2019 Women's World Cup - Do It Back to Back

ztejas

2 minutes ago, Homesickhorn said:

So at what time on the game clock does the game actually end? Serious question, I’m soccer stupid.

The clock in the stadium stops at 45’, 90’, etc., but the timekeeping official (the one with the numbers board in their hands for substitutions) takes note of delays in the game, injuries, etc., piles up all that time (usually 3-5 minutes) and deems the match to go on with however much time they calculated, and they put it on that board for everyone to see. At that instance, the head referee has a watch on and will monitor the time gone by. It’s not an exact number to the second of which the game will end, but it’s pretty close. The referee will blow the whistle 3 times to signal the end of the game.

4 hours ago, TexasMan said:

The clock in the stadium stops at 45’, 90’, etc., but the timekeeping official (the one with the numbers board in their hands for substitutions) takes note of delays in the game, injuries, etc., piles up all that time (usually 3-5 minutes) and deems the match to go on with however much time they calculated, and they put it on that board for everyone to see.

Actually, this was my biggest head scratcher from going to live games - No, they don't. It didn't happen when I went to France-Germany 4 years ago nor any of the EPL or UCL games I've gone to. Since then, I have learned, get my clock or phone ready when stoppage time is coming close. It's only on TV.

2 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Actually, this was my biggest head scratcher from going to live games - No, they don't. It didn't happen when I went to France-Germany 4 years ago nor any of the EPL or UCL games I've gone to. Since then, I have learned, get my clock or phone ready when stoppage time is coming close. It's only on TV.

I'm talking about this board. Not the scoreboard or jumbotron.

hublot-stoppage-time-1.jpg

I, too, use my phone stop watch when I'm at games to see how accurate it is. 

12 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

I feel like they display it at every MLS game I have been to. Maybe I'm wrong (and I well could be - been pretty drunk at most of them), but I don't remember being in the dark about what minute it was in towards the end. 

6 minutes ago, ATLLonghorn said:

Well that was a very USMNT fuck up from our back line and it's tied.

Yeah I'm surprised the back line hasn't been put under more scrutiny to this point...I haven't been a fan of it in a while.  In the last world cup they were freaking dominant.  But after moving up Julie and adding Dunn back there(she should be an attacker, not a last line of defense player), it's look weak, just they've been so good they haven't been tested.

Really worried about them going forward.  But then again, if the US attacks and just keep scoring it may not matter.