course with no unions, the labor force tends to get it.  IL is absolutely bankrupt in large part due to unions.  

Brisket nails it above on taxes.  If your wage is stuck in the middle class it’s not taxes that are killing you.  Lol.  I can’t believe people are dumb enough to buy that.  But they do and idiots keep voting against their own interests.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Yep. Give them housing. It would be nice if conservatives outside of Utah agreed with this.

The vast majority of homeless people have significant mental health issues as noted by other posters.  Conservatives always fuck that up and try to rationalize why they’re homeless without accounting for the biggest factor - they’re mentally ill.  

Reagan's closing of mental health facilities is probably the bottom line biggest reason for the increase in the number of homeless.   It has nothing whatsoever to do with red or blue cities, other than that most urban areas are Democratic, and there are both less homeless and less people around to see the homeless in say the middle of cornfield in Nebraska.

Also, none of this has anything whatsoever to do with immigartion.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

So our system isn't sustainable currently and people want to let even more folks in who won't be a positive gain to the system, but in all probability many  may only add to welfare rolls.  Take care of our shit at home, and stop with the we are the world sunshine fallacy.

Anyone who doesn’t understand that immigration, both legal and illegal, is a net positive for the country as a whole economically is a compete fucking moron. 

Oh, hi onboard! How ya doing? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

Anyone who doesn’t understand that immigration, both legal and illegal, is a net positive for the country as a whole economically is a compete fucking moron. 

Oh, hi onboard! How ya doing? 

Jesus the ignorance of your naive concepts is astounding.

3 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Anyone who thinks that the reason America has a debt to revenue problem is because we subsidize foreign countries instead of subsidizing this country’s own ultra rich, including the owners of companies like KBR, is a complete fucking moron. 

Oh hi Chicken Sandwich! How ya doing? 

• Like 1

Stop destroying the American middle class and making the cost of living so damn high (tax tax tax) that people feel it’s irresponsible to have children they may not be able to afford. Central America has no such qualms. 

OK, old man.  Take a nap and you'll feel better.

4 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

+rep just for that alone!

Sleeping through it will make it not be true?

https://www.kpbs.org/news/2018/mar/15/californias-middle-class-decline-despite-states-im/

California’s Middle Class Is In Decline, Despite The State’s Immense Wealth

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/fortune/longform/shrinking-middle-class-nyc

The Shrinking Middle Class: Tales from New York City

on a day in which zavala is posting about san fran street shitters in the houston mayoral election thread, i didn't think he'd have competition for dumbest post here.  but chickensandwich is making a run at it. 

Urbanization was a way for liberal elites in large cities to gain more power.  It’s also why the electoral college is so important and works.  2600 vs 480 counties voted Republican vs Democrat.  Urbanization allowed a few cities to control the majority of the vote  

he really seems to think that some cabal of liberal elites is marking everyone else's ballots in cities. 

Edited by elfenix

3 minutes ago, elfenix said:

on a day in which zavala is posting about san fran street shitters in the houston mayoral election thread, i didn't think he'd have competition for dumbest post here.  but chickensandwich is making a run at it. 

he really seems to think that some cabal of liberal elites is marking ballots in cities. 

The trolls are active today. Apparently the theme today is that people take shits in cities while out in the sticks, people just shit in the woods. They prefer shitting in the woods apparently. 

Edited by JimmyJames

In San Francisco $75k a year qualifies you for housing assistance. It’s no wonder everyone lives paycheck to paycheck regardless of salary. They price their own citizens out of child birth  teachers can’t afford to live and teach in the city  and often live with parents to survive.  It is a completely self created problem   

This is primarily a Supply/Demand issue. San Francisco and Silicon Valley experienced gentrification on East German steroids. San Francisco is a victim of it's success.

4 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

This is government not allowing capitalist rules to work.  They prop up the underpaying jobs instead of letting the market correct itself to the proper level of need vs cost.  It exacerbated the problem

This isn't the case. The median income in San Francisco is around $100k and the minimum wage increase was well below the price floor, there is a decrease in low wage workers because even with the new minimum wage it doesn't meet the required income for the high cost of living. The market forces are what's driving the cost of living up and creating a lot of winners, the problem is what to do with the losers being priced out of the area. The world needs ditch diggers but even ditch diggers need to sleep and eat.

4 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Sadly, it is being proven out that sprawl is a much better policy than Urban density which causes massive inequality.  

The situation is the opposite in San Francisco. The city is landlocked and doesn't have the space to expand and has local regulations that discourage urban density. San Francisco needs to go the NYC route with urban density in order to increase the supply of real estate to meet the demand.

51 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Sleeping through it will make it not be true?

https://www.kpbs.org/news/2018/mar/15/californias-middle-class-decline-despite-states-im/

California’s Middle Class Is In Decline, Despite The State’s Immense Wealth

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/fortune/longform/shrinking-middle-class-nyc

The Shrinking Middle Class: Tales from New York City

Middle class is shrinking everywhere, not just in the big cities. The 1 presenters have redistributed wealth from the poor and middle class back to themselves from their republitards through tax cuts. But God forbid when someone mentions increasing taxes on wealthy people, morons like this dipshit here,  screams class warefare!!!!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The trolls are active today. Apparently the theme today is that people take shits in cities while out in the sticks, people just shit in the woods. They prefer shitting in the woods apparently. 

To be fair, I prefer shitting in the woods as long as its done responsibly. Having seen a homeless man take a dump in a downtown parking lot, I will say the woods are definitely preferable.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, F250 said:

To be fair, I prefer shitting in the woods as long as its done responsibly. Having seen a homeless man take a dump in a downtown parking lot, I will say the woods are definitely preferable.

That reminds me, while we're providing the homeless with housing, we also need public toilets.

24 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

That reminds me, while we're providing the homeless with housing, we also need public toilets.

San Antonio installed a couple of these downtown. The city claims that its cheaper to pay for these than cleanup the poo/pee all day every day. The Police department claims there was a significant drop in citations for public urination near the new restrooms.

img_7384.jpg

Guest Lobo

Off main topic, but certainly in line with last half page of posts---what's the "working number" of homeless in Austin according to public/non-profit officials close to the situation?  

Step 1) Republican policies geared toward inequality create a bunch of bums.

Step 2) Since the bums are way past the fetus stage, Republicans won’t let the bums live in their towns so the bums naturally migrate to cities that at least try to help them.

Step 3) Bums have to eat and shit too.

Step 4) Republicans - “your Libtard city is full of shitting bums!”

Step 5) Johnny Sack posts on surly that the bums fault is all their own then announces he’s gonna vote for trump shortly after having his yacht spray washed just in case some bum pissed on it. 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/1/2019 at 4:45 PM, Crusher said:

Just looked through the article and you are correct. But it don't take a genius to make the connection to Sanctuary cities where illegal immigration is not only accepted but encouraged,

Now we are supposed to pay for it. 

Can all the people that live in South America come to the US? I just don't see it.

For the record, Are you claiming immigrants are bringing disease?  Link or evidence for the”non-geniuses” and non-racists, please.

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, achooloco said:

For the record, Are you claiming immigrants are bringing disease?  Link or evidence for the”non-geniuses” and non-racists, please.

How else does precious snowflake Kaylee Jo get measles? If dirty immigrants weren’t here, my anti-vaccinated kids wouldn’t get diseases! 

• immamac changed the title to Immigration effects on our Health Care System